This Seller Is A Douche!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Blitzkrieg, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Supreme Leader

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    shows 14.85 USPS priority mail when i click on the link

3. Blitzkrieg

I'm on ebay.ca, my Postal Code is automatically filled in and that's what came up, LOL!

4. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

Haha I save money shipping to Winnipeg, at the cheap cheap price of $116.52DSD... but yes.. people like this who jack prices up when shipping to Canada anger me... I've got similar things shipped to me from similar location and have a shipping price $15 more.. silly americans... jk

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yeah dude, Canada is like..... well it's only a few hundred miles from me but it's like, a whole other country lol. I usually add about 50% more to ship to Canada, this is kinda overkill.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's BS, and the fact that Ebay allows that while punishing others for very minor things is a perfect example of why no one wants to sell on there

7. Blitzkrieg

Kinda overkill??, that's a huge understatement. Unless this seller is including customs fees as well, which some sellers do. But still, that is a bit silly. :( 

8. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know if the item weighs over 4lbs then USPS price goes from $20'ish to $50+ dollars. Why in the Hell USPS decided 4+ pounds becomes too much is fricken weird.

It is amazing what some sellers charge for freight, even for domestic freight. Just plottin' and schemin' for those buyers that don't pay mind.

9. unkrazimatik

unkrazimatik Seeker, of the truth

I find it jacked up b/c it is listed on Ebay Canada, and is listed comming out of Texas.

Anybody else notice that???

10. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I find it funny not only the ship price, but the bid price. These were shelf warmers by me and I ended up getting mine for $17 at target

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I don't know why, but quite often sellers here in the boards try to charge me double or almost triple the shipping costs to the UK if they live in Canada. Many a potential sale has fallen through because of that.

Is it much more expensive to ship from Canada instead of the US or was I just being fooled?

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    For 116 bucks I could fly down to the area pick up the item my self and fly home.

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity I checked the shipping charge to the Philippines, it's US$228.03, hehe. :) 

14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Sellers like that piss me off. I rarely buy anything from Ebay anymore because of the jacked up shipping costs. I was looking at a loose Animated Rodimus and the seller wanted almost $40 US for shipping to Taiwan! I know for a fact a loose Deluxe costs no more than $6-7 to ship by airmail, as I've had Deluxes shipped to me with the postage cost on the package!

I never charge more than actual shipping, and very often take a loss when the shipping ends up being more than what it was supposed to be.

15. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I wouldn't pay $40 for that abomination prime and shipping price to Australia.... $228, ROFL!

16. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Best thing to do is report this auction.

17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    This is most likely a seller that in order to comply with Paypal international shipping criteria has selected the most insured/trackeable option that eBay shows for their preferred shipping company. Then left it up to eBay's shipping calculater to calculate the shipping for this item. It's basicly laziness on the seller's part that he wouldnt bother to figure out what shipping method would give him the necessary Paypal shipping criteria and be half-way reasonable rates.

On average, yes it is much more expensive to ship from Canada than from the US. Shipping a parcel from or within Canada starts at $10 for even the smallest possible box you can come up with. While I've received many small parcels from the US that were no more than $3-4. If you want tracking, it's even more. It used to be more reasonable about 2-3 years ago but since then they've changed the rates.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm here IN TEXAS and it is saying it would cost me US $116.52.....what the hell?!?!?!

19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Thats how much it shows for me in BC, but when I go and change the country to the US in the shipping tab, it shows $14.85.

Oooo.. it'll cost $364.61 if you live in Zimbabwe...

20. Blitzkrieg

LOL, that is crazy. Sounds like there is a huge problem with ebay's shipping calculator.