This is AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, today one of my middle school students brought mighty muggs optimus prime with him to class...the figure is totally sweet...i kinda wanna steal it, but that'd be bad and stuff...oh well...still, i think he's gonna pass my class with an A+ now...

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is either a brave or stupid thing to do.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I was under the impression it was pretty bad to be tempted to steal it, until I realized you are his TEACHER. Now I think it's HORRIBLE!! :lol  (do it.)

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah...it'd be awesome...but i really probably shouldnt...but its definitely made me want to go buy one now...

5. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I had teacher taking stuff away from me pretending they were consfiscating it...
    you should try that :p 

6. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    go pick one up dude.. i would be pissed if someone stole my Mighty Mugg Prime.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

That's funny. I've got a friend who's a teacher and 'confiscated' a kid's iPod. Never gave it back to him... told him that someone stole it from his drawer between classes. When I told him what an arse he was being about it... he commented that the kid will think twice now about bringing expensive items like that to school with him.

:lol 

8. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thats funny, not very autobot like though.:wink: 

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I am just not that crazy about the Mighty Muggs just dont see the value in them

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, I'm not a big fan of them either, but my daughter (whom loves Transformers as much as I do) saw both Prime and BB at TRU and asked for them. She plays with them with her larger My Little Ponies... it's actually kind of funny.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I really just want one for my desk. I think they're just crazy crap to showcase a love of Transformers :D 

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing the humor here.

13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, it's not really all that funny. I didn't think it was then and I really don't now. I laugh because sometimes the antics of people are just so 'WTF' that there's nothing else better to do.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I'm jealous. My girlfriend 's (soon to be wife) daughter has no interest in TFs whatsoever. She LOVES My Little Pony's "ponyville" line. Although I can't complain, at least A) its in the Hasbro family and B) she likes video games like Shadow Of The Colossus. Which she plays over, and over and over and over again because she gets to ride on a horse.

Anyway, back on topic, mighty muggs are doofy looking, but I will grab Grimlock to add to my Grimmy collection. He is, afterall, badass.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'm not finding it even remotely funny. My Social Studies teacher confiscated my Game Boy and said it went missing, but if it hadn't he was going to teach me a lesson anyway, by selling it. (Here's the thing... it was a Friday, everyone was watching a movie, other kids were goofing around with those Tiger handheld lcd games (making noises mind you) and he decided to single me out because mine was the most expensive.)

Long story short:

My Dad sees the Principal in person, explains the whole situation, she says it's my fault, he threatens to call the Police. (She becomes flexible at this point.)

We all walk down to the classroom, and the teacher's running his normal daily detention, and the son of a bitch is actually sitting there, playing MY Game Boy. My Dad storms in and says "Give it to me now, or I'll call the Police for theft. And you can't believe what the cops would do to you for stealing from a kid. Do you want to test me on that or will you just give it back peacefully?"

The teacher made a bit of a ruckus and went off on my Dad, which then became a slight shoving match. My Dad ended up getting the Game Boy back because the principal intervened and said the Police visit wasn't worth the trouble, and wrote me and the teacher up. (Back then, I didn't know you could write up a teacher, now I know it went on his permanent work record as theft.)

I of course never took an electronic device back to school (just wasn't worth it) and my Mom went to the next school board meeting and reported what he did. Come to find out he had stolen electronics ranging into the $500.00+ range. The school board fired him and as soon as he walked out of the building, the Police arrested him and he ended up doing six months.

So yeah, I fail to find the humor in that, especially when an iPod is so expensive, and can be personalized for that person, making it pretty much priceless to them, not to mention the music on there is worth money as well.

What a fucking fuckface bastard piece of shit. Next time your teacher buddy decides to laugh at something like that....sucker punch him in the kidneys and laugh at that.

It's a parent's job to decide whether or not the kid should bring something that expensive to school, it's not his place to steal from a kid.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    wow...guys, i was kidding when i said i'd steal it...

and as for electronics, they are banned from our school, no cell phones, no iPods, but that doesnt mean that everyone doesnt have them.

in fact, we're trying to find ways to incorporate them into the learning process...some kids need a distraction of music to get their work done...i sure as hell did, and still do. it drowns out the ambient noise of a classroom...so i let my kids use them...

but not their psp's or phones...those i'll ask once to be put away...if they bring them out again, i may take them, but i try to never do that, for the exact reason you pointed out above. taking a kids psp is not worth me losing my job over...so, if need be, i'll just write a referral or call the kids parent...sometimes problem solved, sometimes not, since parents sometimes just thing of us as baby sitters anyway...

but yeah, i can't imagine arguing with a parent over it. if a kids parent came to me to pickup their iPod or whatever, i'd explain the situation, and hand it to them, no problem...certainly wouldnt get in a shoving match with a parent...that's just asking for trouble...

17. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Thank goodness. Some people actually would think that's funny. I'm glad you're not one of them.

18. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I had one teacher confiscate my "Penthouse" mag in jr high... also had a teach confiscate "Garbage Pail Kids" cards in 3rd grade...