Thinking of returning The Twins...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I saw regular Movie figures returned in Premium boxes once. THAT was lame.

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I've bought figures that I didn't think I would like only to like them a lot AFTER opening it and playing with it. I've also gotten figures I thought would be awesome only to be total crap! I have no problem returning something I don't like BUT now that I customize figures, I just used those crappy figures for customs and then sell those.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Still, I would rather keep ROTF figures than get any Animated figures. I've gottem my hands on a few and they were total disappointments.

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

My opinion: Dont return them cuz you suddenly decided you dont want them, sell or trade them instead. Shouldn't we return stuff cuz its defective or something??? Not just cuz we changed our mind?

Also, I dont get the whole concept of a cool toy becoming undesirable due to the movie... The toy itself hasnt changed since you bought it...

5. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

Must be the drugs I was on yesterday for my allergies. I wasn't really as clear as I could have been.

We're not strapped for cash in the sense that my buying at TF takes away from any of my kids' essentials (or those of myself or my bride). We each have an allowance for stuff we want to buy (for my wife it's shoes, for me it's TFs/comic books/occasional superhero action figure) and we aren't in a situation where we're struggling to make ends meet.

We are, however, tightening the purse strings, so I'm starting to make my allowance purchases go further by making certain I buy something now that won't cost me twice (or more) than what it did when it was originally released.

Hence this thread. I wanted to know if it was worth it to return those guys and then get Prowl and Jazz. I will very likely get the Twins again in a few months when I've got the money for it.

I got Ratchet this morning...great figure, and I'm glad I made the exchange. I'm off to see if I can find Jazz. If not, he's on the list for next month.

-Prime

6. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Why'd you even start this thread when you were never going to do anything other than bitch about what people said and then not listen to their advice? Just to ease your conscience about it?

Spending money AT ALL on Transformers when you have a family with admitted financial issues is just irresponsible. If you are having to tighten the financial belt AT ALL, Transformers should've been the first thing to go. My wife and I decided to take jobs overseas and we have had to tighten our belts as well to save to make the transition. Guess what...that means that I haven't made a TF related purchase since late last year.

Priorities. I don't care if it's birthday money. It's still MONEY.

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

So if people are being more careful with their money than they used to be, they're no longer allowed to buy Transformers?

Man, I'm glad you're not in charge.

8. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

wish i could return all my ROTF figures. no box. no reciept

9. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think your comprehension skills are a bit lacking on this one.

10. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

They have REAL personalities. Whether or not you think they are cool is personal opinion. I think besides Optimus Prime and Jetfire, they might have had the most dialogue of any other Autobot in the film.

As for taking them back. If you have already openned them, you might as well just go ahead and charm them to the game. It's not right to return a openned figure unless it has a

Getting figures, that you are not so crazy about, is an unfortunate part of collecting. I have a whole container of TFTM toys I completely hate, as well as TFTM toys that I liked but are now obsolete because of their movie 1 counterparts. Just gotta deal with it. Next time think a little more on if you really want the figures or not. Like other members have said, sell them on here, ebay, or trade them to online retailers. You won't get what you paid for them, but you'll get a little change back, and maybe can get something you want for them in exchange.

p.s....should have looked at the times of the posts..I'm way late to this discussion, but I still stand by my feelings on returning openned figures. I did it once with TFA Starscream, but it was because his legs kept popping off.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Neat, you can read an annual report. have you also noticed that return policies nationwide have changing significantly over the past couple years? Guess it isn't that profitable. And to say that companies have LOADS of money, doesn't mention where they get that money, from us, the consumer. So in order to budget for these things, they charge more. So you not making an informed decision, or getting bored with a toy does affect me, and all consumers, weather they buy toys, food products, shoes, etc. I can understand a defective toy, but in the age of the internet, maybe you should review toys a little bit better when you are looking over cashflow statements and balance sheets. If you can't figure out what toys are good before buying them, how can you possibly investigate multi-billion dollar companies for an investment firm?

12. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well i don't think returning Transformers is an epidemic that will destabilize the economy of a company. (They might but you never really know)

I could even ague most of the points to why the cost of everything is going to sky rocket but that would most likely violate the rules here but I will say this, WHEN not if stores change their return policy I will stand behind it all the way.

Up until that point there is still nothing wrong with sending back something you don't like just because you don't like it.

side note: You could sale both of them together and most likely make a profit.

13. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry for telling you that you are wrong, but you are wrong. Return policies at Walmart and target have not changed during the time period in which you are talking, and no the prices have not gone up as a result of items being returned to stores, as I said, the return policies have been made because it encourages MORE business and creates MORE profit than not having such a liberal return policy.

The price increase on recent TF toys is claimed to be due to increase in oil prices, although it's really more to do with an interest by Hasbro to increase prices for expected inflation in the next year or so...

Sorry to burst your bubble...

14. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about we stop paying for stuff and just swipe 'em? eh?

Target, Walmart, Toys R Us make enough money that they can afford to loose some. Agreed?

Im just amazed at how some of you fuck nuts think.

15. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I know you're trying to cause a rise, but people here will take what you said at face value

16. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's funny that you think returning an item to a store is the same as stealing an item... hmmmm Crazy? yes you are.

17. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It does amount to taking it out on loan really if you just return it when you're done with it (not aimed really at the OP, but I recall a thread where a member was asking questions as to whether he was able to return his two year old Leader Optimus from the first movie and exchange it for the new leader Optimus)

18. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me? Crazy? It goes without saying.

Having said that, lets all go out and buy Erp and Gerp underwear, use it for a week or two. Watch ROTF, return the used undies because Erp and Gerp made you itchy. Nice eh? Genius...

Stealing crap = loss. Returning crap that cant be resold = loss. Dont get me wrong, there are valid reasons to return crap.

Buy crap; play with crap; watch crap movie; dislike how crap was portrayed in crap movie; return crap = crap reason for returning crap.

Dont buy crap. Specially if you cant afford crap.

19. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

THIS for the WIN! Or in Espanol... GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You do realise this thread is talking about MISB items that can be put straight back on the shelves?