This is why you should never use Amazon 2nd hand sellers as your price check

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Kharnal, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a rule I never use Amazon sellers at all. In my experience with them the sellers on Amazon seem to be made largely of people who failed at Ebay and needed somewhere less restrictive to practice their poor service. Almost all of my friends and family who have bought from Amazon sellers have had bad experiences, too.

Amazon itself, however, is highly reliable.

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I've had a few experiences with Amazon marketplace for TF's and they've all been positive. One was even mightymatts, which went through perfectly, before he apparently just stopped actually shipping products.

4. Rewind

News Credits:

That's reassuring. I suppose it's all chance. Like Ebay, I've only had one bad experiece in my 10 years of using them wheras some other people may have had nothing but bad experiences there.

5. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

I was more refering to the guy on Craigslist trying to sell a dark saber for $50.00 using amazon as his reference rather than amazon sellers as a rule.

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Yeah, stuff can be overpriced. I've heard you can get an RiD Scourge for less than 40 bucks in places, but they're always over 70 there.

7. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

i've only had 100% positive experinces using market place seller on amazon, just read all of the sellers feedback and you'll be ok

8. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

amazon is pretty good. I sell things on amazon all the time, mostly because it doesn't charge like ebay and paypal do. and the thing about amazon, is it's easier to get your money back on amazon than ebay. And i've never sold anything on amazon, used or new, that anyone had a problem with in the end.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    What I hate about Amazon is how they kind of meld the community sellers and the Amazon items in with each other. I always have a hard time seeing if if I am buying directly from Amazon, or some "other" person.

Still, the prices are usually way too high to begin with. I like Ebay. I've used it at least a few times a month for the last 10 years or so.

10. Rewind

News Credits:
    Maybe generally, but not as a rule. The bad experiences I've had were from sellers with 100% positive ratings. My one bad experience with ebay was from a 100% member, too.

In any case, buying from an Amazon seller is at least more secure than buying from Craigslist. Those people may actually murder you. :p