Thinking of buying the G1 Japan continuations, but have some queries.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

So, they are all now available as one huge box set. I only found out a few months ago that the Japanese continued the G1 saga I love.
    Now, I just want to know a few details.

1. Do they all have english dubs?
    2. If so, I have heard the voice talent is, well talent-less. Its obviously not the same US voice cast, so how bad is it?
    3. Is it generally, for content with dubbing aside, worth the money for a G1 fan?

Please add any other constructive or helpful points or suggestions too.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  3. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Yes. But its horrible.
    Very bad, I'm some one who prefers dubs but I have to watch them subbed because of how bad it is.
    Headmasters is.. Masterforce is good too.. I don't think I've ever watched Victory all the way through but its got some good bits.. Especially Dinoforce.

Well you can get the Complete Transformers Takara Collection for £42 on Amazon UK right now.. and I think its also out in australia but Not sure how much.. so you get a lot of show for not a lot of money..

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do. However, not ALL of them have been included on the DVDs released. The three series have all been released in both the UK and Australia - in the UK, only Headmasters includes the dub, while in Australia, both Headmasters and Victory include it. The Australian Masterforce set also included it on some select episodes.

It is very, very bad. But it is a FUNNY kind of bad. You watch it to laugh at. If you want to actually seriously enjoy the shows (or at least try to, because there's plenty of dumb stuff in them, just as there is in G1!), you don't watch the dub. See the link Nevermore posted.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I strongly urge anyone to buy them and watch them with the Japanese language & english subtitles provided.

Super God Masterforce and Victory are quality viewing in my opinion.

6. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

Zone is included in the three series boxset too.

Can anyone confirm if it's included in just the Victory set?

As people have mentioned the dubbing is hilariously bad. Just watch it with subtitles (but still laugh everytime Spike shouts HEADOMASTAHHHH!!!).

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the UK no, in Australia yes.

8. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

i see your also in australia, so your wanting to know about the madman box set/s. i bought super god masterforce a while back and enjoyed it. the dubbing is only on a few episodes but you wont want it after hearing it. swap it to subs or its just not enjoyable. it would be better on mute than in english.

a problem i have is the sound seems to go out of synch noticably in disk 4 (i think it was 4) and it becomes kind of difficult to watch. maybe its just my copy, or the dvd player i watch it on but it was out by a full second or two and it really hurt my ability to enjoy it. the show however is very cool, and now the box set of all 3 japanese series is out im going to pick it up. its actually cheaper to get the new set with 3 series, and to just buy the 2 i dont have separately. i would recommend you buy them.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I liked that one guy who did the commentary for the first episode Headmasters DVD release

10. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Well, thanks to everyone, you've been most helpful.
    I have an aversion to subs. I tend to watch things twice, once to get the story and once to just watch the show, but dubbing aside, recommendations have been positive.
    That Wiki article certainly cleared things up for me too.
    Well, I'm gonna grab it next week and I'll be back to let you know what I think. :thumbs2: