Think more Transformers movies will be produced one day?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Screambug, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Long AFTER this trilogy, of course.

It has been proved Batman will keep coming back in much BETTER films even after the rather bizarre treatment in 1990s.

So perhaps some young director many years in future will create a brand-new movie that is more in homage to G1 Transformers than Michael Bay's current films are?:) 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd fully welcome such a move, although I would not want the new movies to be a homage strictly to G1 - far more preferable to me would be an all-new movie franchise that draws the best characters and elements from all previous continuities. Who knows, the future superstar director might be among us at this very point in time!

3. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I would assume. I figured that since there'll always be toys, there'll always be films/cartoons.

To be a tad off topic, I'd actually want to see a 3-D cartoon (as well as a toy line) that tells some of the battles on Cybertron before they arrive to Earth. Rather than having a couple of the toys in Cybertronian forms, the whole line is Cybertronian forms.

4. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Did Batman Begins revert back to the Adam West era Batman appearance and tone?

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's Hollywood so of course they will one day.

They will ride the Bay franchise until the public gets tired of the franchise and then it will sit for a while. But since Hollywood is not exactly the land of new ideas one day some one will get the idea of hey we used to make money off of Transformers so lets see if we can't make money off of it again.

Plus like Rayzilla Prime pointed out Hasbro keeps finding new ways to sell Transformers toys to kids so the demographic for any sort of Transformers film just keeping growing year after year.

As to what it might be like is anyone's guess since who knows what sort of Transformers stuff will be invented between now and some future film franchise.

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I hope so, but not as much as rebooting the moie franchise, just getting a new crew and production team with a new vision, but keeping continuity with bay's movies.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i see what you did there
    early batman, even in the comics, was a very campy character franchise up until the mid 80s. up until the recent IDW stories, the g1 comics were pretty ghey aswell. DW's the war within was a good storyline(or would have been, damn you pat lee) and could be fleshed out as an animated series, but not much more than that. transformers will no doubt get a reboot movie franchise in the future(i'm talking probably fifteen years after this franchise has finished being milked), but i highly doubt it would be G1 based

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    It's a distinct possibility, but I'm pretty sure the chances of it being MORE G1-centric than the current franchise are fairly low.

9. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

See the last film before the switchover. George Clooney is also the only Batman ever to wear a codpiece. I'd take a cartoon over that anyday ;) 

G1.. I think we've got it now with the franchise. I can only imagine them adding later continuities.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some how I think they will go for "fresh" on everything. Bond has been running for what would be considered forever in the film business and when the films change main actors they stop connecting. Batman got the whole new start. I'm sure at some point the X-Men films will get the old re-boot if they start on those again and after the third film a reboot isn't a bad idea.

Plus Hollywood likes that excuse of we are going after new people to watch the film so they will feel some need to re-introduce everything and thus likely to drop just about everything from the Bay series of films.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Most likely, but if anything they'll be as G1 accurate as these movies. Oddly enough I'm going to college to hopefully one day direct movies, so if everything works out, I could end up being the director to do such a thing. Though I've got a decent idea of how to make a live action Beast Wars movie, and other than that I'd love to either make or see a live action take on RID.

12. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Yeah, they might get a reboot, but we have to see how the Bayline turns out. Right now it's too early to judge. I has one strike and you need three to get him out. The first movie, as much as I like watching it, is terrible.

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    It's inevitable.

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Bay has said previously if it remains popular he'd like to do 5 movies.
    Personally I hope for a full 13 of this universe so it has it's own 'season'. xD

Who knows if they will ever reboot it, right now the plans for X-men and spidey show no reboot in sight for awhile. (X4 to come after the wolverine movie, all are still canon to each other allegedly.)
    Superman didn't get rebooted either, Batman had no choice after the utter schlock schumacher made by going adam west style with george clooney.

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Everybody here goes for a reboot hoping that the next franchise could be more G1-esque, but reboot is not always necesary to change the pace (despite what hasbro has teached you)