This is who Soundwave is (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LordScreamer, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:

This.:) 

2. Bottle Fairy

Bottle Fairy TV Tropes addict

ME GUSTA NON-STOP.

That's a brilliant theory you got there! It would make Soundwave all the better! :D 

Sad, but true.

3. LordScreamer

LordScreamer Well-Known Member

@Omegatron and K-username I can't memorize: With the book's contents being in question and the Transformers so-called canon not being together, I'll take it that Exodus is a matter of preference. The relevance of Exodus is clearly not a debate I'm going to be able to resolve. For now, this speculation can only be considered and that is the reason I brought this to TFW.
    What can be agreed on here is that there is some kind of mystery behind Soundwave as to why he is so unnatural.
    I don't expect anyone to believe my "idea", "theory", "story", or "belief". I just thought that since there were so many factors on Soundwave's character in the show that could add up to this speculation, that maybe posting this would be relevant. What can I say? I had to let it out. :p 
    I will continue to retain my belief that Soundwave wasn't a gladiator unless "Prime" can actually show some concrete flashback or something. I look at Soundwave and I don't see "Gladiator" or even "Warrior" for that matter. Instead, I see illustrous doom creeper from hell planning out how he is going to spread universe-wide chaos while keeping a straight face.
    I say Optimus may not know the whole story because him and Megatron differed quite a bit. I doubt Optimus would know that Megatron was going to go and start a widespread war next to an odd Cybertronian with a screen for face and bat-like features because someone didn't get to be a Prime yet the other one did. Optimus couldn't have known much about Megatron's devious nature because when his memories reverted back to Pax days (the time before he was "Primed"), he still saw Megatron as a trustworthy friend.
    Megs would have to be bipolar or something if he was just gonna complete and utterly lose it after he didn't become a Prime. The change in Megatron's attitude must have been gradual. Therefore, Optimus/Orion was left in the dark by some of Megatron's ideals on "justice". Soundwave, on the other hand, probably had the full scoop.

4. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

well exodus is a published matter of preference so i'll go by it,and yes megatrons attitude change was gradual.

5. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    Nice comment there.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Soundwave is Soundwave. He needs no other reason to be, than to be Soundwave.

I, for one, welcome our new Soundwave overlord :D 

7. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    I've always envisioned that Soundwave is symbiotically linked to to the Vehicons and the Nemesis, Controlling the Nemesis by piloting it, controlling all the door locks, the weaponry and the files within it. He also controls the Vehicons and the Insecticons in the sense that they still have personality, but he can override their systems and control them if needed. He is overwhelmed by all that he controls, so he does not speak. He also uses Lazerbeak to do alot of jobs for him, due to Soundwave's overwhelming responsibility.

Just my Opinion.

8. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

Possibly one of the coolest theories concerning Soundwave. Good work! :thumb 

9. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

And there is the possibility Shockwave is involved but mostly keeps himself out of the spotlight

10. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    True or not, it fits this version of Soundwave well.

I think I'll have him as the true Decepticon commander, but Megatron is the motivator and most Powerful force, and is the official "Leader" as such, thus hiding/protecting Soundwave.

11. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Writters are not so clever to think about that. Dont forget, they wrote Bayformers. Nice story, but its only fans wish to make something more than childish toy commercial.

12. LordScreamer

Yeah, this is kinda what I was getting at but more at an "equal partner" level. Only, Megatron doesn't have a failsafe and Soundwave might.
    With this Soundwave being so "hidden" because of his social skills, it leads to reason that his story could expand into something unexpected.

About the writers: I already said the writers haven't been disapointing (for me anyway) but the point that they made the abomination that is ROTF is a good one.
    Which leads me to believe that there might be a pattern here.....
    Soundwave=Fallen?
    Sun Harvester?
    Megatron working with allies?
    Bumblebee inaudibility?
    Arcee having a form of blue?
    Optimus trusting the keys of his return through the hands of a human boy?
    Soundwave having tentacles?
    Drones?
    Kid trying to hold on to his social life?
    ^Other than my speculation on Soundwave and Megatron, this stuff is actually true......

13. Hellbat

Hellbat ヘルバット

That's what I'm thinking.
    Also I remember reading that one of the most common/favorable character interpretation of him is that he's actually the most egoistical Decepticon.
    Being only in it for himself and for no one else, not even his mini-cons/-cassettes.
    e.g Exodus (page 98):[....]Soundwave wanted to be on the right side as it happened.
    He wants to be on the winning side and a "piece of the cake" when Megatron's-side wins and when Megatron doesn't win he's happy to rat him out, against a reparation.

Also he's ,going again after Exodus, one of the few that could beat Megatron in a fight.

14. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

This is brilliant. I love it. It would definitely bring a lot more depth to the show! I'll never see Soundwave in the same light again.

15. LordScreamer

Looked at the "Face to Faceless" thread. The revelation of Soundwave's "possible" face (since this is a comic and may not be canonical) and the way he speaks to Megatron.
    Why does this matter? It matters because Soundwave doesn't formally say Megatron's title. Instead of "Lord Megatron", he just calls him "Megatron".
    If these comics can be counted as canon, add this as evidence to back my predictions on Soundwave.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh huh, that's right. They wrote Bay-Formers. You know what else? They're the producers of TFP, NOT the writers.

Darkness Rising part 1: Duane Capizzi
    Darkness Rising part 2: Nicole Dubuc
    Darkness Rising part 3: Marsha Griffin
    Darkness Rising part 4: Steven Melching
    Darkness Rising part 5: Joseph Kuhr
    Masters and Students: David Slack
    Scraphead: Marsha Griffin
    Con Job: Steven Melching
    Convoy: Joseph Kuhr
    Deus Ex Machina: Nicole Dubuc
    Speed Metal: Dean Stefan
    Predatory: Marsha Griffin
    Sick Mind: Steven Melching
    Out of His Head: Nicole Dubuc
    Shadowzone: Marsha Griffin
    Operation: Breakdown: Steven Melching
    Crisscross: Joseph Kuhr
    Metal Attraction: Nicole Dubuc
    Rock Bottom: Tim Jones
    Partners: Mike Johnson
    T.M.I.: Joseph Kuhr
    Stronger, Faster: Mairghread Scott
    One Shall Fall: Joseph Kuhr & Duane Capizzi
    One Shall Rise part 1: Nicole Dubuc & Duane Capizzi
    One Shall Rise part 2: Marsha Griffin
    One Shall Rise part 3: Steven Melching
    Orion Pax part 1: Nicole Dubuc
    Orion Pax part 2: Mairghread Scott
    Orion Pax part 3: Joseph Kuhr

Wow, look at that. 29 episodes and not one of them was written by teh evil Bayformers writers. Your claim is baseless.

17. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    First sentence: True.

Second sentence:False.

Third sentence: True.....sort of.:) 

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't they write up the outline and brought other writers on board to finish it--these guys are still writing Hollywood movies scripts by the dozen, seems like a great idea to bring others along to help out.

Interviews like the one here and the like show you just how involved and influential these guys were with Transformers Prime.

19. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

well, no wonder the show seems so inconsistent.

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most likely. Every cartoon series does this though, so it's no surprise that they have a whole writing staff. What is unusual, I guess, is that they're acting only as producers instead of taking on some writing duties themselves- aside from outlining the premise of the show. I'm sure they have staff meetings to approve any stories going out the door and to make sure everyone's on the same page. That kind of chief editor stuff.

I'll have to give it a read. I wasn't saying that they're not involved though. It's not like they just threw a bunch of money at the show and told everyone to spend it wisely while they ran off.

And besides that, st. ranger's claim was that since Kurtzman and Orci wrote the TF movies, we shouldn't expect anything good out of TFP. But let's not forget that they also wrote the recent Star Trek movie, and that was pretty dang awesome. :) 
    And on top of that- TF1 was a great, fun little movie. RotF was a bare bones script quickly whipped up right before the writer's strike hit. And they didn't write DotM. So if I were going to use any of their TF movies as an example of their writing, it'd be the first movie, which I enjoy.