Think we'll get a beast era for the prime universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by hulk23869, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

The Beast Wars is my favorite TF series.. hell, favorite series of anything. EVER. I think it'd be awesome if we got a beast era for the prime/ps3 games/novels continuity.. How likely do you think it is?

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Wrong forum maybe????

3. hulk23869

No, not wrong forum.. I'm talking about a Beast Era in the Prime universe.. But thank you very much for your two cents.. Very much appreciated.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'd like to see something unfold in that regard, but not flat out replacing Beast Wars. Like, maybe it could involve the characters left behind (aka, the stasis pods), or maybe even something taken from other fiction. With that being said, the Prime universe seems like a logical point for me, so... play ball?

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I would like to see Beast Wars possibly continued on in maybe a few years, but making it with the TFP characters would basically just be a remake. Which would probably suck.

6. hulk23869

I agree that any new beast era should not replace the old, so definitely new characters.. I'd also like to see a continuation of the classic BW

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Sure!!! :2c: 

Beast Wars is fine and wonderful just where it is...let the Prime series enjoy a different identity.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or just let Starscream or someone find remains of TM Dinobot...

9. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    This.:) 

10. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

I just want to see what happened to Animated Blackarachnia :cry 
    And Waspinator had planzzzzzzzz dammit!

But it would be neat to have Prime versions of BW characters (not the least of reasons: because we'd get toys) if not an equivalent to the Beast Wars era. I.e. Cheetor and Rattrap might exist in one form or another but they'd have as much relationship to their BW incarnations as Prime Arcee has to G1 Arcee.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I would very much like seeing a Beast Era in the Alined continuity. So far, it's still my favorite TF series. TFP still could replace it. We are only up to the second episode of the second series. But for right now, Beast Wars is my favorite series with Beast Machines as my second.

I think it would be cool to see a new take on Beast Wars. An updated version with better graphics and a more mature tone. It could be spectacular if as well written as the original series. It would also be interesting to see a new take on Dinobot. Could they make him or another character as epic as the original Dinobot?

I hope we get a new Beast Era.

12. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I would LOVE to see BW in Prime! Not sure how they would make it work, but if they could then by all means do it! I'd love to see it :) 

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe in an episode or 2 with time travel, but definitely not as a whole series.

14. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

As a big Beast Wars fan, I don't know if I'd like an actual Beast Wars-type story or group of characters in Transformers Prime. While the show has so far had plenty of homages and references to previous continuities (the Thirteen, Bumblebee can't talk, the term "Vehicon," etc.), most of them are quite minor in my opinion. Going for something that's quite clearly evoking Beast Wars might be too big of a reference for some people's tastes.

15. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Agreed

16. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

The only way I can see it working would be if it was based during the great war where Cybertronians were first beginning to hide stuff on Earth, so they would take Beast Forms... but if that were the case then I don't think we could have characters like Primal or Megatron, they would have to be some other characters, as Megatron and Optimus would still exist someplace during this time.

I just don't think it should exist in the Prime Timeline

17. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    It's already happening for Rattrap, you heard Arcee in 'Orion Pax - Part 2', there's
    vermin on Cybertron
    . ;) 

As much as I absolutely love Beast Wars, Prime should really stick to it's own thing...

...but perhaps a new cast-member based on BW/M characters like Rattrap or Thrust would work as a later introduction (i'd like to see it, since the Beast Era generally gets shunned more than any other when it comes to homages nowadays).

18. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Something I just realized: Given where the show's animation budget is going right now, we've actually seen few to no Earth animals in Transformers Prime so far.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Unless all the Transformers die off then there would be some point in the far future with Transformers. How that future would shape up is anyone's guess, perhaps the future would unfold like the future that produced Beast Wars or perhaps things will be very different.

20. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with this post

Thats one of the biggest problems I have with not having a fourth season of Animated. I was really curious about what direction the writers decided to take her character.