Think Hasbro would ever make a new G1 Thunderwing toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jignat, Nov 2, 2008.

1. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

with the 25 anniversary coming up and universe etc, I was happy to get one of my "holy grail " Decepticons updated(cyclonus), but was wondering if Hasbro will ever decide to make a new figure based on the crazed matrix holder.

Hes been in stormbringer and some other comics but i dont know how popular he is with current Tf fans (or non G1 comic fans).

So , likely to happen or will hell freeze over first?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Probably both, as Thunderwing would probably try to freeze hell over anyways:ev: 

That aside, I doubt it, as Pretenders weren't that popular as I hear it. Considering what he actually does in Stormbringer, though, it's possible...

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The character took on more significance through his role in the latter couple of years of Marvel G1, and again in Stormbringer. I always liked how Furman would take a relatively obscure (at the time) character and flesh them out.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I think there is a decent chance of it in the future. Hasbro seems interested/engaged in paying tribute to lots of different Transformers sublines recently, with Micromaster and Targetmaster homages (and a stated interest in doing a Headmaster at some point).

So, throwing out a Pretenders homage would be a next logical step. And seeing that fan-favorites Thunderwing and Bludgeon are pretty much the only Pretenders who get any respect (deservedly so), he's got about a 50% chance of being that hypothetical homage.

Now poor Longtooth, on the other hand.... I think he may be forever doomed to languish in G1 obscurity. :) 

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I'd buy a Thunderwing or Bludgeon Classics Universe toy in an instant! You listening Hasbro? lol

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Longtooth only really appeared in one comic though (well two if you read the uk comics), sure it was funny but out of the autobots having first major appearences in the Matrix Quest I'd say Nightbeat, Siren and Hosehead were the only ones who stood out to me.

7. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Bill Rawley mentionned that he and the Universe team want to do a Universe Bludgeon toy, but with the abundance of tank and tank-like Transformers in the line already, they had to put it on hold.

I'm tempted to get a petition started to see just how much support a Universe Bludgeon would get but from my experience, online petitions rarely get things done...

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I could care less. Actually, I hope NOT as I hate Pretenders and wouldn't want to see a precious slot in Universe wasted on one.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd be interested in new Thunderwing and Bludgeon toys. I'd prefer they not be Pretenders though....theie outer shells are far more recognizable than their inner robots, so just cut out the middleman so to speak and have their shells transform into the jet/ tank modes.

10. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Yes to what G13 said. They can whip up a back story that explains the lack of an inner robot as the result of Thunderwing and or Bludgeon becoming trans organic like beings, basically they are those shells which are part organic/ part mechanical.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's exactly what Thunderwing does with his transforming shell. Then the inner robot transforms into a shuttle and the jet modes merge ala Dreadwind and Darkwing. It's pretty cool! I'd love to see Thunderwing and Bludgeon redone as a pair of organic demons that can transform, with inner robots who can eject, transform and merge vehicles. Sounds like something Animated's Meltdown would come up with, in fact!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  12. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I for one liked the Pretender concept, and Thunderwing was one of my favorites. So, I'd love to see an updated version of him with more articulation.

13. Detour

News Credits:
    Didn't you make an Alternators Bludgeon custom?

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    bumped to Toy Discussion. :) 

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Thunderwing isn't so much a pretender as TF with another smaller TF living inside him, like a much cooler soundwave.

Also I wouldn't kill but I'd probably commit GBH for Universe/stormbring Thunderwing with inner robot and "super" mode for the outter robot*.

*Outter robot, I'm sure there is a gay joke there

16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

i think they should make a figure of Thunderwing based on the Stormbringer design

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Put another way, he's like Ultra Magnus if the super mode armor was completely enclosing. And the armor transformed into a self-propelling vehicle. I've yet to see a car carrier going down the freeway without a cab attached. :p 

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yes, but he's no pretender! :p 

19. Detour

News Credits:
    Nobody ever said the new toy HAD to have a shell too.
    Last I checked, the new Weirdwolf toy didn't have a Nebulan head, the new Dreadwind toy didn't have a Nebulan engine.
    The new Ratbat and Overkill toys are likewise not tied down to their original gimmicks of being cassettes for Soundwave, now featuring actual robot modes along with altmodes.

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

So maybe more like godbomber but with out his robot made and the combined supermode looking exactly alike :p