Thomas the Train combiner KO - anyone have/had?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by clubninja, Aug 2, 2009.

1. clubninja

clubninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw some pictures of a combiner KO for sale that basically consisted of three Thomas the Train engines that form one combiner robot together. This thing would be the greatest crossover ever for our Transformers and Thomas loving son. Anyone have/had this and can provide any input? Total junk? Neat toy?

2. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

The Thomas train combiner is actually a knock off of an obsecure tf back in the Eighties which was actually made by a company that produced knock offs, but the figure was'nt a knock off.

I have'nt owned one of these figures, but you can find the Thomas one at KO TOYS and the Loco Squad (The orginal) you can find at some online railroad gift shops.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Locustreign has one of these, I know one of my fellow UK'ers ordered a bunch of them in!

4. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    I had these thomas KO's...the quality is very weak plastic.. You can't be transforming it. It will break..

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I certainly do :D  About 10 of us ordered them!

Mine actually isn't too bad, the plastic quality isn't great but certainly no worse than a lot of stuff Hasbro releases these days. Essentially it IS a KO though, so there's a bit of mold degradation from the original, some of the combination bits don't hold in fantastically, so it's not great for actually playing with, but as something to stick on a shelf and laugh at as possibly one of the most ridiculous things you own, it's great.

If your kid is young and actually likely to play with it, I'd probably pass, unless he's a careful player though.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I echo what LR said, great display piece, too fragile for young kids. One of the faces fell off mine straight out of the pack.

I was going to get another for a friend's kid, but he'd have destroyed it within minutes.

Choo Choo!

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also have one of these - the plastic quality isn't that bad, but it could break under heavy play. As Locy says, the combined mode might be tricky to push together. It's got an undeniable novelty quality to it though!

8. clubninja

clubninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input folks. Sounds like I'll only consider one for myself since it would definitely turn into dust if sent into battle around here!