Third Leader Class this year?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    From what I've picked up though out the years of collecting I figured they always make at least 3 new mode leader class figures a series with the rest as repaints. think about it, first movie Optimus, Megatron and Brawl, then 2 repaints, the Animated series Bulkhead, Megatron and Ultra Magnus, then 2 repaints, the second movie, Optimus mold, Megatron new mold and Jetfire, after that 1 repaint. So this year we know that there are two leader class figures, Optimus with hooks instead of swords and a new mold Starscream. So if we are lucky there could be a third leader that they have planned but we don't know yet. If there is who do you wish for if it will happen?

2. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    You could always just wait to find out. And it'll most likely be a Seeker repaint anyway.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That Starscream mold will surely be repainted, although unless it's one of those odd same character but new deco repaints his voicechip will need to be re-recorded.

As for any other new Leader class figures, I will be VERY surprised if Hasbro does release any new figures, much less whole new molds like Starscream.

4. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

A Starscream repaint would be nice. Though I dont think it would be a seeker. It would be Night ops SS or Cowardly retreat SS or something like that.

Hasbro has been surprising us with new molds, so I'm up for anything!

We still get one more movie and one more line of toys, too.

Good thinking, but you'll find out soon enough.

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I'm hoping we will get some kind of Nightwatch Prime repaint or if they do Starscream again paint him yellow and orange to finnaly do a movie Sunstorm.

Edit* vvv Oh, In that case I think a leader class Jolt or Scrapper would be fairly awesome.

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Here is a little facts I was trying to explain in the topic. 4-5 Leaders in a series, at least 3 new modes plus 1-2 repaints a series. There are 2 new modes known this time, but what if they had plans for a 3rd new mold this year. I'm not asking new repaints, we could expect that in the 2 or 3 new molds. Get the idea?

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I can haz Leader Blackout?

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Let's not hope big, Blackout has never happened even if we wished hardest.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm hoping big. Blackout would be an amazing suprise, no matter how unlikely.

Anyways, I would almost like to see Leader SS get a TFTM paint job like the MP-M is getting. A no-tattoo SS would be really nice. It just isn't the $100 nice that Takara thinks it is.

We also might be lucky to get an American release of Buster Prime. While it does seem unlikely, like Blackout, it would be an awesome suprise.

10. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aren't we getting a Leader Class Bumblebee?

11. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    The BB you are talking about is the Battle Ops version, and is a stand-alone figure at this point with no designated class.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Bumblebee does not count! He is an op. There is a difference.

13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    If I had a dollar for every time I heard a wish for Leader Blackout I'd has lots of money to be the winner of all custom Transformers ever posted on ebay.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Either in HftD or movie 3 line, we need a better Leader Megatron. If they keep his design the same between movies it will be glorious.

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Being an "off year" with a big movie push coming early next summer, I'd be very surprised if we saw another leader release, and if we do, I'd largely expect it to be a repaint of one of the existing molds.

I'd almost bet on a Megatron, since we haven't heard of any major new figures of him thus far (and nearly all your core movie guys are getting new versions, even The Fallen)

16. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    I'm not expecting a new Megatron in the HFTD line. What I hope is that Hasbro is going to make the new Leader Megatron for TF3 the same quality that ROTF Leader Prime is.

Also, I know this isn't going to happen, but I would LOVE to see a Leader class Ironhide. Isn't gonna happen, but is my most wanted Leader class figure now that Starscream has been taken care of.

17. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A BETTER leader megatron would be sweet.
    Both his versions have benn craptacular at best, and downright garbage at worst.

I would love to have a kick ass Megatron to go with Prime

18. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    They always say that Fall is the time when they want to have all their biggest TFs on the shelves (in fact I vaguely recall that Leader Starscream was originally declared to be a fall 2010 release but obviously came out earlier than that). If they haven't announced any Leader molds recently then I wouldn't imagine they'll announce any more for this year. Fall is not THAT far away...and even if Hasbro didn't admit to any new Leaders, surely those gossipy Chinese factory workers would have heard something by now?

Could be that next year we will see a blitz of Leaders. Clearly some will have to be made for TF3, and TFPrime might even get some.

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Methinks I will dream big just like this as well. :)  Here's hoping for a Leader Blackout (even if they call it "Grindor", I don't care), or a Leader SS repaint.

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Ah, but Leader Class Starscream is made in Vietnam, so i'd assume that's where Leaders will be made in future(?). If the factory workers are less savy to the fact money can be made by leaked toys and/or security is a little tighter, we may be seeing less leaks.