Think about this....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheelchairninja, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

If you're going to do a soundtrack for the movie, or even the individual characters, wouldn't it stand to reason that those songs/bands would be stuff that was popular in the '80's? Classic stuff that everyone (well, most of us) has heard at least once in our lifetimes. I want to hear your thoughts, and even suggestions, on this one.

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I think the industry today is trying to cater to as broad an audience as possible. They're probably going to avoid the 80s metal (or any other metal for that matter) and are probably going to settle for modern rock, pop and rap instead. A couple of forumites here suggested Dragonforce. I have to admit that they do seem pretty hardcore and do scare me somewhat.

Throw in some Kelly Clarkson, Linkin Park and etc into the ST and I'll be a happy camper. :) 

3. Wheelchairninja

That makes sense considering the modern marketing we deal with, except that Bay flat out said that he's trying to appeal to the original demographic. Guy's like me who grew up watching this show. I was listening to Metallica, ACDC, and stuff like that when I was in grade school. Putting in stuff that's only become popular of the last few years might be considered insulting and could drive away that particular demographic.

4. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't never go wrong with a full orchestral soundtrack.

5. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I actually posted a thread 2 days ago about them being part of the soundtrack...Well their videos are a little weird but the music like I said is a deffinante nod if anything else.

Plus they sort of new school as well so it works out in the long run!

6. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    ugh, the "classic" soundtrack for the 80's movie was retarded even in the 80's :p 

7. Wheelchairninja

No arguing that. Catchy theme song, though.

8. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    speaking of Dragonforce, I want some epic, balls out metal version of the tf theme song.... or like, a Led Zepplin rock opera.... yeah..

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I still think Disturbed would be a good band to do the soundtrack for Megatron, Chevelle for either Prime or BB and Three days grace for BoneCrusher. Some Paul Oakenfold for Jazz maybe

10. Lord Drungar

Lord Drungar professional slacker

i second that

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    80's metal would be the worst option for this soundtrack. As much as I love the 80's and G1, this movie is neither. It will have a blockbuster soundtrack and an orchestral soundtrack.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Long story short, the soundtrack will have a bit of everything. Expect soft rock neck to speed metal next to 80s hair metal next to 'new school' rock. Hell we already know the Goo Goo Dolls will be a part of the soundtrack, Linkin Park was playing during the trailer and that this movie will have an original orchestral soundtrack. Guarenteed we'll hear a decent mix of old and new, common and unknown metal/rap/rock/instrumentals etc etc etc.

It's a big movie, it'll have a big music score to go along with it.

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I liked the soundtrack for The Siege. Get those guys to do it. Teh heh.

I'll all up for the orchestra stuff, wouldn't mind having some sort of techno or digital beat to it, cuz, well... robots, it works.

14. Wheelchairninja

Stone Cold Crazy form Metallica for BoneCrusher.

15. neK

neK Is behind you...

I agree, A good orchestral soundtrack and make the movie, I mean, The POTC soundtracks where very good, proves you don't need well know bands to perform the music

16. indecks

indecks Banned

Yeah I say get rid of all the teeny bopper music like Linkin Park and Googoo dolls, yes Kelly Clarkson is hot but her music does not belong in a 'big robots destroying shit' movie.

Its going to be a great movie, but it would be even THAT much better if the music and sound track didn't have to cater to highschoolers.

17. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I dont know abbout disturbed doing megatron background music, Dont worry I dont hate the band, but megatron himself just seems deaper and more sadistic...like a mixture of Marylin Manson, Korn, and AmonAmarth.

All I know is nickelback should deffinitley have a go with the more softer rock genre for the movie.!

18. indecks

indecks Banned

ugh. Manson and Korn? yay for orchestral soundtracks.

Can anyone even imagine how retarded (or "even more retarded" depending on your opinion of the movie) Revenge of the Sith would have been with that "Crawling in my skin" song following Ani-Vader around?

"Crawwwwwwwwling in my skeeeeeeeennnn"

Jesus. Effing. Christ.

19. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

As long as it's a good mix of rock and metal, much like the Armagedon soundtrack was, I'll be happy. However, if I'm not happy with the selection (not into Goo Goo Dolls) I'll go with the orchestral soundtrack.

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

No. Personally I think that would be a HUGE mistake. The purpose of putting a soundtrack together is to make money by selling records, and drum up more advertising. The only way that can happen is to make something that will sell the most records. And you don't do that by creating an oldies collection that their biggest demographic won't buy. It has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia. It has EVERYTHING to do with money making ability.