Thor

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I was wondering after reading Fantastic Four what everyone's opinion of Thor coming back is. Which side do you think he'll be on, if his costume will change at all, or his personality change, etc?

Hopefully I'd rather have him as bad ass as the Ultimate Thor with a huge beard, but not as hippy.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

He could stay away forever, and I wouldn't notice or care. He's never been a character I've found interesting at all.

Though if there are alot of people out there who want him back, then I have no problems with him coming back. Just as long as he stays in his own book, and doesn't join the New Avengers.

3. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I like Ultimate Thor's "hippy-ness", it's cool to see a guy with so much power be portrayed as such a socially conscious person. It's much better than him just being another super soldier that marches around obeying orders.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Just like Dev, I couldn't care less about Thor. I pick up an issue here and there to see what happens in a crossover or a very very interesting mini, but that's about it.

I also find it funny that both times he has disappeared, no one really cared to much. After Heroes Reborn, he was gone for a bit and there wasn't much mention at all until he came back. Then in the current death, someone made a mention once and it was like "Oh, he's in Asgard or something" and that was it.

He's such a worthless character that even other characters don't care about him.

However Thor: Vikings was pretty sweet.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beta Ray Bill is much cooler then Thor.

If I where to guess I think he’ll end up on Captain Americas side.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thor is back? Can someone give the details of his return? And this happened in the current issue of Fantastic 4?

7. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes it was in FF. In short Doom found out where the hammer was. Fought his way to it couldn’t pick it up, got all dejected and went home. Word got out and every one and there uncle lined up to try and lift it. Out of the dark some dude in a coat and hat saunters on up cutting ahead of every one in line grabs it and there is a big flash. You don’t see Thor all Thored out though.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Not just some dude.....Someone with a backpack with an embroidered "D.B." on it, most likely referring to Thor's human counterpart, Dr. Donald Blake

9. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was keeping it short, and assumed who the dude was wouldn't be a mistary. :) 

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably. Bringing back classic heroes is big right now. Hal Jordan is Green Lantern again, Donald Blake is Thor again, next thing you know Barry Allen will back and running.

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Well now I don't need to read that one.

12. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the Doom parts are in the 2 issues before. The Thor stuff in this currant issue is only a couple of pages, the main story is Civil War related and pretty interesting.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Didnt allen die in infinite crisis? I dont think he'll be back for at least 3 years

14. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Allen died in Crisis of Infinite Earths.

In relation to Thor, the stories I enjoyed with him is when he fought the Juggernaut during the Acts of Vengence and the rematch. the Walt Simonson run was good too. Can't remember any others.

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Simonson run is well worth reading - pick up the trades and campaign to Marvel for a 4th volume to complete the issues he wrote.

There's also some volumes dealing with Thor and the Eternals from circa #300 coming soon.