this is getting lame

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jazzmasta32, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

i joined tfw2005 today to talk about transformers the live action movie. Every discussion that has started has turned into a flame war or is completely pointless (like this) i would like to have a decent conversation and notjust quit in the middle of one because people make it their responsibility to start fights and end threads. the point of this is to say PLZ STOP FLAMING AND MOVE ON!!!

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sorry, dude. It's the internets, and it's gonna happen. Best bet is to beef up your Ignore list or just read posts selectively. Or talk with people in the real world about it.

3. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Thats why most people dont go into the movie thread. You can really enjoy the place if you go to the other threads. I bet you'll get a kick out of the comics especially.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Most of my ignore list has been affected by threads about the movie, and people flaming/ranting endlessley. If I may, I would suggest going to the Customs forum too, there's some pretty cool stuff in there, but withought all the bitching of the Movie forum, lol.

5. jazzmasta32

ok thnx for the advice, but id really like to talk to some people about the movie, i mean, that is why i joined

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, I'll chat with you for a little bit. Anything specific about the movie that you want to talk about? On a side note, and completely off topic, I live in Ohio too.

7. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

The ignore list is your friend. Mine's getting pretty full, I hope there isn't a limit.

8. jazzmasta32

no thanx i g2g soon but hey i mite see u at the masidonia theatre [sp?] se ya

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, am I the only one that's confused? You post a thread complaining that people aren't talking about the movie, inteligently that is, and when you find someone that is willing to talk to you about it, you leave? Also, we won't see each other at the masidonia theater, as I have no idea where that is, lol (nor do I know what you mean by sp, lol).

Edit: Sorry if that comes off as rood, I've had a really long week, and I haven't had a good nights sleep in, well, for as long as I can remember, lol.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I noticed that too, the boards aren't as fun anymore. Ah the good 'ol days.

But, there's other forums to go to, toyark, C/K, General...:thumb 

11. jazzmasta32

what i meant is that people should start posting better topics and not start flame wars, i didnt mean to start a conversation (Im not very good at that) srry if i mislead u

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, that makes sense. Like I said, it's been a long, long week for me, lol.

13. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

"Getting" lame?
    I think it "got" lame ages ago and is just whizzing round in the same circle of 'lamery'.
    It's a complete lapse of reason that made me quit three other forums. I'll be damned if it drags this one down too.

14. jazzmasta32

riiiiiight

wow this is the only thread that ive made that people dont just say"hey this has been established....fuck you" :horse: 

15. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

OMG! You're beating a dead horse again! THIS HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED!!! @!*(#&#@*(&@#!!!!

couldn't help it, just kiddin :)  Anybody with the name Jazz is already cool with me. Word to the wise just try and not take the hatred here personally. You'll quickly learn who who to be cool with and who to avoid :) 

16. redsquadron

I... was... agreeing......
    I must be getting old - I can longer discern dissention from agreement.

17. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

... and that anyone who is trying to convince you that Mike Bay is raping their childhood or that they aren't going to see the film is so full of shite that they're brown.

That's why we've got the ignore list. :) 

And redsquadron... I read that wrong at first, too... I think he is agreeing with you.

18. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Are you from the past, or the future!? I can't tell but you definitely arent from my time

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Jazzmasta, just so you know - any time you start a thread, you are going to have a certain percentage of folks who want to sound snotty, pretentious or full of themselves by saying stuff like "Uh, whatever...we've already heard this, you're behind the times, way to be late," or etc. It's rude, yeah, but some people really think it's entertaining.

You've got to take that type of garbage with a grain of salt and move on. Like other folks have been saying, there are plenty of other forums on this board that are a lot of fun. If the movie forum itself is bothering you - and believe me, I can totally understand why it'd be bothering you - scroll to the top of the TFW forums and check out "Transformers General Discussion." It's a bit more free-for-all, and there's some movie discussion going on there.

Don't be phased by the know-it-alls or the rude folks, though. Unfortunately, some of them come out of the woodwork to go after people who are relatively new.

Most of all, have fun!

20. redsquadron

Hang on... This thread is about how lame it is for virtually every TF Movie discussion to degenerate into flame wars, not about the movie itself.
    I replied in agreement, adding that it's been that way for a while.

Conclusion:
    I'm one of several people who are "snotty, pretentious or full of themselves"? Guess this is going the same way as those other forums I quit...

Try and say the right thing and get ridiculed. Try and accomaodate both views and get painted as a villain.
    Who gives a toss anymore?