Thinking of getting back the Classics/Henkei line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Sep 16, 2009.

1. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    The Classics line hooked me from the day it started and I collected all of the figures for the first year or so. Then Henkei started, with more accurate paint jobs, and I started buying those. Then the add-on parts started for various figures (Ultra Magnus, Prime's trailer, weapons, etc) and it just got to be too much. I ended up selling all of the figures in that line and now have just G1.

The more I think about it the more I'm tempted to get back into the Classics again. The line pretty much seems to be over (is that correct?) and the costs for most of the figures are still reasonable.

Has anyone seen any huge price increases on figures? I should note that I'm not looking for every single figure in the Classics line, just the G1 homages (and no add-ons, just the original figures). It will most likely be a mix of Henkei and Classics, depending on which paint job is best.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Depends on the figs you want.

Some have increased(Magnus,Rodimus,Red Alert)

And "classics" is dead but universe will return in 2010-2011

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

All I can say is that it was a very stupid thing to sell them in the first place. I grew up with G1, and I would never sell the figures I owned as a child, but if I had to choose between other G1 figures and their classics/universe counterparts, I would never sell classics/universe figures.

With that out of the way, you can still find most of those figures for decent prices, so I say go for it.

4. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I'm doing the exact same thing you're doing. It's not "fun" but the prices could be worse, I guess. Plus, don't wait too long, but don't jump on the first price you see. Henkei Megs was like $50 when it came out, then it was around $25 this summer, and now it's back to $40 or so. Also, keep your eye on loose figures, those go for a much more reasonable price, and the odds are low that anyone has already banged them up.

5. CowColor

CowColor Get Money™

yeah rodimus did increase in price. But Wildrider looks much nicer.

6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do it now! Hurry!!!

I got in the game late (last month), and am living with the regret. The main issue isn't money but moreso availability. I remember many times when I could've scooped a buttload of Classics/Universe on the cheap at Wal-Mart/TRU but they "just weren't G1" (smh @ myself). Now all I see is ROTF everywhere

Why are you still reading this? GO!

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, I'm sorry. I would feel the exact same way. I haven't been looking for these figures as of late (as I already have em) but I hope you don't have a hard time chasing them down.

And no add ons? Not even the Magnus one? That's a must

8. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

I think I have or owned most of the Classics, not so much the Henkei line, I don't notice any of them being over priced (aside from Magnus). Starscream used to be $25 when I started a year ago, now it's $10. Jetfire was north of $45 for MISB. I've seen him for $15-20 loose in Junkion.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Im trying to hunt down Convoy

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't any at all I'd suggest looking for lots on ebay. That'll help you snag magnus, devastator, bumblebee, and cliffjumper for a more reasonable price.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this, the rest of the add-ons are skippable, but magnus is not ultra magnus without his armor

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Henkei Seekers, Red Alert, Astrotrain and Megatron are must haves!

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PM me if you want Starscream or Hound. Of course, Hound doesn't come with Ravage however.... Just to cool to get rid of.

14. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

C/U/H is pretty much the best thing Has/Tak have ever done. The prices will only go up from here on out on most of the already released stuff. HOPEFULLY there will be more C/U/H stuff coming in the future. But Most of what's already been released won't likely get re-issued. I've also noticed the prices on Henkie stuff starting to go up. So I'd recommend getting what you can while they're cheaper. Personally, if I had to choose between C/U/H and any of the other lines. I'd sell other stuff way before C/U/H, but that's just me.

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i dont think the prices have gone up much, except for (as others mentioned) figures which have add-ons available.. rodimus is going for a lot more now coz of the upcoming upgrade kit.. the magnus upgrade kit is definitely the best.. the repaints (shadow commander, DIA commander) are good but not as awesome :D  good luck finding em at good prices.. i snatched up quite a few good deals on ebay, u could try ebay :) 

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    if you want the city commander armor, i suggest preordering it right now on BBTS, october got to get here.....$101.50 i think with collector's upgrade and will also come with the little add on kit with it (g1-accurate gun and missle pods). i can't wait for october. i absolutely love the classic/universe line. i would never sell my collection

17. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe how much magnus is going for now....200+ for magnus and the add on. Guess I'll never have one.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    take it one step at a time. get the city commander armor now and get magnus down the line. i'll be using my classics prime as a filler for magnus until i get an actual magnus (won't display city commander on the shelf until i get magnus though)

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    You must not be trying very hard, I got one in July from HLJ for $8 when they were having their huge clearance sale (among other TFs). Heck, there were two threads here talking about the sale at the time.

Why did you sell them in the first place? If the line isn't over (and it's likely not), does that make a difference?

20. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Start with the hard to get ones.