This just made my day so depressing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

:( 

Those poor bunnies...

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's the question: Are you depressed because of the bunnies, or because the mall is flooded?

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    "No, they didn't make it," she said, before leaving quickly without sharing her name."

Somebody might be slightly vague about their work experience next time they're job hunting.

5. Tyrannosaur

The bunnies of course. Yes I love animals FYI, but I'm not some PETA activist or something like that. It's kinda sad ya' know. Personally I feel the owner is kinda stupid for leaving them in there. It's not something to get worked up over, but I love cute animals (I'm manly enough to admit that :lol ) and felt it's kinda sad.

Why would I be depressed by the mall? It's a building. Sure it sucks that it's not going to be open for a while due to all that property damage but there's tons of other places me and my friends can hang out at. One of my friends works at one of the stores in there, his manager said they have to throw out more than half of their products because of water damage, and the inside is flooded completely.

Have you seen the video? It's not just the mall, the past couple of days entire sections of Warwick have been submerged.
    YouTube - Uncut: Flood Swamps Mall

Mother nature was on her period those few days. Oh look, Target is submerged too. Oh well, thats what they deserve after rejecting my job application and the days I spent practicing for that damn interview :banghead: 

Has anyone else seen the mall on the news? Me and my family drove by there, it's amazing what happened. The flood caused alot of damage all over the state.

6. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Thousands of people are dying all over the world right now, this instant. More will be dead before the day is out.

Same deal tomorrow. Oh yeah, plenty of cute animals are dying too.

Happy Easter!

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh no, maybe the Easter bunny was in that mall! D:

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    very sad :(  poor bunnies. but at least they are in a far better place than a shopping mall.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Sad, but unavoidable.

10. trump

trump WWBD?

Rabbits are known for their reproductive excellence.Those ones have probably already been replaced several times over with newborn rabbits.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    4 feet high in the mall itself?!?

Damn, since I've been to that mall, that means most likely 90% of stores inventory has all been destroyed. I'm 5'11 and that basically means anything that wasn't higher than up to my elbows or placed high up on a wall shelf is trashed.

Gamestop and FYE probably lost everything that wasn't on a high shelf. Heck, most stores probably lost almost everything since the display shelves are never too tall. One of my college buddies works at the FYE there. I wonder if he's out of a job now.:( 

Disney Store's moving character statues are probably trashed, their giant mound of stuffed animals must be soaked like a sponge, and their big movie screen must be destroyed. The TILT game arcade probably lost everything. The giant carousel and the giant screen t.v. in the food court are probably trashed. The food court itself must be a living nightmare.

The TARGET, Old Navy, and Sports Authority just opened a year ago. They must be trashed since they were on a lower ground level. Man, TARGET probably lost tons of stuff, not even thinking about all the foods they sold. Eww that must be a disgusting mix.

And I'm sure sewage got mixed into the water.

Man, the inside of that place must be a horrifying cesspool. Just out of curiosity, I'd love to see pictures of what it looks like now. Seeing somewhere you've gone to most of your life, all the stores you have been in, just makes you wonder what it all looks like now.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    Oh great. Flood waters tested positive for high levels of E.coli

The sewer treatment plant in Warwick flooded, so they hope none of the contaminated water makes in into the river, otherwise it means more trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I feel more sorry for the folks who lost their stocks of merchandise. Money's hard enough to come by as it is.

14. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

OK who masturbated???!!!
    "Whose responsible for this?"

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Most items can be replaced.

However, for stores like Gamestop, FYE, and anything else that stocked items which are no longer being produced (like used video games, systems, etc.), they will be hit hardest.

And it sucks for anyone who probably Pre-Ordered games with special promo items and have yet to pick them up. Their stuff is probably destroyed, since most of that is kept behind the store counters.

I don't know if the Game Arcade will be replaced, and who knows what will happen with the giant carousel and big-screen t.v. in the food court. Those may be gone for good, and they've been there for YEARS.

As for TARGET, you'd have to see how high the water was inside it to assess the damage.

One thing's for sure, finding a Bludgeon and Mindwipe is going to be all the more difficult now. If it wasn't for the weather last week, I was gonna go to that Target to get HA Barricade. Ax that idea.:lolol 

But I'm hopeful the stores will recover.

What we must really feel bad for are the 4,000+plus people now out of a job, the people who lost everything in the flood, and the people who's houses are no longer homes.

Some people can't even go home because even though their houses were fine, their streets have been destroyed.

Bridges are gone and there are dams that WILL eventually fail, only to flood even more houses and businesses.

Heck, the pond near me is now a giant dried up dirt pit because it's dam broke and all the water flowed downstream.

I'm fortunate though. We did have water get into the basement, but it was never anywhere as bad as it was in past normal times. We got off real lucky this time, consider how devastating the waters were elsewhere. Another plus was having everything be elevated in our basement so nothing got wet except some empty cardboard boxes that were were going to throw away anyways.

16. Tyrannosaur

Oh shit I forgot you lived in RI Netkid :lol 
    Hey I'm working tomorrow at Walgreens 8-4 at the one on Plainfield Pike/Atwood Ave. Intersection. Come visit :D 

I went by the mall today. The flood waters receded, tons of government trucks surrounding the place cleaning it out (Some company called BWCatastrophe or something like that). FEMA has a few camps nearby for some people who had to be evacuated.

The whole place is a mess. Man that sucks for places like The Tilt and Gamestop. Sports Authority got lucky with this one putting their store on the second floor.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2010
  17. netkid

News Credits:
    Don't get mad about the rabbits. It was our own stupid human fault they got left there to begin with. Stuck in an inescapable metal cage or left free (the article is really vague on this detail). On top of a shelf. In a building that experienced an internal 4 foot flood of sewage-contaminated water. This really can't end well.

From my experience with floods, any object left on top of something, thinking it will be fine there and brave mother nature is always a recipe for disaster. Things get moved and knocked over no matter how heavy they are. Water is more powerful than you think.

If they wanted to ensure the bunnies survival, they should have left with them when they evacuated the mall. They are living things after all.

18. netkid

News Credits:
    Sports Authority is the only thing there on a second floor. That mall was always one level before Target, Old Navy, and Sports Authority showed up. Target and Old Navy are probably FUCKED though.

Hey man, I haven't been up Warwick way in a while. Did ToysRus get flooded? What about Wal-Mart?

I know Rhode Island mall got >some< water but nothing major. Besides, most of their still-open stores are on the second level.

Is that the one near Mr. Lemon? That Walgreens was the shit. I used to go there and find all the Heroes of Cybertron figures and G.I.Joe Spy Troops figures I could never find anywhere else. I also found some insanely rare Gundam figures there. Submarine-colors MSM-03 Gogg! *hugs it* If I sold that damn thing today on eBay I could get $150-200 easily.

Ah Walgreens. I remember the one near the Providence public library was where I found my only Heroes of Cybertron Optimus Prime. And the one near the Burger King and Auto sales place was where I found an Armada Nemesis Prime. Good Times. Good Times.

Although, your toy prices today have gone up to stupid levels. $6 for a ROTF Legends figure? F*** that.

However, you guys do always seem to have an excellent selection of candy. Chocolate filled Mint flavored DOTS? Why I would have never known they existed. Most of your candy (Wonka, Nestle, Hersheys) I've never seen at other stores. CVS and Rite Aid always have the same usual boring shit.

19. Tyrannosaur

It's not the rabbits that made me mad (Though I agree they really should have taken them during the mall evacuation. It was stupid to leave them on a shelf.) it's the "Paleontology" meme that Deathbringer brought up. It developed from those users over at Laserbeak and it's annoying me incredibly now :banghead

Walmart is safe, so is Toys R' Us (They've up on a hill.) the completely vacant RI Mall is safe. It's funny that after all these years, The Toy Vault managed to stay open despite the shitty economy. They were the first I'd expect to go out of business. Guess not. Glad they're still open though :D 

Agreed. Target and Old Navy are screwed. Plus JC Penny and Macy's. Man they're going to have alot of shit to replace.

20. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

Man, All those stores got their merchandise trashed, That will put a hurt on their profits, And not to mention the E.Coli water that flooded it in the first place.

And I am sure those bunnies are in a better place than a mall pet store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.