This is rediculous:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

That sucks. Well it is a woman's world when it comes to sex so get it in writting before you get to the sliding.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    "Until 1998, oral sex between husband and wife was illegal, punishable by up to 20 years in prison."
    :stick: 

Yipes, just yipes...

4. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Christ, thats just ridiculous. But who the heck gave the video to Primetime?...

5. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I don't see what's so ridiculous.
    He obviously took advantage of the drunk girl, maybe it wasn't rape but that doesn't make it right. As for the fifteen year old girl, two years isn't much of a difference when your an adult but as the article stated the age of consent is sixteen. He's busy gibbering on about "what's wrong is wrong", well guess what kid, what you did was wrong and you need to accept the consequences.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Do you really mature THAT much between 15 and 16? I really doubt it.

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

As far as I'm concerned, everyone present at that party was fucking stupid. In what way was any of that a good idea? Fun, maybe, but really dumb. As for who should get charged with what, I don't really know or particularly care. It sounds a lot more like regret than rape, but the guy doesn't seem like he's worth my worrying about it.

On second thought, how were there no adults around? Who got the kids the liquor and gave them a place for this to happen? Let's see some of them get charged too.

8. Spartan-117

Maturity isn't the issue. The law states that the age of consent is sixteen, he broke that law knowingly and as such must accept the consequences. The law doesn't stop being the law just because you don't agree with it and can't control your boner.
    Incidently people can mature a hell of a lot in a year.

9. Dark_Convoy

I’m talking about the sentence for the thing with the 15 year old girl, he was found not guilty in the rape charges for the girl his age.

If this is the case, I (and most of my friends) should have been put in jail too, because when I was 17 there were plenty of 15 year old girls around who were 'raring to go. I never initiated things they just “did it”, and hell you really can't tell the difference between a 15 and a 16 year old girl, and the thing is when your a horny 17 year old boy you are not going to stop and ask a girl how old she is (unless she looks really young) when she decides to "head south".

This guy’s entire life has been ruined, and he is now a registered sex offender. I REALLY don’t think he disserves that. Think about what you were like at 17.

10. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Yeah that's crazy. Hope the appeal works out.

11. Spartan-117

Seventeen was two years ago for me and I remember quite clearly the contempt I had for idiots who "shot first and asked questions later" as it where.
    Yeah the sentence is harsh, however he was still stupid enough to break the law and he needs to face the music.
    Being an idiot shouldn't be a a get out of jail free card for resposibility. What if the girl he had sex with got pregnant or STDs where passed around? Would he get to just laugh it off because he was horny? I doubt it.

12. Dark_Convoy

The sentence is WAY harsh, especially since this girl was running around blowing everyone at the party.

AND - Yeah I got someone pregnant when I was 19, guess what, I'm still married to her (I'm 31) but I can still get a job, I can still vote, I can still live within 200 yards of a school or daycare center and my name is not on the list of nationally registered sex offenders, nor do I have my picture on the website listing sex offenders, this guy is FUCKED for the rest of his life, he has gotten the same kind of charge that someone would for having sex with a 10 year old girl. He is now a registered felon and child molester.

If he caught a disease or got someone pregnant his entire life would NOT be ruined as it is now.

There is a huge difference.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I think its self evident that age of consent laws are more about the right to consent then the ability to consent. If that makes any sense.

14. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

He put himself in a position he shouldn't of been in. He got busted, and as archaic as the law might be, it's still the law.

15. Dark_Convoy

So, if this guy was your son would you feel the same way?

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I didn't get laid til 23...my teenage years were ruined by living with a insufferable aunt who won't let us go out for anything. :thumbdown 

But yeah I see where you are coming from. There are lots of underage hanky-panky going on and it's possible that the girl consented for sex with or without alcohol. They are really making a big deal out of a non issue imo.

17. Jux

Ask the girl's mom if it's a non-issue.

18. Dark_Convoy

The girl said she was sober.

And I still want to ask for those that feel he got what he deserved, if it was your son, would you feel the same way?

I mean it would have been different had he forced her to do it, or she had been drunk, but she wasn't and he didn't.

I really feel sorry for the guy, I mean, if this happened to one of my sons I sure as hell wouldn't sit there and go "Oh well, the law is the law, see you in ten years."

Where was this girl's mom when she was at a party giving every guy there a blow job when she was completely sober and knew full well what she was doing.

19. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

According to that particular state law, there is no difference between a 15 year old and 10 year old girl.

While I am sympathetic to this young man's plight, it's a shame his common sense didn't kick in and clue him in to the fact he should never have been at that kind of party to begin with or engage in the behavior he participated in.

20. Jux

If I raise my kid to be smart enough to, as the article states, "beat the odds" and be a sports star and have offers to go to college, then he's sure going to be smart enough to realize that the age of consent is non-negotiable, regardless of how absurd the penalty might be.