This ever happen to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoundMaster, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Did you ever have a figure, that you really hated because it was crumy or whatever, but then after a while, It grew on you to the point that you really wanted it?

This is happening to me with universe Cheetor. Since the first pictures came out, I thought he was terrible. Horrible enginering, and too much time focusing on the beast mode. His arms have horrific kibble, and it looks like he is hauling a huge tire in his backpack. But suddenly, a week or so ago, He started to grow on me. Now, I really want this guy. Not as much as Starscream, but still. I know his robot mode is suffering quite a bit, but now, I really want this guy.

Has this ever happened to you?

2. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    OOOOOH yeah....

Universe Powerglide
    I thought it was just such an unappealing mold to begin with, and nothing like his g1 counterpart color wise. I don't remember when it happened, but all of a sudden I started to love the toy. Since then, never having owned a single Powerglide EVER.. I now have Powerglide, Henkei (Red) Powerglide, Stormcloud, and even went back and bought a g1 Powerglide to display next to them... I'm a sick, sick person.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

A couple of times. Most recently, it was with TFU Blaster. I actually had the Cyberton Soundwave version of that mold and sold it not long after purchase because I hated it so much. I picked up Blaster yesterday on impulse and have had a ton of fun with him! I guess the color change made the difference for me.

BTW, I bought Cheetor because he was/is one of my favorite characters and I actually like the figure. I can understand why people are turned off by the mold, but I still think he's a lot of fun!

4. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Have to agree with SoundMaster and Nightwind. It took some time but after a while Cheetor grew on me. Especially due to this pose Cheetor - Classics Universe Toy Gallery - Photo #93. The only two Universe/Classics 2.0 I don't care for are Silverbolt and Powerglide.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I second Universe Cheetor. He's still not all taht great, but he's kinda cool and I love his face. >:3

6. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

yes animated BB i thought he looked really dumb but then he turned out to be my first animated figure

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Cybertron Backstop. So fugly it's great.

8. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Voyager Starscream

9. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    No it hasn't happened to me yet...now if i could get some more tfs...

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Salvage lately, I was all "Man that sucker sucks" and left him displayed in front of my computers, later while posting at TFW2005... and I looked at him... and he looked at me... and then something weird happened and now I can't stop transforming him and he actualy was moved to my "top shelf" along with TFA Lugnut and Oil Slick.

11. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes energon arcee she's not the best fembot but now i have all 9 repaints of her

12. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    *off topic*
    Heh, whenever my Cheetors arms pop out of the tabs I just say "Cheetor arm kibble attack!" while swinging them around lol.

*on topic*
    But yeah, I got cheetor more for the beast mode but his robot mode is kinda growing on me.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Much of the Classics 1.0 line. Particularly Mirage. That guy shelfwarmed so bad and I just passed.

Never picked it up until a couple months ago.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The Universe Cheetor mold I guess is an example of it for me. At first, I really liked him, from pics seen way before his release. Then seeing the problems, particularly the backpack...I just lost interest. Then he started growing on me, so I picked him up (over Universe SS even) and I really kinda like him.

Best example for me though is Animated Voyager Bulkhead, it was the one thing that was gonna be keeping me from being a (in-show character) completist with the line...but over time I just had to get it, and from the time I got him until the time I picked up..I think Lugnut, it was my favorite in the line, a title which now rests with Voyager Blitzwing I believe.

15. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    tank drone for beast machines, freaking hated the design....

it ended up growing on me....influenced the purchase of beast wars returns tankor

16. MasterPrime

MasterPrime Assemble and Roll Out

News Credits:
    Animated Oilslick just because when it comes to getting Transformers from shows I try to get every show Character. I was really against getting but for some reason I got he hated him but as time past I started to really like him. Now he's going in Animated which makes me very happy!:D 

17. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

transformers movie camshaft... i still have a love hate relationship with that figure..

18. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Happened to me with Universe Dinobot...but then my mind changed again. I don't really want it anymore; glad I haven't bought it yet.

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Deluxe Senitnel Prime. I hated that thing. So stalky looking. Jelly-bean head, playschool-looking truck mode. Small. Broke down and got him for $7.77 at Walmart a while back despite those feelings, and he was a disappointment. But after a while, he really grew on me. He's freaking awesome.

Movie Voyager Starscream. I really wanted that thing, but after seeing the pics and watching other reviews of him, I was not thrilled with him. No hands, weird looking body. Got him anyway, and didn't care for him at first. After some messing around with, I grew to really like the mold. Still do.

There are some others, but these are a couple good examples of my experiences similar to yours. :) 

20. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I would say its always the opposite for me I think i'll like a bot and end up hating it, ( Annimated BB, Uni Cheetor, are great points) just bought em thinking I would like and no,:banghead:  the thing with Cheetor is the feet I can not stand the feet.

BW Injector, I soooo did not want that bot but I found it on clearance at TRU and got it, and I like that bot to this day.

And then there was Armada Smokscreen, hated it, got it to be a completest on the line and he kinda got me don't know why but I dig em.
    And now its the legands, I got a few with Cybertron, but they turned me off, now the G1 legends are nice even the Cybertron repaints, I can't get enough of em, and those damn Robot Heros.:bowdown: