This is what I sold my G1's for!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by juise, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To each their own. Some like it, some don't. The thing with muscle cars is that they need to have beefy tires on them. Those tires on 22's are much too thin, making burn-outs into blow-outs - literally. Trust me, I've smoked plenty of cars in my life. Probably more than I want to admit, and to know about tire/wheel sizes with certain cars that goes beyond looks. I've worked at car dealerships and have owned a few powerful cars as well. Had a friend who put thin tires on his 300Z, and he got so many flat tires, blew them out or balded them so much, he downsized. And I've always liked the biggest rims and tires that can be put on the car, provided that the tires conform (match) the curve of the wheel wells, which the 22's don't. The phrase "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" applies here.

That yellow color is wicked, though. Is that a factory color, or a custom job? If they make a convertible in that color, I'll wet myself and buy one. I want a Shaker hood, dammit! Are you listening Chrysler?!?!

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Those big wheels are what sets the car off!

If 22s & 24s look so bad on everything, why are they on so many cars/trucks?

People customize their rides to make them look different, not everybody shares your view of what a Challenger/muscle car is "supposed" to look like.

Just because you don't like another persons custom car, doesn't mean you should talk down on it. But it's all good, keep riding them factory baby wheels. Ask any girl, size does matter.

Exactly, somebody might not like the way a car looks, but that doesn't mean they should talk down on somebody else's car.

Not everybody who has a muscle car burns their tires out. Some people have 2 sets of wheels/tires, a driving set and a racing set. I think those 22s are perfectly tucked under the wheel wells? I think the phrase "Men do what they want, boys do what they can" applies to this custom.

That yellow color is called "Lamborghini Pearl Orange". It's a custom paint job. And yes, wicked describes it perfectly! Not sure if you noticed, but in case you didn't, this car has a functional Shaker Hood scoop.

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome car man. They have one just like that at a dealership near me. Too bad we're not in the market for a new car.

4. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Chrysler NEEDS to offer that color, along with the bright day-glo green. I did notice the hood scoop, but wasn't sure it was a true shaker. The original Challenger's and 'Cuda's had a variety of hood scoop options, but the Shaker was always my favorite.

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Paint is nice, we've done something similar in my uncle's shop on cars for a few customers.

The tires are another story. Horrible. Thankfully, at least in my area, it does appear to be a dying fad. Demands really gone down, enough that we only special order them now, instead of keeping some in stock.

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

This custom car was designed and built to encourage Chrysler Corp to bring back the ‘Cuda model.

Here's that scoop:
    [​IMG]

The paint is Bad Ass!

The wheels are the icing on the cake. Glad I don't live where you do.

7. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

In my opinion it's not so much a "looks" problem as it is a "performance" problem.
    putting humongous wheels on a car like that increases unsprung weight, sacrifices ride quality, and compromises handling and acceleration.
    On a car like the challenger, I wouldn't put anything bigger than a 19 on it. 22 to 24 is entering donk territory.
    wheels that big are fine on trucks though.

8. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pic.

I spoke with a Chrysler rep about bringing back the Barracuda under the Chrysler badge since Plymouth has been dissolved. I tried getting something out of her, but they're pretty tight lipped about the 'Cuda. What he did say was they were looking into it, and that it depends on the success of the Challenger. I'm hoping for it to be made. I always liked the '71's 4 slot port-holes on the front fenders and the slotted grille with double headlights on each end more than the Challenger's simpler look. Not that the look is bad or anything. I would love to have a Challenger either way. It would not take much to make a 'Cuda since all you would need are slightly different front fenders, grille, and tail lights. Both models can share hood style options. Hopefully, Chrysler has seen that yellow car either in person or in pictures, and would encourage them to make one like it.

9. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Hmmmm, from this article:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily...chan=top+news_top+news+index+-+temp_top+story

It seems Chrysler is definitely filing for bankruptcy and going to get liquidated except for a few profitable brands like the Jeep brand and its minivans. Maybe you might want to check out that law that you can get parts for a car for at least 10 years?

I saw that the Challenger can go 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds. The Tesla S can go 0 t0 60 in 3.6 and the new Tesla S sedan can go 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds. And they're all electric. Guess we're gonna see a new breed of gearheads. Maybe thats a good thing?

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Is that A fully functional gas dispenser thing?

11. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

While it may be good for you, I have this weird attachment to most of my possessions and I'd never be able to do it. xD

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice car. My dad almost bought one but he loves his Jeep more and decided not to. He was on the initial special edition list and got called but passed. I almost killed him because I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Until I got in the thing at the dealership the other day. It was nice but honestly just to big of a car for me. I'm the small sporty car type. This just seemed like a boat, a really really cool and powerful land boat, but a boat.

But seriously, a cool car. Now get some damned stripes on there.

13. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

that's the beauty of fully electric cars. INSTANT torque.

at autocross last sunday here in iowa there was a fully electric fiero. ran some shitty times, but it was damn cool nontheless. it was a highschool techshop project too. I'd say we're definitely entering that territory.

14. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Buy American! Help the economy out! :D 

That looks just like one that I've seen around locally alot.

15. newguy

newguy i

You make me laugh.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Now if only they could go more than 300 miles and you wouldn't have to someday buy an entirely new battery.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh you cheeky sunuva...love that car! Doubt I would ever buy one myself but it's totally sweet!

18. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Challenger... I WANT IT