This game just hates me

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sso02V, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I want to love this game, I really do. The look is cool, the controls (with the exception of the melee attack button location) are fun, and of course, it's Transformers. The problem is that my copy seems to have made it its life goal to ruin my gameplaying experience forever. I can never get into a good match for more than a couple of minutes before the connection times out, or the host quits. When I don't get into a good match, I jump into a 5-on-1 slaughterfest (Hint: I'm the 1) that of course runs for the full length of the match.

I've never had any kind of connectivity problem with any other games, otherwise I'd just chalk it up to my connection sucking. If this wasn't a Transformers game I probably would've traded it in by now.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Guessing you're just retooting the Connection horn out of fustration from it.

Still don't have NEARLY as many problems connecting to games as most people here apparently seem to. Haven't when it came out, still don't now.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I just figured that after almost six months, whatever problems that there were would've been worked out. I realize that some people have had absolutely no problem with the game connection-wise, etc. That's why I didn't go throwing blame at anything but my own copy of the game, since that's all I have personal knowledge of.

It's just intensely aggravating to wait for a game to come out, go out of the way to get it ASAP, and not be able to play it for longer than five minutes without it just completely falling apart. It's like having a Christmas present that you can unwrap, look at, but never actually open up and enjoy to its full extent.

Just speaking out of hurt, I guess.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I sincerely hope that WFC2 fixes the connection issues people have had with it. Even though I never had any problems with it others obviously did. So what ever is the culprit I hope they fix it.

High Moon claimed to listen to fans and this has been one of the top complaints second only to more color choices I believe.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    If there was something they could have done, I'm sure they would have already done it when players addressed it. I mean they patched some big glitches and made sure any host quitting during a game didn't affect any XP you earned the week after the game hit. That's why I doubt it's a problem on their end or something they could have fixed.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    High Moon said the game doesn't suppport host migration a while back. Nothing they can do now. I hopped online the other night and still have the same issue. But Black Ops, Madden and my other games work great online.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's not completely true Opticron. Given a lack of issues most have with other games it does imply it is something wrong with WFC. That said it may have been such a large or difficult issue to fix that it was merely not economic to fix. For example it could be their entire MP code needed to be reworked and tweaked. Obviously that is a MAJOR investment for relatively little reward.

Now with a sequel they have the money, the time, and the drive to fix it. Or so I would hope they do.

It's all about cost vs return in the video game world.

8. Slain

Slain Decepticon

I 've had it a couple of times that the host dropped and then the game (non-campaign) ended. Very annoying, but hey, during this weekend, there's gonna be enough players online to go at it!

You could just host your own game and see who shows up :) 

9. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

You can host a public game in escalation, but not in MP. You can only host private matches where points don't count.