Thinking of returning The Twins...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

...for TF:A Ratchet and Jazz.

I'm just not all that impressed with Skids or Mudflap as characters, nor the designs. I bought Skids before the movie, as I hoped they'd have cool/real personalities, but then I saw ROTF. I got Mudflap to have the pair, but now I'm not sure.

I just started collecting TF:A, and want to complete the Autobot cast (have all but Ratchet and Leader Bulkhead w/Activators Prime is on order)

So should I do it? Will I regret it? Seems the TF:A figs are disappearing...

Prime

2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Skids & Mudflap and Jazz & Ratchet are all really great figures. I can't say I would return the twins, or recommend you to do so, but I would recommend to get the TFA figures soon, before they are all of shelves.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't understand it when people buy toys, open them up, fiddle for a while and then return them (unless it's broken or defective, of course). You should know what you are getting into before you buy them.

A TF should be a commitment, not a rental. Once you return it to the store, it's as good as garbage in most cases - you're basically throwing it away at the expense of the store.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  4. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I personally love the twins. They are really great figures. Great for my COLLECTION <- main word here.

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't return them unless you still have the reciept and never opened...if your that strapped for cash. maybe you shouldnt be buying any

on that not..i say keep the twins...and also find the tf animated you want before they are obsolete..................................unless you plan to return them...

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

This. Besides, I personally like the twins! The look great in Bot or alt mode, and have an intriguing transformation.

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This. In spades.

I don't understand this attitude of "I just decided I don't like a toy, so the store should take it back at a 100% loss."

It's really, really lame.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Hey, where'd you get the signiture for the smilie face with the mozilla firefox thing? Looks funny!

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'll just join the chorus of those commenting on this. It's very lame to suddenly decide that you don't want a figure after having messed around with it.

It's one thing if you haven't opened it I think, but in most cases it seems that people treat it like some kind of rental. Open the figure, play with it for a couple of days and than decide that they should be able to get their money back two to three weeks later (or sometimes longer) just because 'they don't like it'.

If you really don't like a figure that you bought that much sell it off on these boards in the Junkion Exchange. Sure, you're not likely to get what you paid for it, but at least you'd have a little more money than you originally had right?

Also, in today's age of pre-release buying of Transformers, there's really no reason for us not to be able to make informed decisions about the figures we're buying. There's plenty of reviews about these two out there that, from a design perspective, you should have known what you were getting into. As far as returning them for their characters... well, create your own personalities for them if it's a big deal for you. I didn't care for their on screen counterparts, but there's no reason they can't act like general idiots rather than wannabe thugs in my mind. Meh. To each his own I guess.

Edit: Oh, and if you've got the extra cash I do recommend both Animated Ratchet and Jazz. Both are great figures and well worth the purchase. Still, if you're so strapped for money that you need to return previously bought toys... then you might want to rethink your spending habits.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    So, your basically blaming the movie for why you don't want them anymore.

I may be inturpreting it wrong, but that's what I'm getting from this.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, I bought Chromia and hated immediately after opening her, but I opened so I'm stuck with her. Returning opened figures that aren't broken or defective is lame.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If you don't want them and they are not defective, then put them up on eBay or something.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

So, I'm guessing this is some way to push an agenda, right? Otherwise you would've just returned them without making a thread about how they make you feel dirty or whatever on here.

14. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

Keep the the Twins. They are great figures. Do not return the figures.

15. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

i love the twins and thats wrong to just decide you dont like something and take it back.

16. Excelsior Prime

I should have mentioned that I haven't opened ANY of my ROTF figures as yet.

I would be returning them based on the fact that, primarily, I think I'd rather spend my money on TF:A then on ROTF, which will be around for a while.

I do NOT return opened TFs unless they are damaged and/or have bad paint apps. Same goes for the other countless lines I collect.

I would be returning them UNOPENED so as to get my money back and buy other TFs.

Some of you need to lose the "high and mighty Transformer collector" thing you've got going on.

A lot of conclusions were jumped to, instead of actually asking questions.

Thanks to those of you who did offer some constructive advice.

-Prime

17. Excelsior Prime

And some of you really need to get a hold of yourselves. Posting to "Push an agenda?" Returning figures is "wrong?"

What the fuck is that all about?

-Prime

18. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actaully what's turning me off the figures for the twins is the fact that they're not as cool as the on screen forms, especially Skids which seems based on older concept artwork. Not really liking the two greens on him either.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Since you haven't opened them, none of what was said really applies to you. I apologize for jumping to conclusions - but the fact remains that people who return opened toys because they simply don't like/want them anymore is beyond lame.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder, where do we draw the line at?

If a parent buys a kid a transformer for $10 and it's too complicated for the kid AND the parent to transform even though it says "10 and up" or whatever, do they have a right to return it?

---

Any ways, I haven't bought the twins because I don't like the Trax or Beat. I'll probably pick up the HA versions though coz I'm addicted to alternators.
    '