thinking about selling my collection, need advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimal Convoy, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Optimal Convoy

Optimal Convoy Well-Known Member

first off here is the link to my collection:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=135271&highlight="optimal+convoy"

Sadly, I am thinking about selling my collection, my interest has been fading in recent months and kinda running out of room... but can anyone tell my by looking at my pics how much my collection is worth and I was definitely thinking about selling each one piece by piece, and I would give you guys first dibs before ebay if I decide to sell...dont think selling as a lot will be feasible what do you guys think? and also am I crazy for selling? LOL

note: not sure what thread to put this in, sorry if its wrong

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Can i have them all. :p 

I think the G1-unners will do well on Ebay.

The rest i think should stick here,How much are asking for Energon Unicron?

3. Khaotika

Khaotika Desire Is Dead

Well, I can't give you any price estimate, but considering that a lot of what you have in your collection is sealed or has the boxes, you could stand to make a lot of money. I don't know if it'd be more than what you paid for it, but you'd probably make out like a bandit.

Tastes change, time changes people, having a family changes people, and if it's something that you think is taking up time/money from something else that deserves it more, by all means, sell. I would make sure that this is what you want though, some of that would be difficult to obtain again once gone.

I'd expect you to have PMs out the wazoo if you sold it all here though, lol. :) 

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Don't try to get an overall estimate. I think that will screw you up. Just sell it figure by figure. Bit by bit. My suggestion to you is to sell the figures that you least care about. As they start leaving and you're collection starts shrinking, you might change your mind. So that still gives you time to change.

Might be interested in some stuff you have...

5. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Before doing anything rash... think it over... once I nearly sold out my collection, but regretted at the last moment (thank god i did).
    But if that is what you want, then it's the right decission :) 

Also I must say it's an awesome collection you have there ! especially since you've only collected for 1½year ! that' s a lot on money. I've been collecting since 85' and my collection of G.1's in not even near that good looking (mainly loose complete figures, couldn't afford boxed later on).

6. Khaotika

Khaotika Desire Is Dead

He's got the right idea.

For example, which set of Predacons do you think you could do without? Which set of Bruticus? And so on, so forth.

Are there pieces you have good memories attached to? Are there some which were just impulse buy in order to complete your collection? I don't know about you, but whenever I decide to get rid of something I question those exact things and that's usually enough to make a decision. This is something you really have to think about.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

He's got the Big Powered set!!!

A Transformer I'll NEVER see. :cry 

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I agre with hotspot on this sell them off a small bunch at the time. That case you can stop if you feel that you want to keep them.

I seee alot of stuff I would bid on or buy if you decide to sell.

If you decide to sell I call dibs on the combatacons , just so this is noted ;) 

9. Optimal Convoy

thanks guys for all your responses, another questions g1s I realize I should sell piece by piece, but what about like my Armada, RID, Energon should I sell as lots or what, what will bring in more money for them?

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Certain figure are rarer like Leobreaker,Wing Saber,Omega Supreme and alot of the hard to find sell them separetly.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The newer stuff, save for a few rarer figures, aren't going to fetch a lot on Ebay, so selling them as a lot isn't going to get you any more money than selling them piece by piece.

As for the G1 stuff yeah that will definatley sell better seperately. The only ones I would group together would be the combiner pieces.

If you do decide to sell off your G1 collection, I call dibs on the giftsets :thumb 

Good luck

12. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Very nice collection, got me beat by a lot!

Pretty much what everybody else has said: sell a little at a time so that should you have second thoughts about it, it's not too late; and don't sell as a lot....(I hate lots for some reason).

If you do decide to sell, lmk about those alts... (with how fast everybody seems to be jumping on them lately, I could use a heads up) ;P

13. Optimal Convoy

yeah, i agree with you guys, still thinking about selling, if so it will be a few weeks, definitely leaning towards selling.... just a note to anyone later tonight I will be posting my collection of Air Jordans on ebay, I have about 52 pairs I will be putting on, so any shoeheads out there give me a pm with anything you may want sz. 9.5-11.5 most DS and NDS

14. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Good Greif that's a lot of shoes! :lol 

15. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Curse you and your early morning posts!! :lol 

Man, I'd love to see a gallery of that Piranacon giftset alone!!

That is one crazy nice collection, especially considering the short amount of time you've put into it. I honestly echo many sentiments here...this is something you should give plenty of time thinking about. While I don't think it impossible to get it all back if you have second thoughts, the fact is it's very difficult to come across a lot of the rare items in the exact same or even better condition down the road.

As for what to do with the easier to find stuff...well, one option is to pair a few really common items with one of the rarest items. It's a standard practice for some sellers to liquidate stock/unwanted items in a flash using this method.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

(Damn, that Computron and Piranacon are nice...)

-Pit-

16. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    If you do decide to sell, I believe that you should donate your HM's and TM's to me.

17. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

Here, here! Hotspot hit the nail right on the head. Selling off small amounts that you aren't attached to will definitely give you the time and "space" to think about what you're about to do.

However, I do hope you give us collectors here on TFW2005 first dibs before you eBay them off. I am seriously interested in your 1984 G1s (Decepticons & Autobots). I also would be intereseted in the G1 Devastator Gift Set. PM if you decide to get rid of these ones. Thank you.