Third Party Hasbro Does Not Condone Third Party Work, Will Never Work With Them

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Yeah! And put them in charge of the FanClub too while we're at it - yank the license from Funpub.

2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    My thoughts exactly except why do we have to pick sides at all? I like and do buy both.

But agreed that Hasbro needs to quit their beechin and just Do It [TM] (C) (R). XD It appears that they're trying to do exactly that by not only playing catch up with 3Ps but FINALLY giving us something new in MP Sideswipe (I'm still surprised by the choice of character).

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "You can never kill piracy and piracy can never kill you."

The 3rd party situation, such as it is, will probably change over the coming years but I doubt it will ever go away.

4. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

unless one of the third party companies uses a trademarked name (or anything similar like troptimus drime) or uses a trademarked logo (like the autobot logo) then they are fine

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Along those lines, though they're not molded in, I was surprised when I purchased each of the JustiToys WST Dinobots and each sticker sheet included Autobot logos, something that hasn't been included in any of their subsequent WST releases.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

ill say it again, ill be real pissed if hastak shuts down third party stuff i love.

i love some of the new hastak stuff, i love some 3rd party stuff.

hastak doesnt/wont/cant make all the stuff we want, (hercules, minibots, hegemon), so we need these third parties responding to the demand.

shut down 3P at your own peril hastak. you WILL FEEL THE NERD RAGE!!!

7. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is hilarious, given the way it appears the forum.

"Third Party Hasbro does not condone..."

I figured this was a joke or meme thread.

Instead, it is old news that shouldn't surprise anyone.,

8. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I added up the purchases I made since 2011 at retail, and discovered that I spent $235 (+tax) on Hasbro products, about $200 on Takara products, and $666 on third party products. Oh, the irony....

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Proof that third parties are the anti-Christ? Dec 21, 2012, ZOMG!

10. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for some third party to release a scaled down version of MP-12, assuming it's not going to be Classics-sized.

A la Faith Leader. :) 

Oh, pirates will kill you alright. You know, REAL pirates. People who copy music and what not aren't pirates, it's such a stupid term to use on that situation.

11. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

What's not clear to me is if the 3rd party as a whole, actually does meaningful damage to Hastaks bottom line...at least damages greater than the cost of a lawsuit.

Some thoughts:
    -many 3rd party are low production volume
    -some actually entice us to buy/enhance Hastak product like Protector
    -the 3rd party are doing things Hastak simply can't easily do like adding figures out side of a larger line or marketing initiative, without the safety challenges (ages 18+) and without support and distribution costs.

Like others said, there are a few products doing damage--iGear is clearly pushing it and CHMS are KOs...however, I see an odd, almost uncomfortable symbiosis here...other than possible liscencing (which is very unlikely) is there really anything to change or fix?

I for one hope the party lasts, and it drives Hastak a little harder to make product that appeals to the collector market (ie thanks for MP 12)

12. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    In the first place, they are not really interested to provide what the Fans wanted. They can't blame others for taking up that job. They only interested in mass market, they forget that this niche market are prepared to spend when they see what they wanted.

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

well maybe hasblow should step up then and i mean really step up by giving us fans the kind of stuff we fans are looking for instead of leaving it to the thrid party companys run for fans by fans to fill the market in that way

as usual they are jsut lookng for a escuse to throw a pissy little bitch shit fit because now they have to put up with competition from some of us fans as well.

reminds me of the shit tonka got away with when they felt threatend by mighty orbots in the 80s and we all know how that turned out with the fuckers liieing through their damned teeth jsut to kil the show off before it could have a real chance to make it asa toylien.

god forbid we the fans shoudl have sny real choice in the matter

fuck hasblow they aint getting my money no more

for me its third party all the way

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i hear you buddy i mwith you on the bandwagon all the way

FUCK YOU HASBLOW

15. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    The best thing will be all the 3rd party work together and produce figures that are in scale with one another. That will be win win for all the Fans.

16. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ding ding! everybody drink!

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

How about Decepticon logos? They're all over the CHMS seekers...

18. xBigbotx

xBigbotx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ur right on what ur saying hasbro can't tell company what they can and can't sell

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always wanted Hasbro to just take the 3rd party designs and release them themselves. KO them. $20 Hercules members at Walmart.

Takara MP Thrust/Dirge/Ramjet with the same parts as iGear.

20. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

Will never happen. We only get one new MP mold every three years or so. We'll die of old age before Hasbro or Takara gets around to releasing the Dirge/Ramjet/Thrust, or any of the other characters 3rd party companies are ALREADY or HAVE already make.

As far as the 20 dollar Hercules members, no. First off, Hasbro will NEVER make anything that elaborate. If they did, they would NOT have individual robot modes. They'd just be construction vehicles who combine into a giant robot that did nothing of importance but eat sand. Wait, wait, that already happened. Or, we'll get the neon power ranger Kool-Aide man Bruiticus.

Fact is, Hasbro has SHOVED it in our face time and time again that they simply don't give a flying rats ass about collectors. Bear in mind this is the same company that fired 200 of it's own employees because they have no clue what their customers want, collector or the so called children's market they insist they are aiming to please. (But fail miserably at, more on that later).

3rd party companies stepped up to the plate, and are giving fans what they want. MOST (but not all) 3rd party companies are flourishing because of this. And Hasbro, who still give collectors the middle finger, took HUGE losses this past year. Sure, a chunk of that was due to their management, but the bottom line is, when you don't produce items your customers don't want, they won't buy from you. They will turn elsewhere. That goes for BOTH kids AND collectors.

In 2013, Hasbro says we will finally get new Transformer toys. Let's hope they are released locally and don't become Asia exclusives like everything else. If Hasbro releases them so I can actually find them.

These are several reasons why most of my purchases have been 3rd party this past year. In fact, many of the TF fans I know have gone this route. I got an (almost) awesome Devistator figure from TFC. I got an amazing seeker line up from iGear. Mini bot from iGear. I can go on and on. This past year, all I purchased from Hasbro was a Scrapheap that I was lucky enough to find before the local scalpers depleted the shelves, leaving behind the plethora of ROTF toys, various Bumblebee and Optimus Prime repaints that have been keeping pegs warm for a year or longer. (A lesson Hasbro STILL has not learned, as my local Target had 20 TF Prime Bumblebees, and ZERO of the other figures from those waves). I do love Hasbro and Takara, but they have to fire the nimrods who are running that company into the ground. They should have been the ones who lost their jobs, not the 200 worker bees. It's a shame.

Long rant. Bottom line: I'm sorry you don't like 3rd party toys. You're really missing out from, well, the toys you always wanted. I bet if you took a chance on one, you'd be very happy with your purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.