Think we'll get a Dark of the Moon Premium Series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jru42287, May 4, 2011.

1. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I searched the threads, and didn't find anything about this, so I thought I'd bring it up:

I know that Hasbro didn't expect the first movie's toys to sell as well as they did, and that's how the Premium series came about. Now, clearly, the opposite kind of happened with ROTF, and those toys are still lingering in places, like some kind of plastic cancer.

Now, while there's those out there that like the new DotM toys, there's also probably an equal, if not greater, number of us who were disappointed when we saw them. My main beef was what seemed like dumbed down, inaccurate transformations, and the general lack of paint applications.

There are a couple of them, however, such as Leader Sentinel, Voyager Shockwave, and maybe Leader Ironhide, that don't look that awful to me, and I would consider purchasing. But if there's going to be another premium series down the line, I'd rather wait and get them then, when the paint apps are sure to be better.

So, do you think we'll get a premium series? Why or why not?

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll find a way to milk it J. They're gonna give you the least desirable version first, then the japanese materpiece, then we get the premuin with a face mask or something.

3. jru42287

News Credits:
    Probably right. All I know, is that first pic we got of Sentinel's leader toy, all gleaming with silver and such, really looked good. And that's the one I want. Except, I'm sure it was just a production model.

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

They didn't revisit the Premium series with ROTF, so I don't see why they would do it with DOTM. There will be repaints and maybe even some retools without a doubt, though.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The TF'07 figures were made under a budget. Hasbro made a shit ton. Upped the budget for the Premium figures.

RotF figures were preordered by retailers by the shit ton (we all know well enough). Hasbro made bank, and the budget allowed for more eloborate decoes. No Premium Series was necessary.

I imagine DotM falling under the same circumstance. Retailers are clearly leaving space open until DotM is released, they've already paid Hasbro. I don't think there will be a need for a "Premium Series" just like RotF never needed one. The decoes will be good enough the first time around.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Kusanagi explained it well. The premium series was a brilliant way to pad out the first movie toys because retailers couldn't keep them in stock. More Movie More Movie they cried. And now There is a kmart exclusive snowmobile redeco that homages the old energon snowcat kbtoys exclusive. So nerdy, and yet kind of weak compared to a micromaster or action master update.

Were getting Scan Series from toys R Us as opposed to premium series then. Clear plastic.
    I think the target exclusive bumblebee in the case with space case is a clear yellow. Which actually uped my interest in that deluxe for stupid reasons.

And It explained why it looked so smudged in photography.

"Space Case's Case" Oh boy.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Better not!

I really don't wanna buy a figure over & over & over again just because it keeps getting more & more & more screen accurate. :redface2: 

8. jru42287

News Credits:
    One way to be sure we do get a premium series would be for me to buy the figures I want now. B/c life always does that to me.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Hopefully for Sideswipe at least.

10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I don't see a reason for them to release a "Premium Series" again.

11. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I highly doubt premium would return

12. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't think a DOTM Premium series will be released for many of the above reasons. I didn't buy any of the Premium movie figures and I probably wouldn't buy and DOTM premium figures.

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFTM was the first movie and have fewer molds created because Hasbro didn't know how the reaction to the movie would be. Premium was a way to milk the molds.

For DOTM Hasbro expected the popularity so they created many more molds and pre-planned ahead for retools.

Base on how many molds we've heard about so far and Hasbro's ability to reuse molds from the old movies (Brawl, Jetfire, Starscream) the chances of Premiums from Hasbro for DOTM are slim.

Takara is a different story. You'll get plenty of bling from them but you're going to pay more then $40 for a leader.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    first let me explain this:ROTF is the best selling transformer toy line of all time, it even surpassed the first movie sales, we learned this straight from hasbro, it still astounds me that people think otherwise

now, the ONLY reason hasbro did the premium line during the first movie toys is the retailers didn't want to take the ready animated toys, they wanted more movie, so hasbro made the premium line to fill the gap

that said i doubt we will get a premium line, just because they are making so much product

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure when you look at the Rotf's left over stock purely on a percentage base it's the same as past lines, Hell I can still find animated in some toysrus and pharmacies.

The hate for ROTF peg warmers comes from the fact it made some really awesome toys hard to find

17. jru42287

News Credits:
    Yeah, he definitely needs something done. I don't like that figure as a whole, but that gray plastic put it in the "not in a million years" column.

I actually did not know that.

But I think you guys are probably right. I kind of doubt it too. And it's a shame, because some of these figures just seem to need a few paint apps to make them a little more bitchin'.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'll have to slap some bitches if they do.