Those childhood memories that always "stuck" with you.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maninthebox94, Jul 29, 2009.

1. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I guess one of them would have to be when i was about 5 my dad cooked Ramen noodles and a box of macaroni and cheese and told me it was the Easter Bunnies guts on an easter morning.

Another being in first grade my fat ass teacher actually stole my pizza, then ate it right in front of me.

What do you guys have?

2. newguy

newguy i

Ummmmm one time this one thing, ummmm... i forgot

3. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    i am barely out of my childhood but if there's one thing that stuck with me to this day from when i was a little kid would be getting a 4 inch long and 1 inch thick nail in my knee,god that was so painful.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    When I discovered the joy of Transformers. Must have been three or four then.

5. red4

red4 Banned

A fuckload of things. I remember tons of painful, emotionally jarring, awkward, and weird memories from my childhood. There weren't many happy events in my childhood except seeing Jurassic Park for the first and second time, catching lizards when I played outside, and small and obscure things along those lines. School was hell, home life was worse.

But here are a few anyway:
    -Being chased by the rabid white neighbor for accidentally kicking a soccer ball against his front door.
    -My dad dislocating my thumb when I shielded myself from a spanking.
    -Finding my pet lizard dead of starvation during an airing of Pippy Long Stockings (and I have since hated the theme song because I associate it with that event)
    -^^^That was also the first time I ever became depressed. I was about 9-ish.
    -Knocking on my friend's door to ask his mom if he could come out to play (it was weird for me because my dad was paranoid and overprotective)
    -My dad throwing the TV remote against the wall and breaking it (the remote, not the wall) because I wasn't instantly happy at his "solution" for some act of unfairness that my brother did to me (you know how brothers fight; Well my dad's "solution" was a mere dismissal of my brother's mistake, and offered me a hug. I denied the hug, and he went ape shit.)
    -My mom literally trashing the entire kitchen when my parents were close to getting a divorce. (I remember feeling curiosity and lighthearted awkwardness during this event - I wasn't scared or sad about it. Yeah, I'm weird.)
    -I remember seeing my little brother for the very first time. He was being cradled in the front seat as the car pulled into the garage, and I stood in the doorway leading into the house, and watched.
    -I remember my older brother being scared of the hallway at night, and causing me to be scared as well, because he thought aliens prowled it.
    -I remember making dust angels on the back patio, and cutting my elbow with a piece of glass. I remember it didn't hurt at all, and my parents were in a panic.
    -I remember watching my older brother crash his bicycle, flying over it, landing on the asphalt, breaking his arm.
    -I remember learning to peddle my bicycle by first rolling off a sidewalk ramp at a Chinese restaurant next to my dad's work place.
    -I remember one of my GI Joes being tossed onto the roof of a laundromat; it stayed up there for years, until one day a maintenance guy tossed it back down, and I collected it right away (I still have it today).
    -I remember losing a GI Joe forever one day when I put it in my jacket pocket, and ran to hug my mom. I didn't realize he was missing until hours later. I'm positive he fell out of my pocket when I ran.
    -I remember catching a huge lizard at school, and everyone was impressed and intrigued.

The list goes on and on and on.

6. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Being pinned to the wall or floor multiple times by dogs....

7. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

In b4 funny uncles

How did you happen to be at the laundromat the very day that dude found the Joe?

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    way too many things to list but ill go with sneaking into movies with my brothers

9. red4

red4 Banned

apartment complex laundromat, I lived at those apartments

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Christmas time, bunch of family over at one of my grandma's house. I get this toy, first it walks around like any other american retro robot, then it's head splits open, revealing this freaky dino head, and makes a horrible squeak/screech. Head closes back up, contnues walking. Obviously I didn't like the toy becuase I never saw it again.

11. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Finding a M&M under my curtain xD

12. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Oh Genozaur you're such a joker.

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Convincing every girl to "show me yours and I'll show you mine" but never upholding my end of the bargain.

Some things never change.

14. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Oh Dark_Convoy you're such a joker.

15. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    One of my favorite childhood memories is my dad setting up a small 10 gallon aquarium in my room and him taking me to the pet store to pick out some fish. It's something I'll cherish forever and I have since set up a 55 gallon tank and still go to the same pet store:rip 

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Chasing my sister around the house with a kitchen knife, running outside, having a neighbor see it then calling the cops. Ahh, to be young again...

17. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I remember my brothers letting me watch "Alien" when it came on HBO because "it was a cool alien flick" I was 7 at the time. I still to this day have trouble watching that movie :lol 
    Another one was when I was 4 and I bit by the neighbor's dog in my thigh. It was nothing more than a nip, I needed at best 2 stitches, but to me I thought I was gonna lose my leg. And on the way to the hospital, my older brother telling me they will use a staple gun like my dad has (one of those big ones that drives staples into wood) to close the wound. Best part is, he became a Doctor :lol 

18. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I remember watching Return of the Jedi and then refusing the roast beef sandwich for dinner because the beef reminded me of Jabba the Hut. :( 
    I remember being the "remote" for my dad. "Channel up, up, up, down!"
    I remember playing Transformers out on our outdoor fireplace thingy and it would poof with smoke as I was playing. I couldn't figure it out at first but when I went around the back I found my mom and dad tearing it down with a sledge hammer. :( 
    And....with my much older brother I remember him taking me to the mall to get a transformer. He would not let me open it on the way home, saying I had to wait till we got home. On the way, the bus we was in was rear ended by a drunk driver. :( 

Chuck

19. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the

one memory I had was Waking up during my surgury

Santa Clause in my Aunts House

Touching a hot Disk Brake

ETC........

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I can remember the exact day when my parents told me they were splitting up. :( 

Why are you not in therapy?