This is kinda weird....

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ruination04, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I once read in a wrestling book (maybe it was Mick Foley??) that back in the days of WCW, figures of younger stars like Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit actually rung up as Sting & Huk Hogan in stores computers. This made it look like Hogan sold more merchandise and got the lion's share of the profits.

Anyhow, I was at Wal-Mart the other day and I was watching the cashier ring up the person in front of me. Being nosey loke I am, I noticed that the cashier picked up a Bratz doll and when she scanned it, it rung up as a Barbie doll. Just thought it was odd.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That is odd. Wish I could buy a 50$ TF that rang up as a Pepsi

3. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Heh. Fo' shizzle. But only if it's actually computer error like Target's back when Titaniums came out. If it's simple human error, then no. Guilt would get the best of me.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    One time I had a single bottle of soda ring up as a six pack. I was all like “Um… I don’t think that soda is $5.48” and she was like “Well that’s what it rang up as.” And then I was all like “Then I don’t want it.”

5. TSFC

TSFC Banned

o_O 

6. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i've had that happen a few times, but the clerks have always agreed with me, and it's usually a simple error like something ringing up as 10x instead of 1x.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Reminds me of when I got E-Galvatron for $10 at walmart cause leaders weren't in their system.

8. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    In regard to the guilt comment, I used to be that way. I'd correct or point out the errors that were in my favor, just trying to be a nice guy. You know, after being scolded, given dirty looks, and whatever else those ignorant people do when you point out a mistake on their part, F**K 'EM! I'm sick and tired of being treated badly and looked down on because I'm trying to help them. I had a car hop at Sonic get pissed at me because she gave me a $20 when it should have just been a $10. She stupid girl got pissed because I didn't want to take away from HER tip money. WTF??? The hell with 'em. I'm to the point that if it's in my favor, they should have been smarter. It all comes down to the dumbening that our society is doing to us. We don't need to think anymore, the government will do it for us.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thing about this is, it's not affecting the price, it's just giving a false impression of what is selling and what isn't selling.....