Thinpacks vs Regular Box sets

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spider Striker, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Are there any major differences between the DVDs in a thinpack or a regular sized collection? Do they remove the special features or anything, or is it just a thinner case?

I ask because I would like to buy all of RahXephon, and the thin pack would be a hell of a lot cheaper, but if they're gonna skimp me out on any of the extras, I may swing for the regular sized volumes.

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

the dvds to rahxephon are exactly as they are in the big set the only diffrence, is you dont get the booklets

3. Spider Striker

What's in the booklets? Am I missing anything if I don't get them?

4. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

uh to be honoest I dont know someone else here happen to know? If its like the platinum evangelion sets then its charecter bios and stuff

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I think a lot of TV series are packaged with thinpacks now, just so they can fit more DVDs into one box - Family Guy, A-Team and Futurama do it, at least.

...and there's no information missing on the DVDs themselves. I figure it's just easier packing in terms of shipping prices?

6. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Mostly its repackaging in smaller sets and if anything is excluded its physical extras, like t-shirts and such.

7. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

some artwork is in the booklets... can't remember if there's any deeper commentary or not. :(  If you buy one of the rahxephon artbooks out there, then you're probably not going to miss anything.

8. Spider Striker

Thanks guys. :) 

9. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

The individual Rahxephon booklets are pretty cool, but I really don't think they would be worth the extra cost of buying the individual releases over the thinpak. They have some nice art and some nice little explanations of characters, terms used in the series, and other such things, but aren't really that essential.