this SUCKS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimus major, Jul 25, 2008.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

"moms"?:sly2: 

What?

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    evaunit ur sig...... :) 

as for this situation, i dont kno walmart's policies.

as for costco, i practically melted a prime cuz of a paint job attempt.

leader prime was cracked into like a dozen peices, yet they took it back.

I told them the reason too, they still accepted.

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

:lol  moms. Isn't that what someone's mother was called in GTA:SA?

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'll see your "What?" and raise you a "WTF?"

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Guess who shouldn't have started another rant thread if they didn't want to be "harangued"(?). And thanks for your advice :thumbs2: 

6. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    morality is taught not automatically known

and sometimes it's just sad.

7. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    I like that quote!

8. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Heh... pose all the noble pretentiousness you like... I'm laughing out loud at you pious saints who think it's a sin to return a broken toy, whether it's your fault by accident or your fault on purpose.

If I buy something and it breaks -- for any reason -- I'm returning it to the store for an exchange. It broke, and I'm not as virtuous as you goody-two-shoes who willfully (or at least claim to) eat the cost of buying another...not when I still have a receipt. That's why they HAVE exchange policies.

So forgive me o lord, if I don't weep over Wal-mart's bottom line. Like, ever.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Thank you so much for raising prices.

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Hey everybody...guess what? You've all done stuff that was slightly immoral and/or underhanded. So get off your moral high horse and get over yourselves. It's a freaking broken toy!!!! This is ridiculous.

edit:
    A voice of reason amongst the lynch mob.

11. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Still doesn't make it right. But, yeah, great job of being a good citizen ;) 
    Isn't that kinda like, oh I dunno, stealing?

And who is being judgemental here? :rolleyes: 

12. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Okay, so what is being said here, is the fact that Wal-mart lost $5 (an amount that has been long forgotten except for employee wages), and that is somehow both universally raising the prices of toys and condemning the human race to hell for lack of morality. It's been proven before that Wal-Mart is evil anyway, so no tears for them. The only sad part is some kid is gonna get the broken toy, so HIS mother will return it for another one. No dice.

13. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Nope. Stealing is buying a toy and returning a KO in its packaging, or returning a broken toy (or one with stolen pieces) as non-defective so it gets put back on the shelf. Or hell, returning an empty box, which I've also seen. Stealing implies deception, and intent to get something for nothing, not exchanging a broken item for a functional one in accordance with legal store policies.

There sure are a lot of heavy-handed assumptions going down here alongside all this holier-than-thou namecalling. Fact of the matter is, when you break an item, the store doesn't want to eat that cost any more than you do.

When you return a broken toy to a store, and it's marked as defective, they go to the manufacturer and claim a certain defect rate, for which they are recompensed. Most of the time the companies don't want the item BACK, because shipping a bunch of broken junk is cost-prohibitive, so they order the store to toss em in the trash. Ask any dumpster diver.

Sometimes companies want the items (or a part of the item, like cards or bar codes or tags or book covers) back in order to study them, refurbish them, or just as proof that the item is actually destroyed. Exact policies vary by manufacturer, but rest assured the retailer isn't hurting because you returned a broken toy.

And it goes for any retail purchase, from a transformer to a microwave oven to a lawn sprinkler. If you buy it, and it breaks while you're using it (And I think you'd be hard pressed to find a device that somehow magically breaks when you're NOT using it) then you return it for a replacement. That's what those policies are there for.

And when the companies get the numbers on defects, either due to crappy paint, missing parts, brittle plastic, or whathaveyou, they re-evaluate their quality control appropriately. Which is what they should be doing all along. It's been this way for years. No one is defrauding anyone by taking advantage of store policies printed on the back of the receipt.

14. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Whatev man, I understand your cause and (just) because I hate Walmart. Glad to hear you got a good Prowl and too bad about Sunstreaker. He's a good toy.

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I feel your pain brother, I've modeling mine in 3D in this game Second Life, so I had a few parts popped off, I am in the middle of making the chest area right now, and I dropped his roof piece on the floor....

CRUNCH :( 

I backed my chair up and accidently crushed his roof into 5 pieces, I was so mad. Now I gotta go buy a new one

16. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    :lol  Store policies are about returning an item due to some faulty reason caused by the store or manufacturer. If you return something and tell the store its broken, but don't admit fault or lie about it, THEN IT IS FRAUDULENT! If you are using it and your action causes it to break, outside of normal use as specified, then it is your fault. Quit blaming the store or manufacturer because you cannot take care of your toys. What do you not get about that? It has nothing to do with what the store or manufacturers do after it is returned, the point being you lied about it. But keep telling yourself otherwise if it makes you feel better about your own actions

And saying "oh noes Walmartz is teh evilz" does not make it right. Two wrongs don't make a right. And if it makes you feel better about ripping off stores over a freakin' toy, knock yourselves out.

EDIT: Holier than thou name calling? Where? Last time I checked, no names were called. However, if you feel like a thief...that is on you.

17. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep still bad. It was fine. You brought it back broken. They can not resell. You walk out with a new one. That imho is the same as stealing. Just my opinion though.

Adding: Being Walmart and their bottom line is not the point. The point is...it was not broken.
    Might I do the same, maybe...but that does not make it right.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i once bought a bionicle i was building it and a piece broke i returned it for a another one...is that stealing? i dont think so both situations seem very close to eachother both were uncontrolable the store took it back it is there fault for being stupid enough to actually not ask questions

19. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Transformer toy shouldn't break as easily as it did, especially if the toy is put through 'drop tests' during the prototype stage to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Optimus Major did the right thing exchanging it. :thumbs2: 

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Dude. Drop tests are not "Confirm this will not break" tests. They're done to make sure that when an object DOES break from falling, the resulting mess is in a condition as to NOT CAUSE FURTHER INJURY. Corners breaking off and such are not what they're testing for. They're testing to make sure that the toy (Sunstreaker in this case) breaks in a way as to not cause large/sharp/jagged pieces that could then go on to harm a child. They're not proof of indestructibleness. And return policies are there to replace products that may be proven to be faulty through normal use. The lego set example above is exactly this. While putting the set together (Normal use) a piece broke, and it was returned. Knocking a toy onto the floor, whether intentional or by accident is not normal use. It's like saying if I threw my Sunstreaker against a wall or bashed it with a hammer I should be allowed to return it as defective.