Think PRID Ironhide will make it Stateside?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShiroPrime, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

I KNOW THIS IS A REDUNDANT QUESTION. And I wouldn't be asking it if I weren't at a crossroad right now.

Here's the scenario: During August, I struck a deal with TFSource and was supposed to recieve $200 store credit--I shortly preordered an arms-micron Ironhide afterwards. Much later they informed me that the deal was off, thus throwing a wrench in my plans. I tried cancelling my pre-order, only to discover TFSource doesn't accept cancelling preorders.

I know you all are tired of the same question, but do you think PRID Ironhide will make it Stateside? If yes, I need to get my money back; if not, I might as well keep him.

2. DragonPrime120

DragonPrime120 "Gah,Ughh,Grunt, Ahh!"

News Credits:
    For One; That's Terrible.
    And Second, Might As Well Keep Him Unless Of Course You Have Other Priorties. Example:
    I Was looking For Hasbro MP-10 Online On TRU. None In Stock. Day This Was: September 28. So I Thought "Hey, Ive Got Until Oct. 15 Before I Have To Shell Out More Money So I'll Preorder An MP-12." Well Next Day He's Sighted. So I went Through The Trouble Of Canceling It Through Robotkingdom. Morale Of Story: Think Of Your Other Priorities First.

3. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF Source is kinda shady sometimes. Its okay for them to cancel the trade but you can't cancel your pre-order? I say go ahead and get ironhide anyways, probably won't pay much more for the Takara version than you would for the stateside deluxe anyways.

4. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Yea..I don't like TF Scource pre-ordering thing, they only cancel my pre-order of, Skyquake since I was first timer there "Da faq?"...I'll stick to BBTS best customer service, but prices are some a bit afar, but I'll deal with it of course this is my opinion.

5. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont thing RiD Ironhide will ever hit the states, sorry to say. The way it seems right now, Takara and Hasbro each use a mold and produce different characters from it. Since we did get that Pickup Truck mold, it seems we'll only be getting it for Kup...and perhaps someone else down the line, but since Japan got Ironhide, I doubt we'll see him. Could be wrong though--not a fan of the mold myself, so I don't mind either way.

6. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Definitely learned several lessons here--chief of them being never again will I do business with TFSource. BBTS (even freaking HLJ) is definitely a better alternative, besides I'd rather purchase from, and trade with you all. ;) 

Guess I'll keep Ironhide--my Universe version broke, and I've been meaning to replace him. Thanks guys.

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    This story adds another reason I will never do business with them.

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Jesus, that's terrible.

Honestly, it's a huge crapshoot at this point. Nothing really has been announced for the Prime toyline following the wave that's currently out, so assuming the show is still on the air I'd imagine it would eventually make its way stateside, along with a red Rumble.

... but then again, Hasbro has been... quite terrible of late with getting figures out so god knows.

That's shady as hell... and especially worrisome since they apparently are okay with renaming figures as they see fit (preordering AM Rumble & Frenzy is a crapshoot considering they swapped the names of MP Rumble and Frenzy). Just... sloppy.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I thought Hasbro Ironhide was confirmed?

10. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

AFAIK, none of the repaints of RiD characters (even if they're the original designs as seen here) that are currently Takara-only have been confirmed for release here.

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

That said, how much do you want Ironhide? I mean, even if he does come out stateside, you're only paying $15 above retail to get him at least three months early, with an Arms Micron to boot (... though personally, with Ironhide, I'd prefer the two guns that Kup has. Personally what I would do is give Kup a Bulkhead Fist and Ironhide Kup's cannons).

12. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Wise man.

I know. I'm still scratching my head over Breakdown.

Nope. See above

Tell me about it, I still haven't aquired some of the LAST Generations figures: Lugnut, Perceptor, etc.

Not $36, that's for sure. While I like your idea of trading weapons, I'll probably wait for some 3rd party accessory, if I don't get a job before then.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource will cancel an order, but you have to jump through hoops to get them to do it.

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I don't doubt he'll get a stateside release. Same thing goes for Breakdown

15. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

He did......

The figure was mis-painted and the packaging just got the wrong name

:lol :lol :lol 

16. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    ^^^

....Hasbro must've been on something then :rolleyes: 

17. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Hasbro has done some really stupid things but one thing they are good for is getting the most out of a mold. I think we'll see him here.

18. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I can't think of any good reason why they wouldn't.

But good reasoning and Hasbro don't seem to mix so well these days.

19. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went ahead and got AM-Ironhide. I got him for my classics collection. Figured it would cost the same as getting CHUG Ironhide and its a better figure. I still have haven't seen Sgt. Kup in a store yet. Figure I get him for the weapons and do a switch.

20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Even as an Ironhide collector, that's the only way I'll get him (and if I can catch him on a sale at a store). I don't think he's worth the price of importing.