This is ALOT more work than I thought

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm in the process of gathering up all my TFs that I'm gonna sell. I'm digging out thier instructions and making sure they have all thier missles and such. It's alot of work and it's gonna take more time than I thought.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yea, I was thinking about doing the same thing but the thought of all that work exhausted me. My hat is off to you.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yup. Tell me about it. I made the decision to sell off pretty nearly 75% of my TFs a long while ago... but I keep putting off actually doing it for that exact reason.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

It's a lot easier to do all this when you have a much smaller collection in the first place, and have everything organized already - like I do! :)  I didn't go so far as to back every individual TF with its parts and instructions, but close enough.

5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, good luck with that and keep me in mind (still) for arthropod TFs (especially Insecticons)!

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its like moving. moving sucks.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I just spent a good 4-5 hours cleaning out my closet and putting aside all the TFs and toys I want to get rid of and price them. It's a lot of work but I felt it has to be done. Unfortunately I am selling a lot of Armada and Energon stuff which aren't getting any attention right now. I might have to take it to Ebay and sell some of them as lots.

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just opened a drawer full of instructions and gave up looking for the one I wanted. I guess selling or not selling, being organized helps...

As for weapons and missiles and small parts I can't recognize them at all. I'm lucky my son's very good at it. I show him a missile/parts and he can tell me who it belongs to. Wish he shows the same enthusiasm for correct spelling :lol 

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm facing the same problem too...some of the stuff I'm selling besides TFs such as SIC, ML are either missing their instructions or missing parts. Bummer.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I had all my instructions and small parts in one box. I decided that instead of grabbing a TF and then looking for the instructions, I should grab the instructions and then look for the TF. Much easier this way. Also, most of my TFs are displayed with thier parts. It's just extra missles, cyber keys, energon stars, etc.. that are all just in a pile or in the box of instructions. Gotta match all those up as well.

If only I could remember what color energon stars each TF came with...

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The couple times I've sold stuff has made me regret keeping instructions. Even grouping them by faction, it's still a bitch to find the right one.

12. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I'm glad that I bought a lot of ziplock bags and was keeping extra missles, instructions, etc... together, then labeling the ziplock bag (series and name)... I also had a database with how much I paid for stuff, so I knew how much the total purchase was for any item.

I had a lot of time at work. :)