this is probably an old question but.. .

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tycondrius, Aug 2, 2011.

1. tycondrius

tycondrius Member

hey all first time poster here and I got a TF question. I bought a HA sideswipe off Ebay and I'm kinda thinking its a bootleg version. I know KOTOY had an artical on HA sideswipe KO's but the ones they mentioned were all different colours not the silver.

this one how ever is silver and why I think its a KO is the joints on the arms are quite loose on the shoulder,elbow and the wrist ( i know the wrists are designed to rotate but these just flop) another thing is the Epps figure he's joints are super tight and he looks deformed (not the most of the HU humans don't look like that ) and the plastic used for him and SS seems very cheap

the only other HA figure I have is DOTM Roadbuster and he feels very solid compared to this guy.

anyone one have any advice or own a HA SS so I can compare notes so to speak ?

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    My ss has nice smooth joints but on the other hand epps looked deformed anyways

3. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pics might help a lot.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
  5. tycondrius

tycondrius Member

ah I see one other thing I forgot to mention is SS eyes meant to be painted or are they meant to be piped blue ? the one I have is a really bright blue eyes (i was watching peaugh's review for him and his one seems to have dark blue but that could just be the camera lighting)

6. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Painted

7. tycondrius

tycondrius Member

cheers well looking at that review the eyes like quite bright blue. I could be just over thinking it. then again it woulda been made 09 so spent two years ina box and since silver plastic isn't usually strong it may of weakened over time

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Probably a victim of the bad quality control present in 2008 and 2009. If you ever get into the Iron Man 2 line, you'll see a LOT more than loose joints.

9. tycondrius

tycondrius Member

I'm thinking you may be right. is there a big difference between the plastics used on the ROTF HA compared to that of the DOTM ones? I only have roadbuster as a comparison and I found him to be more solidly built and sturdy or is it just because of who he is ?

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    :useless 

11. tycondrius

tycondrius Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is the eeps that came with I didn't know he was meant to have waist swivel as sgt recon doesn't
    [​IMG]

12. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Looks legit. The older original HA figs were slightly better because they were bigger. As for the platic... well, a lot of the ROTF figs had somewhat brittle-feeling plastic, it makes me afraid to transform Sideswipe or Sideways to this day because it doesn't feel as solid as anything from Animated or the first movie did.

13. tycondrius

tycondrius Member

yeah i know what you mean . I just snagged a DOTM Space-case I love the figure but the semi-transparent plastic they used on him and all the others of that wave seem very flimsy. Arcee looked the worst out the lot