This is why I'm not usually a MISB MOSC guy

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I was out again today getting some supplies at Target and wandered to the toy aisle looking for the new 25th Joes. All I want are Beachhead and Serpentor. Well they had Serpentor yet again and he had a crease on his card yet again. I don't plan on opening any of the new Joes and this is getting downright annoying. It was right on the silver "I" but wasn't through the whole card, just the top.

I don't envy anyone who collects MISB and goes through this all the time. How you guys do it, I'll never know.

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Back when I was more in tune with the Star Wars collecting community there was a constantly running thread of paranoia that scalpers would bend cards to devalue whatever they didn't take.

I've never cared personally since I open everything, sometimes before I even get home. Sucks for the MIB/MOSC people though.

3. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I don't. Takes up too much room and completely unnecessary. I have enough stuff in my room.

4. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Where I come from, it's like all the rejects from you guys got tossed to us. :lol 

Ridiculous conditions of the cheaper stuff, and it's not because of scalpers, but regular folks who drop, crease and even try to open the items up.

5. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think that was ever a problem for me when I did a few years getting all MISB stuff at the stores. It's usually towards the end of an item/wave release that you start to see the banged up stuff on the shelves. Either that, or your stores are frequented by heathens!

But possibly my idea of MISB may be more flexible than another's.

It only bothers me when the violent shippers of HTS get a little too excited and something I wanted to keep sealed new looks like it was in someone's pocket while they went jogging at some point. But even that, maybe 1 time out of every ten.

6. defstar

defstar Autobot...

MISB collecting usually requires buying right when the particular line is released...because like what Reeds said...towards the end of the line you get leftovers...

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    MISB only works for boring toys like Hotwheels and Star Wars, where there's no motivation to actually open the package. :lol 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    At least you can find the 25th Anniversary Joes. I'd love to get them but I refuse to pay cretinous import prices on them.

9. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Just Say No To Misb/mosc..........................................

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I just shed a tear.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Vengance is yours, Boardwise. I see what you did there.

12. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

I guess I don't get it...why BUY something and then leave it in the packaging? Unless you're planning on re-selling it, anyway, in which case you've relegated yourself to that of a useless middle man (or scalper?). I mean, why even bother leaving the house? Let those toys out of their plastic prisons and put the packaging where it belongs (i.e.: the trash).

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I always keep the packaging though, as I love the art and design of it. But open your toys FTW.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I have an ass-load of Transformers. 3 of them are in sealed packages because they are duplicates. But if their free range counterparts ever break, you can bet they will be opened.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I can certainly understand keeping the 25th Joes MISB. Seriously, what are we gonna do with them? Its not like most of us actually play with our toys anymore. At least, with Transformers you can transform them once or twice before they become expensive models.

16. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Well Hell! At least you're finding anything past wave 1. I've gotten wave 1, Stalker and Zartan.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can't even find a Serpentor. Will take a buffed card anyday

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

The only 25th Joes I ever see are the 5 packs, which is good because it keeps me from buying them.

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Touche good sir, touche.

Because as stated, the Joes are pretty much collector items and I just want a few of my favorites to hang on the wall. I have Cobra Commander and just want the other 2 for that purpose. I already have the originals open so why open another of the same figure?

20. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

They really aren't the same as the classic figures. The 25th anniversary figures are 1/4" taller, and more articulated. I know some think it's silly for a grown up to play with toys, but I find myself playing with my Joes a lot when sitting at my PC. Lately, I fiddle with them more than I do any of my Transformers.