thinking about trying to get into making post cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Or like, working for a company that does post cards, these are some photos I took on my trip to New Hampshire, I think they would be cool post cards that people might buy

what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first picture was taken at Lost River Gorge, we actually got kicked out for being down in the rocks and in the river, but it was worth it, we got some amazing pictures.

The second photo was taken at The Flume gorge, also, this photo was taken off the trail were we weren't suppose to be. ;)  but you gotta to get shots like that.

The camera was a 6 megapixel kodak easy share, not the greatest camera to make post cards out of I guess, but high enough res to print them the size of post cards, so it works.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    identify supplier, identify buyer.

show sample of your stuff to retailers. get best price from dude who does your printing.

3. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I think they are gorgeous shots - but ask yourself if it wouldn't just be easier to make a few and sell them locally somewhere before you attempt to drop a wad on printing and all the hassle there.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

great pics, but yeah - what the others said.

5. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Those are beautiful! I can think of a couple ideas:

1. You can buy packages of "blank" post cards with adhesive on one side and stick your photo onto them. (Not a real satisfying result, but it works.)

2. You could do notecards instead of post cards. I've done this with a lot of my photos, and have seen other artists do this. Buy blank notecards and glue the photo onto the front of the card. Some cards come with a cut-out window in the front, where you can insert the picture. Package these up and sell or give as gifts.

Many places have some kind of artists' co-op or store that sells stuff by local artists. I'd suggest trying to find one of those places. Don't know much about the professional postcard printing industry, sorry. Good luck!