Thinking of Trading some figures but not really sure if I should or not.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RodimusDawg, Jan 7, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just recently moved into a new apartment and I was unpacking all my old TFs and I was thinking of trading a few in. But it changes from day to day. One day I want to and the next I'm not sure. I have plenty of room so space isn't hindered.

It's mainly Beast Wars stuff and even thou I loved the series I was still to young to buy a lot of them in the line like I have been able to lately with the recent lines. And I have no intention of filling out the line. It's not that I don't like them and it only a few and far in between. Not much to call a collection of a series like I do with Classics and Animated and Movie.

What decisions do you guys make when you decide to trade or sell a figure? Its not that I need money but there are a few other figures and parts I want that I would appreciate more with my classics display than I would my BWs figures.

2. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually don't have a problem "letting go" of certain figures. If you want something more, it is easier to trade and save some money. It really depends on if you can live without that certain figure or figures. Don't trade something you still want, because from my past experiences you usually get that itch to get it back (sometimes it's harder to find later) I did that whenI ha my Leobreaker, took me close to a year to get a reasonably priced one from a friend, LOL

3. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you are undecided I think you should just leave them boxed up. I have a feeling that if you were to sell them off you would regret it later.

4. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

First make sure its worth the trouble. Most smaller loose BW figures don't go for a whole lot. But there are defintely a few rare ones. The bigger guys obviously go for a good price. Once you get an idea what you got and what you could either sell or trade it for decide if its worth giving them up for that. If you can turn them into other figures that you know you'll like more, then no real downfall there.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

It sounds like you're not ready to part with them yet. I would hold on to them for now.

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As others have said, make sure you actually WANT to.

I don't have much trouble letting things go. I always figure that if I absolutely regret the decision, none of this stuff is THAT rare that I couldn't buy it back.

To this date, I've never done that with anything I've sold... so, obviously I didn't regret it! I tend to shake things up in my collections (not just TF) fairly regularly.

7. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    I'm going through this right now with my 25A GI Joes. I like them but I feel like I've gone outside of my collection ideals. I just started buying stuff cause it was there I think. Now I can't decide if I should trim down the collection to get more TF's. I go back to the figures that got me started with them and think "Oh I'll just keep those", but then I see the ones I got shortly after that and think Oh but I really wanted those too" And then it just snowballs to me keeping 90% of what's sitting there. Anyway... It's just a debate that we all go through. I think it's gotta come down to if there's something you would rather have in their place and if you can get a decent trade value out of them. :) 
    -G

8. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Speaking of Beast Wars.....does anyone have a DX Convoy that they're looking to unload? It doesn't matter if it's MISB or not as long as it's in mint condition.

PM me.

9. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I went through something similar. I was running out of space and money so I talked it over with the wife and she suggested that I only focus my toy collection to TFs since they're my favorite.

So, I sold off anything that was non-TFs. (I needed the money at the time.) My 25th anniversary Joes were sold off so that I could but my TF Animated figures. The rest (Minimates, Masters Of The Universe etc.) were sold off so I could focus on TFs. (and because money was tight........and still is.)

Now all I have left is my Sigma 6 Joes. I would unload all of them but, they don't sell for jack right now. All I'm looking to do is make back what I paid for them (retail price.).......and I can't even get that for them right now.

Plus, alot of them are pretty cool. Lt. Stone, All 4 versions of Cobra Commander, Crime Boss Destro, and Dark Ninja Master are my favorites.

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

If you are on the fence, hold on to them. You may regret parting with them later.