This Weeks New Avengers...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by McBradders, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

No way will he be in Mighty Avengers. THough I'm sure he will continue ot be in New Avengers.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So there's going to be two Avenger's teams? Awesome issue by the way, Luke Cage FTW!

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Isn't "The Mighty Avengers" just a retelling of the old Avengers stories, but updated with new art, dialogue, etc? Sort of like that one Spider-Man series out right now?

4. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

No, it's going to be Bendis' more action-oriented book with Frank Cho on the art.

New Avengers will continue on with Bendis and be more involved with the conspiracy things that he's been putting in the book with SHIELD and whatever. Also Leinil Francis Yu will be the regular artist for NA.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

WHOAH!

Frank Cho? The Mighty Avengers better be an all girl team :( 

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    It was hinted there will be moany hot women and Wonder man in a leisure suit.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I really like this revelation of the two different books. I can keep reading New Avengers and it's great quality stories, and most likely skip over Mighty Avengers. Unless Mighty has some damn good stories. One of the reasons I could never read the Avengers before New Avengers was they just seemed so cheesy to me.

8. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm the same way. Before New Avengers, I really didn't read a whole lot of Avengers stories. I mean I always liked some of the characters, but the stories weren't really appealing. But I've really enjoyed New Avengers on a whole, the whole Ronin thing I was kinda uh ok on, but other than that I've found it to be a pretty entertaining book. Just glad that it's still going to continue.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    o_O 

LOL

10. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Civil War is all around bad ass; my one regret so far is I'm still missing Thunderbolts 103 & 104, X-Factor 8 & 9, Cable & Deadpool 30 and FF 539.

I have never been this into a mainstream Marvel event before; seriously, I didn't even try to start anything with HoM, but with Civil War everything is just looking and sounding so great... It's totally inspiring.
    I haven't bought this many Marvel Titles since back in 1999-2000 when I was in my crazy, Buy Every Marvel Title Ever Made Phaze. I can't wait to see how everything resolves, you just know that the fallout after the event is going to be super stellar... And has anyone been following Wolverine? I have a strong hunch that the conspiracy angle is right in the thick of things; Spider-Woman's little shadow organization is probably involved in some fashion, I mean who else could The Dragon Lady be referring to?

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... so THAT'S why it looks like Thor's back....

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it didnt come with the latest shipment.

:( 

i did however get to pick up CW ish 3 reorder (still no luck with ish 2) and picked up NA: illuminati. haha, namor's such a jerk. and iron man is a humongous dick.

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On the topic of Illuminati, with Tony now getting just about everything he was pushing for years ago one wonders if he didn’t have a hand in if not the events in Stanford then at lest to drafting of the Registration Act.

And if so the revelation of that could be the thing that sends Spider-Man over to Caps side.

14. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I doubt Iron Man had a hand in Stamford. Something was clearly going on there (see: the Wolverine CW tie-in, someone from the government was talking to Nitro), but I don't think it was Tony.

When it comes out that the government's been working with Nitro...well, if anything, I expect that to make Tony's side rebel in some way or another.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No I don’t think he would have set up Stamford, or at lest not to go down the way it did.

But what do you think about the idea of him helping draft the Act? He could have been feeding ideas to one of the Congressmen and the copy he shows to the others wasn’t so much leaked to him but his own copy. His efforts to argue against the act before it passing could have been for show; after all he did hire the Titanium Man to attack him in Washington.

16. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    True...I think the argument against the act was more to get Peter in his pocket, though. I doubt that he was the one that drafted the act, though. My theory is that M-Day "persuaded" the government that they were better off with all superhumans registered.

I think that Tony saw this, and when met with the SRA, saw it as the only way to go.

17. GL_Rayner

GL_Rayner Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Having Tony be responsible for everything would be one of the biggest swerve's in Marvel History. The only problem would be how to turn him good once the bad guy persona runs its course. On another note, I do hope Sentry joins Caps side so we can see him go one on one with Thor:duel  .

When the hell is Hawkeye coming back?????????

18. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Or have Sentry on IM's side like he has been shown to be on covers and have Thor defect the the side he should be on.

19. GL_Rayner

GL_Rayner Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sounds good if it happens bacause it doesn't make sense for Thor to be on IM's side. Hopefully they make sense of that sooner rather than later.

20. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    As long as it's not all Immortus posing as Kang manipulating Tony into becoming a villian, I'll most likely be happy with the secrets/conclusion of Civil War. :)