Thinning the Alternators...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, the time has come that i just dont want all my alternators anymore. ive got every american release except SDCC rodimus, and Rumble. i do plan on still getting rumble, and hopefully soon...however, the rest need to be thinned down to one of each mold, if even every mold.... here's what im thinking so far...

Alternators to keep:

Decepticons:
    Shockwave, Tantrum (rollbar), Divebomb (ricochet), Swindle, Ravage, Deadend, Rumble (eventually)

Autobots:
    Tracks, Optimus Prime, Prowl, Mirage, Skids, Wheeljack

On the verge of selling:
    Nemesis Prime, Bluestreak, Camshaft, Smokescreen, Hound, Jazz, Battle Ravage, Swerve, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Grimlock

Unsure:
    Dragstrip (Decepticharge), windcharger

as you can see, i've made my list of what im thinking...however, i want opinions as well....Tracks and Swindle are the two i would never sell, being a tracks geek, as well as a bruticus geek....

im unsure about wildrider and windcharger. i prefer wildrider, and he works into the story ive got in my head (basically, alternate universe, megs is dead, shockwave has taken over, and his small crew are all former combiner members, and former soundwave minions)

also, nemesis prime and optimus prime...im not really sure i even want that mold at all...but kinda want prime as the leader...though tracks could work as well, in my head....or prowl, or wheeljack, or anyone else for that matter...

last one thats got me irking is prowl and camshaft...im not sure who i prefer....

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Keep Decepticharge, he's one of the best looking Alts (IMO).

As far as Prowl and Camshaft, if you are looking to make money sell Camshaft, if you are looking to keep a fairly hard to find figure, keep Camshaft.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    really? camshaft is the more rare version? i was just scanning ebay and it looks like prowl is selling for more....

oh, btw, all have been displayed and loose, but i still have the boxes, and in great shape...so think MIB...and prowl is the bubble box version..

on further inspection, its seems a sealed prowl goes for more then a sealed camshaft, however a loose camshaft goes for more then a loose prowl...

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

In the whacky world of Alternator distrobution Camshaft had terrible penetration inthe US. Canada however was over flowing with him. Around May 07 if I was willing to shell out 100+ I could have bought 4 for TRU.

5. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jazz is the best. You'd be crazy to sell him

The rest of the Alts are big fat nobodies or shitty molds whose characters appear in much better incarnations in other lines.

Point being, don't sell Jazz.

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    eh, jazz is just so so...the remold as shockwave is way cooler, IMHO

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    and man...decepticharge is worth a pretty nice amount...however, i do totally prefer him to windcharger, i think he will totally stick around, until the day i decide i no longer need any alternators...but that day may never come...

8. Dark_Convoy

I'ma cut you mang!!! Never, NEVER say that again.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'd kill for a Nemesis Prime--although it'd be to make up a Trailbreaker of my own. Any other reason you're thinking of getting rid of it? I'd call it a definite keeper--personally I find that one in particular better than the Alternator's Op Prime.

Otherwise, you've got it separated in a manner that makes sense to me. I MIGHT have gone opposite you--kept Grimlock and traded off Wheeljack, as I never thought he fit that mold. Granted, I originally didn't care for Grimmy as a car--even a Mustang. But he seems to fit it the best of the two in my opinion.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, brah, but cmon. Some of those guys barely had any lines in the G1 cartoon. Granted, being a fan of the toys and the craftsman ship, I can see why the line is so popular. I'm more of a Classics guy myself, but hey, whatever floats your boat. :thumb 

11. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'm about to do an Alt purging myself. If I were you, I'd keep Prowl over Camshaft. Even though Prowl bit the dust in the movie, he's still a cool character and very memorable from the cartoon.

I have all the Alts for the 1984 carbots and have personally decided to only keep Jazz, Prowl, and Hound.

12. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    If you've at all considered one of those BT/Alt arming kits, keep Smokescreen and get one. He was just a mediocre nobody to me before the kit and now he's a real badass with it.

13. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Alt Prowl is definitely better than Camshaft. I have both, but Prowl is superior.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Alright, I'll say it. Whomever is getting rid of Alternators, PM me. I want to complete my collection, and piece together a few repaints from extras. Long as I can afford the buys...

Oh, and I personally never get rid of things unless I'm giving up an entire collection. Bit of a completists here...

15. Dark_Convoy

Oh man, I have totally not paid attention, I didn't realize Camshaft was so plentiful in Canada - he was an e-bay exclusive in the US.

Such strange distribution.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    while i do like grimlock as an alternator, i just love wheeljack as a character more. and i like his paint job too, and i think someone out there would probably be more willing to buy grimlock then wheeljack too...

and nemesis prime, that mold just erks me...ive only transformed him and prime one or two times each, cuz it takes so bloody long to do it....

17. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    eh.... I love them all. The Windy/Dragstrip mold is my favorite, since I'm a big roadster fan as well as a big Stunticon fan.

The only ones I'd consider selling are the Mustangs since I absolutely loath that mold. they aren't fun to transform to me. I hardly ever even look at them. The others make me smile. The Mustangs make me scowl.

If you decide to sell any, send me a PM? Perhaps we could meet somewhere in this great state and you wouldn't have to ship one or two.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If I had to sell some of my Alts and only keep a few I'd keep:

Shockwave
    Silverstreak
    Grimlock
    Dead End
    Tracks
    Decepticharge (I mainly like the head sculpt)
    Prowl (WITH the leg mod)
    Hound
    Mirage

The rest are easy throw-aways.

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    totally man...thatd be way easier and quicker, and i wouldnt even have to worry about paypal fees either...

20. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I were going to have one definitive Alt collection, I'd like to have one of each mold in their Autobot release (except for having both Smokescreen and Silverstreak, Grimlock and Wheeljack, and both Sideswipe and Sunstreaker)... and I'd keep Shockblast. Later stuff like Riccochet, Camshaft, Ravage, and the Hound repaint are just blah, and Alternator Decepticons never really made sense to me anyway. My problem is I don't have a Mirage yet (who I'd like over HotRod), and I'd love to get rid of my Tracks' mold Ravage and the yellow Hound Decepticon (Swindle? Rollbar?).