"They Were Always Real To Me" Video up at Hasbro's Universe Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by knook, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

That 1 min and 19 seconds was far more satisfying than the hours I spent watching that movie. Seeing Sam play "Saved by the Bell" type antics with his parents and a cheesy webcam session with the army dude's newborn was excruciatingly painful seeing as how this was a Transformers movie.

That 1:19 of footage showed a good action scene that I could actually follow. Rather than a whirring of blades and parts and shiny chrome everywhere. There were so many little parts on the TFs in the movies that they looked like an amorphous pile of moving steel.

What they should have done is gotten rid of the salaries of the fat nerd, the aussie tech-geek, and half of the other human actors and used it on the TFs. But even going with a more simplified look for the TFs would have helped immensely. Sigh, we had one chance for a live action TF movie and we let Bay screw it away. Sigh.

2. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I .... I ... dear god, that was omg. :bowdown:  :jawdropper: 

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Holy cow! that was an awesome clip! ^^

4. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    AKA what we SHOULD have gotten, Bravo Hasbro

5. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I find it unnerving that people use the reason that it was made by a fan as nothing compared to a big budget movie. I'm looking at you Joe Moore.

How can you expect it to? It was probably made by one fan with limited resources. How can you expect it to match the quality of the movie? Lets see how the movie designs would have done with only one fan with limited resources working on it.

If this was an experiment, your controls are horrible. Both arguments need to be given the exact same resources for all outside variables to be eliminated except for the one variable being tested. A lot of you don't seem to understand that concept...

What SHOULD catch people's attention is the fact that people still are in admiration of this video and some even claim it as better than the movie EVEN WITH THE FACT THAT IT HAD LITTLE RESOURCES!

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Well if you give the studio the 300 million dollars they would have lost in from the general population who enjoyed the scenes with Sam and his parents and the movie as a whole, I am sure they would considered your idea to have an all 100% geewun style-robot CGI-fest.

Why can't you enjoy it for what it is, a pretty decent clip that is roughly Direct to DVD quality or Videogame Bumper quality. In fact I believe this is a videogame bumper for those cheap TF universe game.

Hate the movie, just don't pretend this is even on the same level of any of the CGI done in the movie.

7. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just watched the clip again. The sheer amount of power and strength shown (and heard) by these two twin titans clashing was amazing.

All I can say is a sincere thank you to the folks at Hasbro who put this together. You DO care about the fans. "They were always real to me."

Oh, and for all of you that came to this thread just to debase it into "Animated Sucks, Movie Sucks, Movie is Awesome ..."

Well, throw a bone, start a dog fight.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only reason Joe Moore or anyone else is making any such comments is because all the previous posts spouting off comparisons beforehand. I wouldn't have said anything comparing it to the movie if there wasn't already a bunch of posters already comparing it. Why did they? Go ask them.

9. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

That's the 1st time I've ever liked G1 Megatron. The original toy sucked, he was annoying as hell in the G1 cartoon, he looked ******ed in the 2007 movie video game,he was a nerf gun in Classics, the Masterpiece was okay but this is the best G1 Megatron ever. The Alice Cooper eyes worked wonders. Whoever made this is awesome! After all these years they managed to get me to like G1 Megatron.

I WANT MORE!!!!​

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    WTF was that???? Man that was mindblowing.

I would have seen the movie if it was like that. It would have been hokier and cartoon-y but I would have enjoyed it more.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Thanx
    Transbot90210

11. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

2 poor arguments:

First, the amount of people that liked the old scene they would have lost might have been less than the amount gained by the people who liked the new scenes. OR those people who liked that scene would still have come to see the movie since it was a TF movie. It might not have an effect. Your argument is pure conjecture.

Second, as in my above post, IF the CGI in the video had the resources of the movie, or the movie had the decreased resources of the video clip, then it would be a fair discussion. Also, as I stated in my above post - the fact remains that a CHEAP, resource-poor clip that probably did not have any good amount of time spent on it still is getting rave reviews that it looks better than the movie...

12. rabbid1

rabbid1 Well-Known Member

A fanboy isn't merely someone who likes something; a fanboy is one who defends something vehemantly.

So, if I understand the arguement correctly, the '07 movie did as well as it did for no other reason than the robot designs.

Not the humor.
    Not the action.
    Not the razor thin story.
    Not Megan Fox's tummy.
    Not the spectacle.
    Not the ILM rendered VFX.

Only because of the robot designs.

That, to me, is folly, and reeks of fanboyness.

Now, to throw in my $.02... as this video stands, all by itself, no- it's not a suitable replacement for Bayformers.

HOWEVER...

maintain the recognizability, maintain the same overall shape, add some detail and articulation points, and ILM doing it, and we have a very strong contender.

As good as the movie and its VFX was, it was also self evident that any Transformers live action would do. Well, maybe not Animated. Simply because it's animated.

I have always shook my head in disbelief whenever someone held up an example NOT done by ILM in full resoltion and compared it to ILM's full rez renderings as being equal... and proof that the other concept "just won't work".

13. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually it's been pointed out that this is actually from a video game. And it's videogame quality. It is what it is. To compare it to Oscar nominated special effects is just hilarious. People are all hopped up pulling their G1 rose tinted glasses on. And hey, go for it. That's what it's there for. For me, it reinforces my resolve that those designs don't translate all that well to detailed moving cgi. This clip is less impressive than the CGI intro to Transformers Tateki.

As for the rest of your post, well, I can't be bothered. You were in such a huff to call me out that you forgot to, you know, make sense.

14. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

To those people - they PREFERRED the fan-made, resource poor material to the expensive, movie produced material. Its like someone buying a custom from a person who makes customs in his garage over the factory-intensive, expensive, team engineered toys churned out by Hasbro.

Will the fan-made stuff ever have the high quality shine of mass-produced material? No. They can't due to their limitations. I see that the CGI isn't as well rendered or error-free as the movie stuff. However, had entire teams of design-personnel, programmers, engineers, graphic artists, etc been able to fine tune the basic idea of the fan-made material, it would IMO be infinitely superior to the movie material.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would play a TF game if it were like that. That one clip blows the real TF game out of the water IMO.

I would just like to state now, that I really only liked TF movie for the designs and CGI action scenes. Not the story, humour or whatever (they were a bonus). But that's just MY OPINION.

16. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Your post reeks of ignorance and superiority. You miss the point entirely. EVEN THOUGH ITS a low-budget production - it is still preferred by many fans to the movie. You again don't look at the argument that had it been done by ILM with the amount of time, money, and personnel - that it might be better. You are comparing the two as they are. That isn't a fair comparison. Give the "video game" design more resources or take away resources form the movie and you have a fair comparison.

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Excellent movie/clip/commercial... whatever it is.

I'd love a direct to DVD release in this style.

18. Irv Gotti

Irv Gotti I'm Rick James B%#ch!!

I agree, for what it was, I actually enjoyed it. My inner child did it's Happy Dance! :D 

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The real game wasn't very good.

20. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet! The whole movie should be remade like this!