This is driving me insane and I need help.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Okay, I got FOC Shockwave on the 12th of this month, and I've had this problem since then.
    At first I could remedy it by holding down the panel and then it would stay for quite a while. Usually until I transformed him.
    But it's escalated. It pops out immediately no matter what I do unless I just hold it there. You're probably wondering what this is all about. This is his right leg:

[​IMG]
    And THIS is his LEFT leg...
    [​IMG]

That tab will NOT STAY IN. NO MATTER WHAT I DO.
    Is there ANY way I can fix this!? Every time I bend his knee that panel is left behind, and it's RUINING THE WHOLE FREAKING FIGURE for me.

2. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

You could put some tape on the tab so the connection will be tigher, or you could return schockwave, or even give him away and buy a new one.

3. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is the hinge tweaked?

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have the same issue. I think it's something with the mold.

5. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Mine tabs in fine, but I'm only one data point.
    Might be a manufacturing defect, as KingStyle said. I can't tell from the pic, but is the plastic on the tab or the leg warped? Is the hinge misaligned? In alt mode, does the tab go in the hole in his waist, or does that also not work? If it does, then adjusting the tab for robot mode might end up messing up the fit in alt mode.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You might want to try some floor polish to thicken the tab. Other than that I'd say don't let it bug you. Mine does something similar and I still love him.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Agree, I mean it really is fine, and adds that little extra bulk he needs.

8. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    It does go in place in altmode, although it isn't particularly a snug fit. It's pretty loose, but it doesn't flop around.
    I've tried pulling downward on the panel and it does nothing.
    Every time I push it in there's a little bit of soft mesh remaining as if it's scraping the hole or the tab apart.

Except it's asymmetrical, and the panel is left behind entirely whenever I bend his knees.

I hate adding ugly inefficient thing to fix problems and I ordered it online and have never returned anything so I have no experience. Plus it came in a three pack with Optimus and Jazz.

9. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I dunno what to tell you dude, but I had a kinda similar problem with my FE Bulkhead that I got about a week ago and I just clipped the tabs. Now the problem's gone, but there's no tabs, so it's a bit of yin and yang.

10. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm guessing it's the mold, and people will have problems with Robot mode, or Alt mode.

My Robot mode is fine, but in Alt mode, (when the fins are reversed) they will not peg into place. They are super close to where they need to be, but won't go in. I press them in, but they won't stay. So I'm guessing that if they were fine in Alt mode, then in Robot mode they would have a somewhat similar problem to what you're dealing with.

Shame too, since this figure is awesome. :(  That's what happens when you shrink figures down, or use cheaper plastic I guess.

11. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Hmm...sounds like a slight error in the knee joint; that joint on mine is the tightest one on the whole toy, so if yours is just sliding away when the leg moves, that seems abnormal.
    I figure you have a few options. If the misalignment is as slight as it seems in the pictures, you could carefully file down the tab until it fits into the slot; since the slot's purpose is to restrict angular movement, not radial movement, this shouldn't affect any other aspect of transformation or posing.
    If that doesn't work (or if I'm misinterpreting the pictures and the problem is more severe), you can probably exchange it without too much hassle.

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Thanks for your help, I might try filing it down. I'm not sure what you mean by severe, but as I've said, it un-tabs as soon as I take off pressure.

13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I wish I could help but I can only diagnose the problem if I play with it myself.

To me, it sounds like either the tab isn't thick enough to get a tight fit, or that the tab might be too thick at some point and isn't allowing for a secure fit. For the former, super glue/nail polish can help that, while for the latter, file a little, test it, and file more if needed will do the trick.