This seriously made me want to cry.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodimus Prime, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously, I cannot see how sick these assholes are. Yeah, yeah, it's bad news, but fuck it, this is one of the worst things I've heard of in a long time.

http://www.wdtn.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=67907&RequestTimeout=500

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    So sad. :( 

3. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Is there some reason you felt it necessary to put all that in your post, rather than just link to it? My stomach could have used some forewarning before finding all that in my RSS feed.

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

That is tragic. R.I.P.

5. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is one fucked up story.:( 

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

? It's quoted, if you hover over it with the mouse it won't show the quote. I also hate it when people just link to a site without posting the article. I also gave warning with both the title and my response to it.

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Is the human race getting more sick, or has this media age made it possible to find out all of these deranged people? And is the media helping create this deranged people?

These senseless killings are getting more "creative" for lack of a better term. I can't help but wonder if the media attention subconsciencely makes these fuck heads think of more sick and perverse ways to end another life.

Are we dealing with more mental illness per capita, then say the 1400s? If so, why? Too much stimuli? Too much excess?

8. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Heard about that awhile ago... just sickening. Absolutely sickening.

9. Shade (copy 4)

Shade (copy 4) Member

It has nothing to do with what is out there... It's just the way alot of people are. And I mean generally are. "Mental illness" is pretty much an excuse nowadays. There's a word for nearly everything that just basically describe being human. In essence we are classifying everybody as "mentally ill." You either have this disorder to this degree, or that disorder to that degree. Gone are the days of the "healthy people"...

The fact remains this is how it has always been and always will be. -_- The only real difference is that the media continues to increase its focus on such tales. The "dirtier" and more greusome and such it is, the more apt it is to wind up in the public's eye. This is why I refuse to face the news...

That and many things I have witnessed in real life myself. This takes the cake, but not by much... And I know one person who has seen far worse. Maybe I know more, but only one has spoken to me about it...

I will admit right here and now that I myself have for the greater aprt of my life had homocidal desires. There is a reason they have recently "suppressed" and it is not because I have gotten "better." I will not detail how due to the nature of what it is... But I will say that it was extreme, something I NEVER want to do EVER again and nothing conventional at all.

See the thing is anyone is fully capable of taking another life, no matter who they are. All they have to do is suddenly gain a desire for it. The fact remains interaction with other people as well as how one was raised can either increase or decrease the chances of this all occuring. Mind you that is not all that is included. At times there are people who are born with certain mental handicaps, disabilities, etc. that cause them to not be in control of their actions... But society and parental units have a great deal of effect on alot of wether or not someone is going to develop into such ways or commit such things.

"Think before you act."

Alot of people tend to believe that being polite and tolerating things helps people. In the end it is far too often what causes alot of people to make such decisions; To have such ideas. If people were far more willing to be open and honest and did not take oh so many things into personal offense, alot of problems would be avoided.

Lying is far too rampant nowadays. The line "I'm sorry" is far too overused. It has lost pretty much all meaning and is rapifly losing more and more each and every day.

"Being nice" to someone does not always mean that you smile at them and tell them something they did is good, even though you may think otherwise. It is telling someone your honest and true opinion and not "hiding."

People bottle far too many things deep within themsleves and those build up and boil over until something like this happens. You see she could have entirely had her mind "shut down" and more or less "become somebody else" the time at which this had occured due to holding oh so many things deep inside.

Now, I have nothing against religion. In fact I am rather more for religion. I am just against the teachings that certain things that have been prevalent in humans for centuries upon centuries is wrong. But it seems a great deal of these "sick individuals" are actually religious people. Or at least the media would have us believe. The odd thing is I tend to agree with that due to some religious people I have met. The way they talk... You would swear they were on something.

I once was on the path to becoming Christian myself, but that is only because I was introduced to a church full of truly accepting people. That which they did not accept they allowed you to know right away, but they did not shun you for it. They more took it as a new experience. They actually talked TO you, not DOWN AT you. I felt as a real person there. The only problem with it all is I tend to wake up rahter late. Like 11 am late. Lol :p 

At any rate, I am getting at that the way alot of people handle things is part of the primary cause of alot of things like this. Society is detremental to one's mental health. This is why I tend to typically go to places where I can just relax, be myself and not have to worry about offending others. Because I can be very harsh and abbrassive. I don't hold back in what I say.

Lastly: There is the possibility that it was the babysitter. They were there the night before. Not all mothers are sensitive to their babys. Babysitter might have done it, you never know. I mean why aren't they looking into wether or not the babysitter did it? Maybe they are and nobody said. Who knows...

At the end of my post, I say this: Apologies for the lengthy post, just had to speak my mind. (And if I am apologizing to you, it means that I feel my apology is necessary. I don't hand them out like candy on Halloween.)

10. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I'm feeling hungry for some reason. Hmm...

"Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: is what's for dinner!"

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Not funny at all :thumbdown 

12. Sideways

Sideways Banned

that's sad...
    if it were up to me, the mother wouldnt get the death penalty....she would just get a bullet between her eyes.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That disturbs the hell out of me. Makes my heart sink and my breath stop just thinking about it. I just dont understand why someone to do that.

Remember a few things like this in the 80's , and one where a couple locked their kids in the oven. That's just the most horrible thing

14. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Not to be a dick, I understand some of these people have may have mental illnesses, but if they decide to end their childs' life why can't they ever find a more humane and painless way of doing it.

Ending your child's life beacuse you suffer from deppresion and think life would be as hopeless for them as it was for you is one thing, but using a microwave oven to do it slowly and painfully is f*$%ing psychotic.

15. Shade (copy 4)

Shade (copy 4) Member

And what if they did it because they liked watching others suffer? What if it wasn't they saw life as hopeless... What if it was just because something in them made them only really feel alive when ripping the life of another away?

16. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

um.... yeah that's kind of what I was getting at in my post when I said "f#$%ing psychotic". Not just mentally depressed, but outright sick.

17. Shade (copy 4)

Shade (copy 4) Member

Heh. So I'm sick... *Shrugs.*