This is why sellers wait to leave feedback

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Nightrain, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=tronic2k0

Now, honestly, I'm not stressing over it. With over 500, I can eat the occasional idiotic feedback. It still bothers me that he claims I guaranteed mint packaging. The description says the figure is mint and sealed. That's exactly what he received. Never did I even hint at mint packaging. I never said case fresh, I never said mint on mint card, none of that.

Regardless, I did offer a refund minus shipping. His reply was something like "you would just resell it". He's correct, I would. Isn't it interesting he thinks it's good enough that I could resell it? I offered the refund, and he still left bad feedback over a description I never gave.

Again, I'm not stressing over this, I'm just interested in fellow ebayers thoughts. Btw, the "bag" he describes was a padded envelope. That's how weight and material cost was kept low. Oy! So much for my "leave feedback right away" policy.

2. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

I read your Auction I think MOSC means the whole Item should be mint Too many sellers use this Misb , MIB and MOsc labels when they should really use better terms. Ive bought several Items where people put that Misb label just for it to come out being a figure they Just threw back into an opened Box. Folks When a figure is played with it is no longer mint. They can put Like Mint but not mint. Mosc should mean everything is mint not that the figure itself is just Mint. You don't state the condition of the card. But if the card was messed up you should have listed it as Mint figure sealed on damaged card. i had this same problem a yr ago when i sold a WST (world's smallest Transformer) and the Jerk backed out saying he thought it was the jafcon prime and boy did I hear alot of complaints from this board about my description even though WST and world smallests were in it. And there were PICTURES in my auction. Also your shipping methods sound bad to begin with. Never send an item in a padded envelope unless requested. The mailman tends to bend these things like no tommorrow. So some of his complaints may have been created. Also why is he Unreasonable?!? he did pay you. As for not taking your return well he doesn't have to. Thats not unreasonable thats him deciding to keep the Item damaged. And to be honest i think this Ebay feedback thing is used like a weapon now. You give me good feedback or else! Why should anyone have to wait to get a good feedback rating after they did their part. i think Ebay should altomatically give buyers Positive feed back when they Pay thru Paypal or the seller marks they have paid. i think this way it makes a buyer scared to really speak out about the seller due to the reprcusions afterwards.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    ^ I agree.

MOSC should be just that, undamaged card and all. The guy had a right to complain if the card got all messed up and folded by the post office. If you're gonna ship stuff that IS mint, don't put it in an envelope.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    to me a MOSC means the product is on the card and is mint inside the toys packaging. MOMSC means Mint on MINT Sealed card meand the toy is perfect and the card is perfect.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Using abbreviations like that leads to misery. Write a fuller description and avoid this in future.

While I beleive you meant no ill will by it, you can see how and why people may expect something they aren't getting. Also, pictures speak a thousand words.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, you should have charged the buyer like $5.55 for shipping and handling. Always ship anything mosc by box and use bubble wrap if you can. It's the way to go.

7. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Which is why abbreviations should Just be Left out MOMSC I had never heard that one Until NOW man thats Funny whats Next ITIMOMSCALTTLM
    (I think its Mint on Mint Sealed Card At Least the toy looks Mint)
    Of MFSOMC (mint figure sealed on Mint Card)
    You know now that I think about it MOMSC (Mint on Mint sealed Card) seems like another way to word MOSC
    All in all in the end both folks are SOL (no explantion needed for this one)

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Like Liokaiser said...you should really use boxes to ship. I know it's not your fault if it gets damaged, but the PO doesn't give a crap about protecting it...that's YOUR job.

hopefully you can learn from this. collectors are most often quite picky...If I got a SW fig in a padded envelope, I'd be pissed, too. I don't think I'd leave neg feedback, I would take the refund, but it can all be avoided with two things:

a) Pictures
    b) better packing

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Mint on mint card = common description. Case fresh is also common. Dead mint, mint this, mint that, there are all kinds. MOSC = mint item on sealed card. It's always been like that.

10. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

wow why ask for our opinions if you are just gonna blow them off? MOSC = mint item on sealed card doesn't MOSC mean Mint on Sealed Card?
    I doesn't Imply Mint (subparagraph a Item not card) on sealed card. It means MINT (all Items) on sealed card
    It was a shotty description No Pic and Bad shipping He should have complained

11. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    While seasoned collectors might make those assumptions the same cannot be said for everyone else, unfortunately. When you're selling something you must always be as descriptive as humanly possible; don't leave out any important details.

I'm with TT. While your intentions weren’t ill-mannered, you could have done more to possibly avoid this problem.

Chalk it up as a learning experience.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Jesus, the drama queen stuff isn't necessary. I was just giving my(and many others) assessment of the meaning of MOSC.

On does not mean everything. If I said, you get a mint item inside my truck, do you take that to mean the truck is also mint?

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Totally agree with this! I'm personally inclined to leave NO feedback vs taking the risk of retalitory (sp?) negative feedback.

With regards to your situation, I'll mirror what has already been said:

1. Wording can be misleading (I myself am guilty of this).
    2. Pictures make a big difference if you can see what you are buying.
    3. It may not always be better to skimp on shipping for someone expecting a collector's quality piece. A collector will be more inclined to pay a little more to ensure the toy & package arrives safe and sound. If they don't care, then hell throw it in a padded envelope.

Just my two cents.

14. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

No but if you said your truck was MOSC then yes. But if you did say that then Id expect the Item in the truck to be Mint But hey you are pretty nice if you want to give your truck away. Just for a heads up if you throw a mint figure in a box or truck thats not its packaging. Its packaging is what the figure came in when it was sold at retail.

15. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    MOC - Mint item on card (no matter the state of the card)
    MOSC - Mint item on sealed card (no matter the state of the card)
    MOSMC - Mint item on mint sealed card

MIB - Mint item in mint box (no matter the state of the box)
    MISB - Mint item in sealed box (no matter the state of the box)
    MISMB - Mint item in mint sealed box

Indeed a item cannot be mint if it has been played with, though I think that if a toy has only been used for display (and proper handling by a collector) it could still be mint but should be labeled as being a display item.

iDD

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreeing with Elvin. Just take this as a learning experience and move on.

Personally, would recommend photos where possible. And yeah, MOSC is generally considered "figure and its unopened packaging are both mint" as far as I've heard, and as a seller it's probably best to assume a buyer is thinking along these lines. Just give a more detailed description next time, both of the item and the shipping materials for utmost clarity (dunno if you did do this via email correspondence, so throwing it out here too). Even something simple like "Mint on Worn Card", etc.

Should add, for slight devil's advocacy: When I'm buying, and I see a description that strikes me as vague (eg: the one in question), I make a point of carrying out full and detailed correspondence with the seller to fill in the gaps, -especially- when there's no picture of the real item in question. Were I the sort who was after sealed stuff, and all I saw was MOSC with no image, I'd send an email asking for specifics.

Not saying one was right and the other was wrong, but more that either/both parties could gain experience from this. :D 

17. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

I love mints. Especially those little ones with the chocolate on the outside you sometimes get on the way out of a restaurant. DMISF. Delicious Mint in Sealed Foil.

18. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The last 3 people I bought from have not left me any feedback even though I left them positive’s and e-mailed them letting them know I got the good, was happy and gave them good feedback.

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Yup, I've done that lots of times too. Left them feedback, and they never reciprocated. I even send messages over ebay or emails letting them know I left feedback and was satisfied with the transaction. They either never leave feedback, or they leave it like a month later.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya pretty much ditto on what others have said, although I gotta say this bidder seems to be a bit of a dick if you ask me.

One thing I do when I'm selling TF's or describing packaging of any sort for that matter is I'll usually state it has minor or just general shelve ware or something to this effect. This for the most part covers all basis pretty well on items like this. If it has beat up packaging or the packaging is in unusually mint condition I'll state it, but for the most part I just go with this description.