THF-02 The Plumb (KO DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by JazzSanti86, Jul 26, 2017.

1. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my first experience with a knockoff figure like this so after having him in hand for a few weeks now, I though I give my thoughts on him.

First off, the packaging is really nice, sturdy box with some nice artwork and photos of the figure.

[​IMG]

The instructions are very nice as well with the step by step pictures are not too bad as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Mech Tech saw-blade weapon is in a solid grey plastic with some flakes in it to give it a metallic look, and the spinning blade gimmick works about half the and tends to get.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The vehicle mode is overall very nice, the different sponsor logos are all added on nicely, nothing done sloppy (the spellings on some of the logos are incorrect but I get it). The overall plastic feels solid, nothing feels cheap.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But I will point this out, I didn't notice it the first time transforming him but did notice it when I was transforming him back for this review, as you can see the, there is a break in the plastic where you transform the arm/shoulder. It has not given me any issues in terms the manipulating that joint but of course being very careful with it.

[​IMG]

Besides that, the transformation is a bit finicky but the joints are solid, nothing loose but some pieces are a bit more stiff than others so keep that in mind .

The robot mode, again, very nice. From the silver paint is applied very well, as well as the bit of red on the red. Again, the plastic doesn't look/feel cheap and the ball joints and swivel joints are again not loose at all.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Overall, despite that break, this figure is a solid toy and goes great with the other deluxe wreckers. So if you never got the takara version and want him at a reasonable price, definitely pick him up (he's $35 on TF-Direct).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that you reminded me that the Bayverse had the Wreckers in it.

3. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    This looks great! This thread makes me want the Wreckers again! I love that Alt mode!

Nice review!

4. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

I always wonder about some of the things they do. They're making a bootleg toy, do they really think that spelling Eneigrzer and Chevorlet will afford them any protection? Is this a real KO, like the same pieces and shapes and sizes of the official toy?

5. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Nice where did u get it?

6. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Reprolabels may fix the sponsors but I get a chuckle every time I see IMPALR

7. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, its a real KO.

Got him at TF-Direct

• Like Like x 1
  8. charles_242

charles_242 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your review ! You help me in my decision of picking up this guy ! It will be my first KO.
    Hasbro loose a great opportunity to put it to sell again in another wave.

9. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    god damn it, the name makes me want this guy as mario and topspin as luigi haha

10. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 MPM-5, take MPM-3 down a peg or 2.

News Credits:
    that's just "plumb" ridiculous