Customs: This Will Be Hard...Call Him Optimal Claw Convoy!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by autobotx23, Mar 14, 2007.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Okay, I want to do this kitbash, and I need some advice. I want it to be something TF Master would have given props to. My first repaint was an Armada Sunstorm. I was motivated to do so by his Repaints of Armada Starscream molds. Both were awesome. Check out Transtopis if you haven't seen them.

I want to take Universe Razorclaw and the knock-off Lio Convoy and make a Beast Wars Neo kinds Prime figure. I want to use two Cyberton Sky Shadow cannons in the mix as well (left hand in pic). Whaddya think? I will sketch out a roughie and get it on here. I figure the head swap will be easy, as well as Razor claws wings. I'll swap the Tiger Head or the Lion head, and use the Convoy feet where his claws are mounted on 'Claw's chest.

I'm thinking a Universe Optimus Primal/Leobreaker Color scheme.

[​IMG]

What kind of paint/primer will I need? And any advice you got, lay it on me.

[​IMG]

2. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Thats a pretty kool idea man, but i dont know what to tell you unless i see a digibash. From what ive read, youre ideas are well thought out and you seem to be right on the money with what youre planning. =P

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i say go for it

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Well, I need to soak them alcohol right? Is there a special primer for plastic toys. I know I need to use model car paint, right?

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I actually painted one of those KOs up a while ago to look like the real thing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the crappy pics, I had a bad camera then. He turned out very nicely, except I didn't use krylon fusion paint, and it started peeling off on the white parts. Actually, I'm not even sure fusion would work - KO plastic is notoriously hard to paint.

6. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Even if its hard to paint dude, that KO looks pretty damn exact compared to the regular one. Good job Mega!

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

What kind of paint did you use, Mega? Did you do the alchohol stripping, sanding and priming? Help, Help!! Is Krylon Fusion the best? I keep hearing about Testors.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome Idea But It seams way to compliquated I won't but Go ahead if that what you want

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, I pretty much just took it apart, taped off certain things, and went to town with regular spraypaint. It was the first real paint job I've ever done, kind of an experiment.

Now that I think back, I should have at least washed the parts first, but oh well. It was a lesson.

Krylon fusion "bonds" with the plastic, helping it to not peel off. I've used it on other stuff, and it work great. I think I used "metallic red" testors spray for the red parts, and that hasn't peeled, but the gray plastic on mine seemed to be a little higher quality then the yellow plastic.

10. Shifter Prime

Shifter Prime Autobot Sniper

Ebay:
    Hey what are the Direct links? I can't look at them if their not direct links.

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Never did this one, actually, I made Devastator Prime and Optimus primal instead, Sorry. You can click on "All Threads Started By AutobotX23" to look at them.

12. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

yea but that vector prime tribute hound and those primes are AMAZING

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've some of the Lio Convoy KOs and I really like them, despite their low quality plastic. My intent was to take at least one, remove the "fur" and make it more robotic looking in both modes. I placed it on hold once I really committed to my Alt customs :) 

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

For ssome reason I opted for Optimus primal instead of Lio Convoy. If I get my hands on some extra Leader Cyb. Prime molds, I may have to do another and add it to the Prime Directive. my next one will be a lot more Rodimus to tie in with Speed Planet and that theme. The last one will be a Powermaster, but that one will take some work.

I did finally come up with my reshell project for my Login, Autobot X. It will be from a 2008 Dodge Magnum or Charger.