this SUCKS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimus major, Jul 25, 2008.

1. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    well my wal-mart finally got universe figures.....so i buy a sunstreaker....it was PERFECT, nothing loose, perfect paint, everything. then it happened....mom knocks it off counter, it tumples, and one of the points on the top of the roof/chest plate breaks....so i go make a return (and i also buy a prowl) and what i end up with is not as great as my first one....first the cheast in robot mode is a TINY bit lopsided and it is unfixable....there is a couple of extra drops of paint in a couple of spots (which i can stand) but the worst part is one of his shoulder swivels....TIGHT AS HELL!!!!!!!! it is like it is the ratchet joint from hell....oh well i still love the dude

but what makes up for it is i got a perfect prowl with nice paint and not sticky

you see i don't like to part with a part of my collection....expecially after i had only had it for about 9 hours....so it really sucks

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a true bummer...luck was not truly on your side.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Someone/thing is mad you didn't wait for Sideswipe.

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hate it when my toys tumple.

5. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You returned a toy because your mom broke it? I'm pretty sure user error is not part of the return policy. But if Wal Mart took it back, well then they're idiots and more power to ya.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I was thinking that, Jericho. Seems a little underhand to return something 'cos you broke it.

7. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    it was an exchange.......is that still bad?

it not like i returned the box with a knockoff transformer in it.....i was just getting an exchange so i could play with it

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ya thats your bad not hasbros
    wal-mart will take anything back even used dirty underwear....i worked there i know lol

9. Optimus Sledge

Yeah, but they can't sell a broken toy. Ultimately, you've deprived Hasbro of some legitimate profit because your mum was clumsy.

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    well now i feel bad......i didn't know that it was against the rules to do that....it was my bro who did the exchange process while i went and got the new sunstreaker and a prowl

11. Optimus Sledge

I'm not sure which rules you're talking about. I don't think you're going to get into trouble here, but I doubt the store would have replaced the item if you'd gone in and said "Hi, my mum broke this by knocking it off the shelf. Can I switch it for another one?"

Btw, I'm not just saying this. I broke my Alternators Wheeljack the other day. Bought a replacement today. I didn't package the broken one up and take it back.

12. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Hasbro has not lost a cent over this transaction. Hasbro gets their money from the stores that they sell their toys to. Walmart already paid for both so they're the ones losing money. If anything, Hasbro will get more money out of it because the Wal-mart might buy more universe figures.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    It's still a pretty crappy thing to do. If it had been broken upon opening, that would be one thing, but this is just as bad as all of the people who switch out figures and then return them, like all of those Deluxe Animated Primes in Voyager Prime boxes.

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Question: How did you NOT know it was wrong to take a broken toy back to the store and return it after it was broken by you [or someone in your family]. That seems like common sense, dude.

And that makes it right? Wal-mart is out of money, not Hasbro. So technically, OM conducted fraudulent activity that cost Wal-mart $5 or so.

15. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Walmart eats the cost everytime something comes back they'll get the $$ from Hasbro.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this your toy should be able to survive a little tumple like that :p 

16. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Yes, yes it is. I wasn't trying to justify it, just clarify.

I didn't say that it is. I don't think it's a very ethical thing to do, but we really don't need to harangue him about it. Just let it be.

17. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meh, it's Hasbro's fault for making a part that will break from a fall rather than just popping apart. That's what their "drop-tests" are for.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Good job on making a valid rant thread

[​IMG]

But shame that you returned a broken toy when it was your(well your mom's) fault. Did your brother tell them that it was broken?

19. Optimus Sledge

It doesn't matter WHO has lost money over the transaction, the bottom line is that someone has. And this kind of behaviour contributes to the price rises we all hate so much, as stores and manufacturers have to absorb losses.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Your moms owes you big time.

you can't return it.......you can a guy who'll probably never meet ever again into buying it.