Think we'll get Gun Megatron in RTS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ganjibal Vendef, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Ganjibal Vendef

Ganjibal Vendef Well-Known Member

Sofar we seem to have pretty much everything from United in RTS's first inital waves. We did get the gun Megatron as a legends figure so now I'm wondering if he will appear in RTS in a later wave.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I recall Hasbro saying they can't even release the classics voyager Megatron again, because of the safety laws changing since his release. If they did, it'd probably have to be an even more "SAFETY" color scheme. Like solid yellow, with an orange cap.

3. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I believe it's been said that Hasbro couldn't even release classics megs in the crazy colors like they did any more. Some States have tightened down on toy gun laws. It would be to difficult to put it out. Also, we aren't getting a new release of that crappy DX Prime either. The fact United and RTS/Generations are related is because they were developed together. Most of the Hasbro stuff will get a United release, but also Takara is adding in things to pad out its line.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NO
    We will not get a rerelease of classics Megatron. Personally I really don't understand the rules or restrictions keeping us from having gun megatron's

[​IMG]
    Take a look at these brand new nerf star wars pistols. I don't see why we cant have our megatron or a whole new mold with a similar deco

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Look at the amount of "safety colors" on those. Imagine the same on Megatron. Do you want a Megatron with blue, green, yellow or orange legs? How about in addition to that, those colors splotched all over every part of the gun mode in much higher concentrations than the 2006 deco.

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely not, sorry. Go United.

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

You can get the new legends SQ7 pointed out or go united.

9. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

The only thing these stupid gun laws are telling me is that if I was to paint the barrel of my .45 revolver day-glow orange I would be able to walk around in public with it. I mean seriously, what's stopping people from painting their real guns bright colors and walking around with them? When I was a kid I had a shitload of toy guns; I remember having a small .22 cap gun that was made out of die-cast metal. It was the same size as the real thing, the same colors, and the same weight. I never got it confused with my dad's real guns. Oh wait... I was raised to know the difference, that's right!

Most parents these days have no effing clue how to raise awareness within their children. They think it's easier to bitch, cry, and complain to the government about "guns are bad" and wait for the law-makers to buckle down as they've been doing. Here is a prime example of bad parenting:

Bad Parenting

That father should have paid closer attention to his kid. You just fired a weapon off in front of your child, who naturally wants to try it out. I was at the shooting range when I was five - I knew how to use a gun, and more importantly, I knew when to NOT use a gun. What I don't get is why the camera person didn't make a frantic shouting noise when he clearly saw little man was about to murk his poppa. That guy should've either left the gun at home, paid closer attention to it, or more importantly paid closer attention to his kid.

~Z

PS: Lil man knows how to hold it, though. Watch how the recoil gets him right in the face though.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If you can afford to drop a little more $, definitely get the United version.

When did Hasbro say they couldn't make another Classics Megatron? Seems made up to me. There are toy guns and weapons all up and down the aisles in toy stores. And Classics Megs has more dopey neon colors going on than a Rainbow Bright figure.. I'm sure they can make it if they want. It doesn't look any different that the Nerf guns that sell like hot cakes. In fact, Classic Megs looks less like a gun that a sword does.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how the Classic/United Megatron gun style even equals something that looks like a real gun. Maybe it's me, but it looks like a toy gun, goofy color scheme or not.

Either way, I'll stick with my WfC Megatron, get the legend figure, and probably the Masterpiece version too. The wings on the voyager style throw me off.

12. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Personally....

I'd love to see a gun megatron....but I doubt we will see it outside the tiny version set to be released.

That said.....

We are getting a G2 Prime......What abouta G2 Megs? I'm all for a Voyager G2 tank Megatron....just sayin'.

Dex

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Parenting arguments aside, its nice we have the option of getting the united one and designating it 'rts' :) 

14. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I think hasbro said not that the laws prevented classics megs reissue but that it would be more difficult and not worth the undertaking. Cant remember where i saw that though.

15. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    But the frigging thing transformed looks like a blaster from star wars than an actual gun anyways.

16. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still don't understand why the United Megatron is going for $50+. I got my henkie megs $35 plus shipping.

17. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Deteriorating exchange rate, and after the Tomy merge, IIRC, Takara starting putting prices up as well.

18. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What I would love to see is Takara make one. Screw it, I will import.

If that is not possible, what I would also like to see is a Megatron triple changer. Here is the catch, his gun mode is never advertised.

So it would be a fandom mode that only can be discovered by the fans. Now that would be sweet.

19. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    United figures are more expensive than Henkei figures.

Henkei Deluxe: 2,000 JPY
    Henkei Voyager: 3,000 JPY

United Deluxe: 2,300 JPY
    United Voyager: 3,600 JPY

+Import and retailer fees, and a weak USD/JPY exchange rate.

20. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

This is truth. I'm sick of all these laws being made to compensate for shitty parenting.