This is for the scalpers!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by siekone, Apr 25, 2008.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    You know who I am I am the one who told you to piss off and did not spend a dime of my money with you guys! There is a time to make a little extra cash for helping someone out and there is no sense in charging double for a toy that you bought multiples of and played it of with the I need to make my gas money excuse! Well F you! I wasted my gas trying to find the toys you went and bought so whatever, I did have some fellow fans help me out with some stuff but if anybody here has a bulk head for a good deal my 7 year old son would like that to complete his collection. Thanks. and just remember I nor my friends will never purchase any thing again from you and you know who I am talking to!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    ...care to elaborate? Did something happen at Botcon?

3. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

I assume you're talking about Animated figures and people charging double what they paid for in the stores. I get that people spent their time going to stores looking for these figures and I'm willing to compensate about $5 above cost for it. I think anything beyond that isn't worth it at this point because these figures will be available in mass market retail in about 2 months.

Some prices for Animated in the Dealers room was crazy as well. Someone was trying to sell a $20 Megs for $50!

4. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

I'm SO glad Deejay hooked me up a week ago before the plague descended on Cincinnati. I knew this was going to happen.

5. Uncrazimatic

Uncrazimatic Uncrazimatic Bore

big ups to deejay! he hooked me up also.. picked up the toys at the convention.

6. optimusprimadana

optimusprimadana Well-Known Member

Here we go again with cry babies. MISB Alt Rodimus cost $25 and all those I saw in the dealer room was at least $75 including the TFW booth. Now I'm not knocking them but you purchase if you want. If people don't want to purchase then they don't but how is that your concern? Don't interfere in others sale. Were you bold enough to sell it the supposed scalper? I bet you were not!

You purchase the item for $10 + TAX. You take your time and use your gas driving to find the figures and then you provide a service for others. Without the so called scalpers, a lot of fans wouldn't have exclusives.

7. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey i just got a animated bulkhead at wal marts off of ferguson its about 15 to 20 mins from here and they had 3 or 4 left then they had a couple at toys r us off of glen hill ave. sorry i didnt read this untill now or i would of picked one up for you.

8. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Whatever ! without the so called scalpers I would have found them when I went and looked for them. Plus these jerk offs were charging double, so yeah if that qualifies me as a cry baby then grab a cup because I am balling my eyes out!

9. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Im here with no car, so I cant leave the convention to go hunting. But I pretty much expected that even if i did have the means to go hunting for the toys here it would be an aggravating experience. I preordered the toys from HTS and got them for less than I would at retail, so as tempting as it is seeing them on sale in the dealer room, and people playing with them around every corner, i'm ok waiting for the delivery from HTS.

That being said...i agree that it is a little annoying that people would clean out these stores and sell them for more than double what was paid minutes ago. On the other hand everyone really should have expected this to be the case walking into the con.

10. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Fixed!

11. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    the only reason these sclaper get away with this is because we let them I mean I wonder how much Animated stuff would be on sale Sunday if everyone just left it alone. No one to blame but yourselves people I can understand the Ehobby Omega getting scalped that was a gimme from the moment it hit the front page .... but Animated come on.

I'm not totally mad at them though thanks to the scalpers and the people that can't wait a couple months buying out all the stock in these TEST markets so quickly retailers will probably flood the selves once the release date hits.

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Hasbro or the club store should have had animated for sale. i dont mind paying a couple extra dollars but double the price??? piss off.

as for scalping the exclusives. i saw someone yesterday in line pick up 16 box sets. 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how the fuck do you reserve 16 box sets???

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Siekone, I put up my bulkhead for $22 on the boards two days ago and no one's contacted me yet. I've PM'ed you my information.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I hope you get one Seikone, the dealer room this year is ridiculous for overpriced stuff. I've seen Premium Movie Leaders for $75. Ludicrous.

15. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is ridiculous. Especially these sets are going for an insane amount on Ebay. I am surprised he didn't get "scalped" by the attendees at Botcon - how do you walk away with 16 boxed sets and nobody says anything or the convention workers don't say anything? That is what sucks.

I don't have a problem with people hooking each other up and charging extra for their effort - Chris and others on here have taken care of me. But I do think to just clean out stores and then turn around in a days time and sell them for double or triple the cost is really stupid, and I think Hasbro should take hard look at the dealer's room and penalize anyone who is marking up current run lines by more than a reasonable, set price. I can see markups on discontinued line, but these dealers suck and are getting out of hand.

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got Prowl and Lockdown for $15 and $16 respectively, I seriously lucked out (that's basically my retail price). Almost all the other deluxes I saw on Friday were 20 or 25 bucks. :( 

17. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    again if Hasbro or the Club store was offering animated and premiums instead of the god awful ammount of shelf warmers that they seem to have enough of. these scalpers wouldnt be getting away with these out of hand prices.

18. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Scalpers should be banned from the community and botcon. We are here and at Botcon for our love for the Transformers, not Lazy-Unfair captialism. (I know how it it spelled, but its how I feel when people greed interferes with the Laissez-Faire). Scalpers don't work hard to get the items than a buyer. But if you keep inflating the market. You will kill (the demand for) it.

19. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    You sure the guy didn't work for a shop, as dealers can normal buy a boxset of boxsets at the conventions.

20. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This year? I thought every year the dealer room was overpriced!!

I kinda thought last year stuff would be more expensive than normal thanks to the movie and the interest it drummed up, but then again I'm not surprised to hear prices are still high.

Makes me wonder how some people are able to afford this hobby w/ the escalating secondary market prices and the way the economy is.