Things I missed

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daviddt, Aug 3, 2011.

1. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

1) Besides being in Africa Megatron vehicle mode is never seen. A lot of money to make it and not using it.

2) The wreckers didn't do much. Yeah the killed the four armed Con. But I didn't see it in the cinema, only on YouTube.

3) The marines and parachute guys weren't necessary. I found the wing man not very special. I rather had a fight between an autobot against a Con. Or let Lennox and Epps team up and kill just one.

Only BB and OP fight and kill.

But the move has gained 1 billion.

Still, I was very disappointed in the movie. Such good concept

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Megatron arrived in Chicago in alt-mode.

3. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    1- Actually it is seen again riding towards the building Dylan was in on the streets of Chicago.

2- What?

3- Ok.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Um... did you see him drive around Chicago
    So you didn't legally see the movie, what the hell?
    EDIT: They built the goddamn ship and faced Optimus Primes dreaded enemy, wires.
    Sorry but news media outlets actually cared about it.

EDIT: Hater.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Except for the shot of Megatron driving down the streets of Chicago. Dylan is up there in his penthouse and says "I see him pulling up as we speak." or something akin to that.

I do agree, though. It would've been cool to see more of his vehicle mode. It was so BA. But oh well. I'm sure that having a giant semi sitting on the balcony of a skyscraper 10+ stories in the air would've seem awkward. Even more awkward than having a giant robot standing on the balcony of a skyscraper 10+ stories.

2.) They did a lot, relatively speaking. They "designed the d@mn" ship. They killed that Decepticon protoform in the Decept-jet, allowing 'Bee and Sam to go rescue Carly. They were the "battering ram" of the convoy leading into Chicago. They provided a distraction to Shockwave to allow the Autobots to escape. They rescued Optimus from those dangerous cables. Then they helped provide cover for Optimus and such during the final battle. Really, no more or less than any other supporting Autobot characters.

3.) The Marines weren't so useful, but the Bird-Men were, in my opinion. I'll concede on that point.

-Sentinel also fights and kills. Ironhide kills a Dread. Dino kills a Dread. Sideswipe fights a lot. Wheelie and Brains most likely kill a few 'Cons when they commandeer that Decepticon ship and crash it. Barricade and a protoform kill Que. But did you want every single character to have a fight scene and a kill scene? Believe me, a lot of us want a lot of things in the movies, but a 6.5 hour movie doesn't market very well.

-Yes. Yes it has. :D 

-Sorry to hear that.

EDIT: Many of my points were already made. It took me longer to respond than I thought. :) 

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I don't know how to respond to the OP's post since I don't know what hes talking about .....

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    TylerMirage and rxlthunder once again remain voices of reason.

Carry on!

8. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Thanks, bro! :thumbs2: 

EDIT: Permission to sig?

EDIT 2: 'Cause I sigg'd it. Will change it if you so wish, Ephland.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks!

EDIT: Sigged.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You are mostly right,but Ironhide kills 2 dreads and Mirage gets an awesome melee kill on a protoform. Ratchet also kills two protoforms

11. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Oh, right. Ironhide does kill both of 'em in the Mexican Standoff. I counted a kill for Dino when he flings Hatchet(?) onto that car with his whip-things during the highway chase. Because that Dread is never seen again. But I guess you could also count 'Bee in on that, since 'Bee is pounding him with ammunition just prior.

Ratchet kills some protoforms?! Missed that. :)  And I did notice Dino jumping on that one protoform in Chicago, but I didn't really count it as a kill. Maybe I should.

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

When OP flies in,you can see Ratchet blast a fallen Protoform with a rocket,then when Mirage kills the Protoform,another one on a building is shot down by one of Ratchet's missiles

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    See, if you hated the bird-men scene then you have no idea of what makes an awesome spectacle and should proceed to get of the internet - forever.

good day.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Definitely a kill. You don't actually see the kill, but the scene cuts away right as Dino reaches back his arm preparing for the fatality move.

EDIT: the more I think about that moment, and the rest of DOTM, the war really is portrayed as an actual war. These robots are out to kill each other, and it's not hinted at or otherwise subtly referred to. You have to give the filmmakers credit for that.

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Wonder Sig powers, activate! :D 

16. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

I know my english isn't good. The thing is some action sequence aren't great. You see a bunch of autobots shooting. I saw Mirage killing that Con. Butt I didn't see Ratchet killing one.

When I meant I didn't saw the wreckers kill that four legged con because I was fixating on Optimus. A close up of the wrechers killing that Con, Mirage killing one and also Sideswipe

17. mattimus

mattimus Well-Known Member

"daviddt" we must get Prime to take your face for seeing this not in the theater.

18. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

parachute people sucked. we have giant robots walking around that look freaking real and i am supposed to give a &%@! about those guys?

dont care whatsoever how the stunts are done, i only care about what it looks like on screen.
    far as i am concerned they wasted my time and kept me from seeing more robots.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Hater alert, hater alert!

20. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    No wonder DOTM only made 1 billion! daviddt saw it for free. :lol