Thor Movie Toys Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Falconhood, Feb 2, 2011.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I saw the Warriors three today at Target as well, but they also were badly done. I wasn't even being picky. I was seriously considering them, even if their paint could have been better, especially where the hair begins and the skin ends (Fandral had shitty eyes). But the reason I passed on all 3 was because they were GOBBED in excess glue used for attaching their chest armor and skirt pieces to their bodies. Oh man, poor Volstag had so much excess glue on his waist that it looked like the skirt melted into his body, and Fandral chest looked like he pasted his body armor to his chest with aid from an industrial glue gun. Hogun wasn't that bad, maybe I'll grab him.

Sucks.

On the bright side I did find 2 more Destroyers. Not sure what I'll do with them, but they're good to have. I might paint one up with orange flame filling the lines that run throughout it's body and fill the face in with the flame blast. Or maybe I'll remove all his paint (how do I do that safely?) and repaint him with something dark that blocks out the red light, but leave every line on his torso and head translucent, so the red light can peer through giving it the effect it has in the film. Hmm.....

"One of Starks?" Oh no, one of Odins!

I'm more surprised Hasbro didn't do that as some repaint for a store-exclusive Thor "Destroy the Destroyer" multipack with Thor, Sif, the warriors 3, and the Destroyer. C'mon Hasbro, why are there no exclusives or multi-packs for these figures?

Eh, all I can say is "at least they are finally showing up." I hope to find more figures (warriors 3, Sif, Heimdall, the repainted Destroyer, the 8-inch Destroyer, Loki with horns, some other Thors) but they are scarce. Okay, basically anything beyond wave 1 I hope to find...Hopefully. :/

2. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Found the new wave today but Destroyer was the only one I could buy because the paint was so terrible on the rest. Its so frustrating to find figures you've been eagerly anticipating and actively hunting for, only to pass on them because they look like shit. Even Thor's winged helmet, something that shouldn't have been that hard to get right, looked like they just tipped the figure upside down and dipped him head-first into silver paint. Such a disappointment.

::EDIT::
    Wow, Destroyer kind of sucks. I didn't really notice until after I opened him that he barely has any paint on his head so he has a lovely metallic body and transparent head. Also the lack of ball jointed shoulders really hurts the figure. The light effect is a cool idea, but I'd rather have ab articulation.
    Bleh...he's going back to the store and I'm done with this line.

3. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah the paint apps on anyone but the Destroyer have been pretty poor. I hope I can find some decent ones of the guys I want, if I can even find them to begin with.

As for your Destroyer figure, he usually has great paint apps, its just due to his silver paint coverage and blackwash detailing, the finish can vary from looking like he's battle worn or looking all clean and pretty. No two figures are alike.

As for the Destroyer's head, depending on how it's been painted at the factory, you have 2 options:

Option A. ones that are very translucent with a light silver paint mist on them,

-or-

Option B. ones where the entire flat top section of the head is completely covered with the silver paint, making it opaque, but leaving the sides and front face of the head covered with enough silver paint to look silver but still let the red light shine through (it's not fully covered enough to block out the red light).

^The head and torso are made of translucent plastic because the red light has to shine through them both like it does in the movie. That's his blast attack. Considering how the figures are, I'd try to get "option B" if you want the figure to look silver overall and still be able to fully light-up when the red light is activated.

As for the articulation, the reason his shoulders are only cut joints is due to having to fit the electronic light-up components into his torso. They did the same thing to the figure of Thor with the light-up hammer.

Now I said all the above because my next point is I have 3 Destroyers:
    -The first one I found is exactly like Option B, nice overall silver paint coverage, the head is covered in the silver paint, it has nice detailing, the Destroyer's appearance looks shiny and new.
    -The next two I found are like Option A, they look weathered/battle-worn due to their overall silver paint coverage and blackwash, have the semi-translucent heads with misty silver paint coverage.

When it comes to buying this Destroyer figure, it all depends on what factory finish you find and which one you perfer to own, pristine *or* battle-worn. If you don't like it then return it, but if you want one with more silver paint on the head and an overall cleaner look, then just search around until you find one that you are happy with.
    I hope this helped clear up any confusion.

4. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I saw the Destroyer, Fandral and Volstagg today at Target but skipped them. I did buy Odin on clearance for $5, I wish he came with his staff and not the gimmicks.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did I miss the Walmart Thor 6 inch exclusive figure? I never seen it in retail.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Still at retail.

7. Sportimus

News Credits:
    That's both good news and frustrating at the same time. :D  I guess my three local Walmarts feel they have to sell more of the 4" figures before they put them up because I've never seen the 6" Thor or Captain America.

Is Thor himself the only 6" or are there others like Loki as well?

8. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a Loki as well, plus a comic version Thor. I think Loki is a comic version.

9. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Thanks, that should be interesting if I find those too. I just hope I can find the movie version Thor.

10. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure both OAFE.net and Itsalltrue.net had reviews up of the movie and comic 6" Thor figures, if you want to see what they're like first.

11. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I've seen the Thor in one of Sean Long's video reviews, and TFranz (sp?), and I just want to find one to join my 6 inch IM2 and also (if I can find it as well) 6 inch Captain America.

12. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Today I found Fandral. Not bad. :) 

13. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

They are clearanced for $5 at my K-Mart. sigh. And I was hoping for that golden guy that tends to the bridge...i guess we will never get him, eh?

14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I guess not. Too bad, he was cool.

I hope I will be able to find the Walmart 6 inch Thor. I like this line. At least there aren't 68,031,574 different versions of Thor like there are in the Iron Man 2 line.

15. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can check for you tomorrow. My Walmart has had them for WEEKS. Which one would you want? They are $15 each.

16. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can anyone still find the 6-inch mark 4 unmasked Tony at their wal-mart? I could never find one.

17. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

that would be weird:
    Hulkbuster Thor
    Thor (Advanced Armor)
    Thor (Arctic Armor)
    Thor (Deep Dive Armor)
    Thor (Fusion Armor)
    Thor (Hot Zone Armor)
    Thor (Hypervelocity Armor)
    Thor (Inferno Mission Armor)
    Thor (Mark II)
    Thor (Mark III)
    Thor (Mark IV)
    Thor (Mark V Stealth Armor)
    Thor (Mark V)
    Thor (Mark VI)
    Thor (Mark VI)
    Thor (Mark VI)
    Thor (Mark VI)
    Thor (Power Assault Armor)
    Thor (Stark Racing Armor)
    Thor (Stealth Operation)
    Thor (Ultimate Armor)

18. Alucard88

Alucard88 Supernatural

If anyone is still looking factory 2-u stores are getting in the lost wave of Thor 3.75 toys. Today I picked up a sif for only $4. Everyone from that wave was there and they also had about 7 or so deluxe heimdall's for 6$ a piece. Happy hunting!

19. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Damn, I wish I could get Heimdall cheap. I like that sword. I've only seen him once at TRU for $12+.

20. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I'd probably buy at least half of those. Even more weird. :D