Third Party PCC Limbs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Napalm, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's got to be on the cards, surely?

Think of the improvements that could be made. Articulation, real combiner teams, maybe even some fiction to accompany the sets and help flesh out the characters.

I for one would snap up a few sets of triple changing NOTminicons in a heartbeat.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Maybe a few years from now. I love PCC, but they don't seem to be very popular with a lot of fans. It took Dinobots and Constructicons for them to grab some attention.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not an inherently bad idea, but I'm pretty ambivalent to the idea of trying to force the limbs to be robots/known characters. Better-articulated limbs, or ones that could hold weapons, is about all I'd get excited for. And even then I probably wouldn't pay what they'd cost.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Maybe someone will figure out how to upgrade the current limbs with articulated hands and stable feet.

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    a set of drones with actual arm design and articulation would be cool. I don't mind the lack of robot modes, I just want the arms to look like arms

6. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'd buy the following 3rd party PCC toys.

more core leader scout sized toys. like more animals that transform into robots.

different drones vechicles & animal modes. ofcause they wouldn't transform into a robot. they just transform into a arm or leg for the combined mode.

Legends sized drones that transform from alt mode & into robot mode. ofcause they'd also transformer into combiner legs or arms.

more minicons that look & do what the PCC minicons do.

basic sized legs & arms robots that transform into a robot,alt mode & combiner part.
    basically they'd have the connector part to combine with the core leaders. basically this will give fans 5 basics that combine into a combiner.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think it would be extremely difficult to modify the current limbs. They'd have to create a new set of limbs or something.

Maybe a set of two arms + two legs that made one slightly larger drone car/helicopter?

8. collectthem

collectthem Banned

So people are going to want 3rd party whatever they can think of now? I want a 3rd party Skylynx

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'm not paying $40 for a limb.

That could be drug money, friends.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Honestly I am not certain there would be enough of a market to justify the costs involved in producing what is suggested here.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

If they can make a Headmaster for a Universe figure repainted as an obscure character from a cartoon that never aired here, then I don't think PCC upgrades are beyond reason.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Oh Collectthem, don't be such a 3rd party hater.

I personally don't like PCC. Don't care for 3PI for them.

13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I wish I could get ahold of some of those Gundam hands the guy used a while back those are nice, but some PCC look fine with crazy murder hands, the Autobots are the only ones I think that need "normal" hands.

I mean the decepticons usually just were tearing crap up with theirs, and the combiners pretty much were around to fight close combat with the other combiners.

But I woudl only get them if they were decently priced say the price of the 5 pack minus the leader figure, which just wouldn't happen they would probally be around $40 for a set of 4.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given the general dislike for the PCC line right now, I can't see a market for any third party stuff based on them. Some limb booster packs would be neat, though.

The head and weapons from the Hothead set are also backwards compatible with the original G1 figure, so it also has a market selling to people with incomplete G1 Hardhead figures who aren't picky about original accessories. While it's certainly possible, I can't imagine a PCC third party product having that kind of cross-market appeal.

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There isn't exactly a large base for Headmasters products either... I don't understand where you're coming from with this logic.

It's compatible with an even more obscure figure, which isn't that great of a cross market appeal. Even fewer people have the Headmasters figure.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I would buy then if they had elbows and better hands

17. ---The RAt

---The RAt Well-Known Member

personally I wouldn't be opposed to it. I would like the limbs to be full figures. I think that a legends class sized figure could fit the bill nicely. It wouldn't be ridiculously out of scale vehicle wise, and would be cheaper to produce than another basic sized figure.

Of course at this point I'd be happy for the PCC's to someway to hide the fugly blue connector joints, and for some way for the limbs to stay on without falling off all the time

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, what? I'm going to pay an arm and a leg to get an arm and a leg?

:rimshot

19. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    A 3rd party kit w/ multiple modes or just realistic hand/foot modes might actually make me buy a PCC. Might.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    While they're at it, they can start making add-on trailers for Battle Bumpers.