Things in Movies or TV Shows That Leave You Annoyed

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Nachtsider, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

If Ultimate Spider-Man had a laugh track, there would be even less fans of the show.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Exaclty! It's like an overrated gimmick!

Uggh! It's pretty creepy to think about! :eek: 

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two more:

- When shows come back from a commercial and replay the last few seconds that were shown before the ads. While the commercial breaks may feel long sometimes, they aren't so long I forget what just happened and need a brief recap. And if I just started watching the show after the commercial, the brief recap isn't going to help when I missed the first 5 - 10 minutes. This bugs me largely because I watch most shows on DVD and they very rarely edit out the repeat footage so the episodes flow smoothly.

- Excessive repetition on reality shows. First, they tease what's going to happen in the episode at the top of the show ("this episode, Gordon Ramsey fights a shark"), then before each commercial they tease what will happen after the break ("up next, Gordon Ramsey fights a shark"), then they show the event happening ("here's Gordon Ramsey, fighting a shark") and then after the commercial, they recap what was just shown ("moments ago, Gordon Ramsey fought a shark"). I use Gordon Ramsey as an example because his various shows are terrible for doing that. If they cut out the constant recaps, each episode of Hell's Kitchen would only be 22 minutes long.

4. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've encountered a lot of that when watching Transformers Prime on Blu-Ray. Bugged me quite a bit.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

One thing that pisses me off is when they introduce a Big Villain for the show, and either don't use him at all until the season finale [usually killing him at the end, adding further insult to the injury] or make him a pathetic wreck.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly the series I was thinking of.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Also, villains who are so generic "BLARRRGH EVIL" with nothing unique about them whatsoever. It's why I can't enjoy or like TFP Megatron in the show.

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When trailers of shows or movies looks better then the actually thing.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Prime Megatron is the total antithesis of that. Now G1 Megatron or RiD Megatron, are totally that.

10. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    -Deus ex Machinas, I just hate them so much, they just look terrible when they're lazily done, like the end of Avatar, "oh we're all about to die..NOOOO-oh wait, all the animals have come to help, we're saved" ffs, even Toy Story 3 had me going "WTF? Really?" for a bit

Sometimes I like them, such as in Life of Brian, but that wasn't particularly serious and was done deliberately as a parody

Oh good lord this. Live final episodes of the X factor went on for almost 3 hours, even though they only needed half of that. That also leads me onto fictional conflicts between judges on these sort of shows. I don't watch X-factor anymore, but it annoyed me no end when Simon and Geordie chocolate eyes started bickering for about 10 minutes, i'm just watching it thinking "ffs SHUT. UP. Let me hear the damn music already"