This is why people hate cops.........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Just saw an update on this story on the news this morning. Sounds like the party was at the home of the girlfriend of the cop. They had a fight, and she kicked him out, and he returned with his gun. 6 dead, and one seriously wounded. Some of the town people that they interviewed described him as a 'terribly jealous boyfriend'.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Nothing, the news nowadays isn't as much about reporting facts as it is about making ratings. Releasing info to bring a victim closer to home will help get that 'oh no, I knew that person/place/thing' etc. I learned more fact about this story from a random poster who lived near the town then the actual article itself, and it's not the first time that's happened.

The news nowadays doesn't actually care about the news unless it can be spun to bring them better ratings. Case in point, see "broken wrist cake girl" or "don't tase me bro guy".

Edit: Also, to me anyway, people hate cops cause it's 'cool' to be anti-establishment and rebel against any kind of authority figure. Nevermind that the average police officer is just a guy(or girl) trying to do his job and that the average law is made to help people. [sarcasm]But rules are meant to be broken and the "man" is always out to get ya [/sarcasm]

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Man... this whole world's gone crazy. What the hell was that police officer's problem? Were the youths even doing anything wrong when he shot them?

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    As far as I know, from the news, he was off duty.

5. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

No. These kids were just hanging out eating pizza and watching a movie. As Tfgraveyard posted, it was a jealous BF situation. The love triangle scenario has been reported, but not yet confirmed. It is confirmed a 14 year old girl was one of the victom. There's an error by FOX on one of the victom, the student's affiliation with the technical school. He was a UW Milwaukee student.

6. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I really feel for the families up there. Looking at the guys age (20), I now realize why departments don't want to hire young guys.

Chances are, because of this incident, I won't get a job on a force until I'm 30. :( 

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

While horrible, I think its the least of the many many reason that people hate cops.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was somewhat relieved when I saw who posted this thread since I was expecting a bloodbath.

As for the story, it is a sad event. But I won't let this sway my opinion of Police in general. It is someone who snapped, he just happened to be an officer, which does make it more shocking considering we expect police to protect and serve.

You still aces in my book Prowl_Delta_31 because of your firm anti-scalper stand. :thumb 

I found it incredibly annoying that for the first 24-48 hours when the Carol Anne Gotbaum story broke they hammered the 'Loving mother of three" aspect in what seemed to be an attempt to sway your feelings into believing the Phoenix Police randomly picked her to torture her and kill her. I am still interested to see what happens when the toxicology reports come back. I feel for her family but what really happened obviously goes deeper than "Mother of 3 dies in police custody"

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People don't hate cops because of this. People hate overreacting jealous irrational dipshits because of this.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

You Lie! Its has to be the number one reaswon people hate cops.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Off-duty or not... police officers ought to know better than to start shooting at people, regardless of the people in question did anything wrong or not.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's like saying garbage men shouldn't throw away the stuff on your lawn, like garden gnomes and your lawnmower.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

That and this is different.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not really, my point is they are both obvious statements that don't need to be said.

Off duty or not, firemen should know not to put out fires that don't exist and turn the firehoses on people for no reason at all.

See what I mean? Some things just go without saying. Not trying to pick on you, it just struck me funny that somebody would take the time to say, bold, and underline something so obvious, like some people may not realize it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  15. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

More proof that Lawmen are just people like us and no more credible/stable than the next man (as courtroom believe otherwise)... I just wanna say that I cant stand lawmen in Houston (and most other place) with a passion... Though I must say Im speaking in VERY general terms... I know a few lawmen personally and must say that some of the ones I know are REALLY great people... (Of Course at the other end of the spectrum, theres this one I know thats totally getting revenge on the WORLD, he was on TV for beating on a grandma once!)... I think alot of the unpleasant police just dont like there job and show it, thats why theyre like that (they became laws for the wrong reason maybe)

While Im bashing the Po Po's let me give MAJOR credit to a Lawman that frequents these Boards... I cant remember his SN at the moment but he's a really good guy, not to mention a model Policeman. He serves and protects rather than enslaves and punish! (lol).

Edit: I found his name: Prowl_Delta_31... Dude, if you see this, you are a real stand up guy. I know that poor boy you posted about a few day ago will never forget the nice policeman he met that day... You are a REAL hero Brother...

Back on the topic, its very sad what happened, wish somehow that this could have been prevented or at least averted... -n

16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

This had nothing to do with the Police.

It was a jealous boyfriend who just happened to work as a cop.

Had he been a gas station attendant the situation would have most likely been exactly the same.

18. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    That is not what Prowl was talking about. You are talking about a race of people, prowl was talking about a career employee who snapped, and lately, much police misconduct (or what seems to be) has been shown on TV. What you are saying is way different, because the variables are limited (black, white, hispanic) as opposed to the variables of career options (which number in the thousands).

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They have no right,to shoot anyone.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The OP of this thread *is* a cop, and is not saying it's ok to hate them but pointing out a reason people stereotype all cops as being bad. Despite the fact that the VAST majority of cops are just people doing a job.

Technically they do, but this is not one of those situations.